[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Generally, do you prefer a RB or WR in Flex?

jco207

I'm in a 1 point PPR league, TD = 6, 1 point every 10 yards. I know a lot depends on your actual team, the matchups, the momentum of individual players, etc. But just wondering, if you had to choose between an average RB3 and WR3, who would you lean toward starting?

This all makes sense. Out of curiousity, I just ran the numbers on 2009 in my league and found that after RB6 vs WR6, WRs outscored RBs. Could it be we're leaving points on the table looking for consistency? This is only applying to PPR leagues, of course.

This all makes sense. Out of curiousity, I just ran the numbers on 2009 in my league and found that after RB6 vs WR6, WRs outscored RBs. Could it be we're leaving points on the table looking for consistency? This is only applying to PPR leagues, of course.

There are a lot more WR than RB, so on any given week a WR might outperform a RB. Good luck trying to figure wich WR#1 through #4 will hit paydirt.

In our league we start 2RB and 3WR and then a flex WR/RB. I'll take my RB #3 over somones WR#4 everytime !

Case in point. I have Steven Jackson, Arian Foster, and LeSean McCoy. I like my odds of playing any of those 3 guys vs another teams #4 WR.

I don't think there is any simple way to answer this question. Far too many variables involved.

Is the RB likely to get targets? Which type of D and what CB might matchup against a given WR? Is the WR a possession type who might get 6 catches? Do you start Benson against BALT or Driver aginst BUF? I'd go Driver in that case. On almost any other given week it's Benson.

In our league we start 2RB and 3WR and then a flex WR/RB. I'll take my RB #3 over somones WR#4 everytime !

Case in point. I have Steven Jackson, Arian Foster, and LeSean McCoy. I like my odds of playing any of those 3 guys vs another teams #4 WR.

+1 - My flex at RB3 is Forte this week. My opponent's flex at WR4 is Devery Henderson.