[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs are 2-0

Swiss Cheezhead

Who's the Chiefs' best offensive player? Is there any freaking doubt?

Haley is playing with fire if he doesn't start putting the ball in Jamaal Charles' hands more often.

Chiefs fans -- is your local media asking questions about this?

Of course I am biased because I have him on my team but Charles is a threat every time he touches the ball. I like Jones but he should be spelling Charles, not the other way around. Besides, with the threat that Charles is at receiving, it should help take pressure off of Cassel. Am I of base here for you KC homers, what is Haleys deal???

I cannot believe we're 2-0.

As far as I'm concerned, Haley is a genius.

That said, check back with me next week. Reality will be coming hard and fast (imo).

At the end of week six (our first five games due to bye week), we'll be 2-3 (49ers at home and both the Colts and Texans on the road are all coming up).

Alot of people around here have the same sentiment as you. I will probably get bashed for this but...I dont have a problem in Haley's decision in running both backs. It's pretty easy to see that we dont have much offense. Kinda reminds me of a Miami offense that depended completely on Ronnie Brown. Every week opposing teams knew exactly who to target and very early in the season Brown was out for the season. The way I see it, no one was expecting anything from the Chiefs this year, but as ugly as the wins were we are 2-0 our D is actually making plays and we are not grinding one of our few playmakers into the ground. Haley may be a moron in some circles but I think that there is alot improvement in this Chiefs team and he is winning. Something a true moron like Herm Edwards cant boast.

Edited by fingfootball

Alot of people around here have the same sentiment as you. I will probably get bashed for this but...I dont have a problem in Haley's decision in running both backs. It's pretty easy to see that we dont have much offense. Kinda reminds me of a Miami offense that depended completely on Ronnie Brown. Every week opposing teams knew exactly who to target and very early in the season Brown was out for the season. The way I see it, no one was expecting anything from the Chiefs this year, but as ugly as the wins were we are 2-0 our D is actually making plays and we are not grinding one of our few playmakers into the ground. Haley may be a moron in some circles but I think that there is alot improvement in this Chiefs team and he is winning. Something a true moron like Herm Edwards cant boast.

Yep

As long as the Chiefs win, Haleys misuse of Charles will be tolerated. Theres a lot of games left, Charles should get more work. Stay Tuned!

I truly think both of these guys have it right. Would I like to see Charles get more work? Of course I would, but right now he is using Charles as a change of pace to keep him fresh and healthy. I have my doubts about Charles being a feature back and Haley obviously feels the same way because surely everyone as well as he can see that Charles is a dynamic playmaker. He will get more work, but don't say we didn't warn you all that this was going to happen. :wacko:

From roto:

After Sunday's win, Jamaal Charles acknowledged for the first time that he is the backup to Thomas Jones.

Charles didn't touch the ball until the third series on Sunday and ended up with 11 carries to Jones' 22. "I don't have any complaints," Charles said. "Hey, man, as long as we win games around here, it doesn't matter to me." Coach Todd Haley will eventually realize that his 2-0 record is a mirage and Charles gives the Chiefs the best chance to win. But until that happens, Charles is looking at 12-15 touches a game.

LOL FML in 3 leagues.

As a Charles owner I still do not mind the workload one bit....of course I could be a bit biased as I am 2-0 despite starting Charles as my RB2...

I want a full 20 touch + healthy charles beginning week 10 when the real games matter...anything until then is fine by me...

It's been said many times that Charles' value will come via receptions in garbage time (coupled with his homerun ability). We all expected the Chiefs to be trailing in the 4th quarter of games and even Todd Haley wouldn't use Jones up the middle for 3.2 yards in a comeback effort.

That said, Haley is playing his hand correctly the first 2 weeks. Get the lead, pound Jones, run the clock. How many more times can this actually happen?

I cannot believe we're 2-0.

As far as I'm concerned, Haley is a genius.

That said, check back with me next week. Reality will be coming hard and fast (imo).

At the end of week six (our first five games due to bye week), we'll be 2-3 (49ers at home and both the Colts and Texans on the road are all coming up).

this is where I am saying to buy low on Charles now because KC will be playing from behind more often and Charles will come in more when their TJ gameplan isn't working well enough (probably because the D is really not that good)..

Talking about this on local radio right now. Speculation may be that the Chiefs know they have a good commodity and are trying to protect him from a health standpoint.

For long term reasons, this is a good idea. This year for the Chiefs is interesting. Realistically they are a middle of the road team. Probably not playoff bound. So protecting Charles for next year makes some sense. But frustrating. We want to see him play.

Talking about this on local radio right now. Speculation may be that the Chiefs know they have a good commodity and are trying to protect him from a health standpoint.

For long term reasons, this is a good idea. This year for the Chiefs is interesting. Realistically they are a middle of the road team. Probably not playoff bound. So protecting Charles for next year makes some sense. But frustrating. We want to see him play.

The Vikings don't look very good right now. They should stop playing Adrian Peterson. You know, to protect him.