[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Mathews

klambert

This was just posted on profootballtalk.com

Ryan Mathews carted off the field; returns quickly

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 19, 2010 4:57 PM ET

The Chargers solution to their running game woes was to trade up in the draft for Ryan Mathews. For now, they need to come up with another solution.

Mathews was carted to the locker room with an ankle injury in the first half of Sunday's game against the Jaguars. He appeared to twist the ankle in a pile and had to be helped off the field.

Darren Sproles and Mike Tolbert will take over running back duties in a game the Chargers figure to run plenty. They lead 14-3 over Jacksonville early in the second quarter.

UPDATE: Mathews jogged back on to the sidelines soon after we hit publish. He appears ready to re-enter the game.

I'm also tired of people expecting to know the results of a MRI DURING THE GAME. I think he was in the right in the Turner thread.

You realize they actually made an announcement and that he could have returned but they decided to hold him out. You and Grits were wrong, sorry.

You realize they actually made an announcement and that he could have returned but they decided to hold him out. You and Grits were wrong, sorry.

It was announced that he had a minor groin strain and his return was probable ... that was well before the game was over.

When the score got out of hand they did not announce that they decided to hold him out because they were in control of the game but that was obvious to anybody with a clue ... and I mentioned in the thread that Atlanta would likely do just what they did.

So ... we don't know anything more than we did during the game.

Nope, I think people need to give it a little bit of time before freaking out and wanting to know the prognosis while the game is still on. The dude had a groin injury during a blowout. Why in the blue hell would they have put him back in?

I think it has to do with theZOMG feel of the posts when I guy goes out....with the information overload that is available today you know that when relevant info is available it will be all over the networks, net, blogs, twitter etc....unless you are in a league where you can pull the player you started and replace him with a bench player then I have to say I don't see the "need to know NOW NOW NOW" attitude....sure it sucks if you started a guy but it is what it is....and if you are in a league that has waivers open on Sunday my guess is you will have run the scenarios thru your head instantly and either make the move or not...and I will say it seemed clear as day to me that due to the score Turner was done for the day.

edit for filter

Edited by keggerz

< shrug > ... okay questionable ... either way we knew as much then as we do now

well the difference is that if Probable and the game was close we could very well have seen him again...as Questionable you pretty much know his day is 99% done, especially when the game is well in hand

Nope, I think people need to give it a little bit of time before freaking out and wanting to know the prognosis while the game is still on. The dude had a groin injury during a blowout. Why in the blue hell would they have put him back in?

Because sometimes you do find things out during or just after the game, that's why.

I think it has to do with the Have to agree here feel of the posts when I guy goes out....with the information overload that is available today you know that when relevant info is available it will be all over the networks, net, blogs, twitter etc....unless you are in a league where you can pull the player you started and replace him with a bench player then I have to say I don't see the "need to know NOW NOW NOW" attitude....sure it sucks if you started a guy but it is what it is....and if you are in a league that has waivers open on Sunday my guess is you will have run the scenarios thru your head instantly and either make the move or not...and I will say it seemed clear as day to me that due to the score Turner was done for the day.

Let me start out by saying that when I use the word "YOU" it means everyone who has an issue, not you personally.

Not everybody feels the same way as you, though. And besides, no one was asking for a result of an MRI. I (personally) just wanted to know what his status was. Last I heard he could have made it back to the game. You guys need to chill out on the angry responses to simple questions. Honestly, it was just a simple status update - who cares why I or anyone else wanted to know. You guys have to stop going ape-sh*t on everyone who asks a question.

I think the real question is why even bother posting if it bothers you so much? This is FF and you either live with it or you do something else with your time. I mean, really, if it bothers you, Grits'n'Shins THAT much then why bother wasting your time with responses that don't answer the question. Just ignore it and move onto another thread. Really, this is what forums are for. These are not YOUR forums after all and if you don't like it go start your own FF site. That way, you can be as restrictive as you want on your forums.

Edited by tosberg34

Let me start out by saying that when I use the word "YOU" it means everyone who has an issue, not you personally.

Not everybody feels the same way as you, though. And besides, no one was asking for a result of an MRI. I (personally) just wanted to know what his status was. Last I heard he could have made it back to the game. You guys need to chill out on the angry responses to simple questions. Honestly, it was just a simple status update - who cares why I or anyone else wanted to know. You guys have to stop going ape-sh*t on everyone who asks a question.

I think the real question is why even bother posting if it bothers you so much? This is FF and you either live with it or you do something else with your time. I mean, really, if it bothers you, Grits'n'Shins THAT much then why bother wasting your time with responses that don't answer the question. Just ignore it and move onto another thread. Really, this is what forums are for. These are not YOUR forums after all and if you don't like it go start your own FF site. That way, you can be as restrictive as you want on your forums.

I surely don't belive my response was angry or rude....my opinion on it may not coincide with yours on it but it surely wasn't nasty in nature and in no way was apesh1t on everyone

:wacko:

Because sometimes you do find things out during or just after the game, that's why.

correct but asking isn't going to get the info any faster...surely you have to believe that as soon as relevant info is available that it will be posted, on TV etc

correct but asking isn't going to get the info any faster...surely you have to believe that as soon as relevant info is available that it will be posted, on TV etc

Agreed. But often (as today) there are several threads where updates could be posted and countless outside sources. People were just asking if something had been announced because it's quite possible to miss it until it's too late. Also, I don't think you were being rude.

Agreed. But often (as today) there are several threads where updates could be posted and countless outside sources. People were just asking if something had been announced because it's quite possible to miss it until it's too late. Also, I don't think you were being rude.

fair enough but Tosberg quoted me and you :wacko: it and in his response i took it as he was referring to me too since he quoted me

Edited by keggerz

fair enough but Tosberg quoted me and you :wacko: it and in his response i took it as he was referring to me too since he quoted me

He specifically said that when he said "you" it didn't mean "you". I have no problem disagreeing with someone.

Keggerz - I didn't mean to imply you and I didn't think you were rude.

I guess my diatribe basically went off on anyone who today and in the past respond to posts by being rude. Today it was Grits'n'Shins but this could apply to anyone who acts like him when responding to posts that don't mean anything to them but may hold importance to others.