[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MJD

bdog1321

Those TDs aren't adding up to 15

Anyway, Adrian Peterson's YPC in the first 8 games last year was 4.81 and the dropped to 3.97 in the 2nd half. I guess he should have been avoided this year since the numbers show can't handle the load, similar to MJD?

it was a typo...should have been 4 instead of 2....and I shoulda known you would bring AP into this :wacko:

edit: as for AP he has shown he could handle the load and has done so in the past...maybe all of those touches are taking their toll on him...that is a distinct possibility...the difference between him and Jones-Drew is that MJD hasn't had to do so prior to last year...and his metrics took a severe hit once he exceeded his previous high carries in a year...and who knows maybe the carries are adding up faster on MJD than they do on a bigger back...and for the record I like MJD and wish more people played the game and had his type of passion for it too

Edited by keggerz

it was a typo...should have been 4 instead of 2....and I shoulda known you would bring AP into this :tup:

edit: as for AP he has shown he could handle the load and has done so in the past...maybe all of those touches are taking their toll on him...that is a distinct possibility...the difference between him and Jones-Drew is that MJD hasn't had to do so prior to last year...and his metrics took a severe hit once he exceeded his previous high carries in a year...and who knows maybe the carries are adding up faster on MJD than they do on a bigger back...and for the record I like MJD and wish more people played the game and had his type of passion for it too

:wacko:

I'll admit I am leery of MJD this year, and I don't really know why other than a gut feel.

• 1 month later...
MJD's last 4 games in PPR format from a BOTH league.

Dude just can't handle the load, writing was on the wall last year.

:tup:

now fwiw, he has held up better than I expected but prior to the last 3 weeks there were many questioning him...and the only 2 things I will point out is that he only has 4 rushing TDs and his YPC is down to 4.2...I think he is a fantastic talent...I just think that he would be that much more dangerous if they weren't running him into the ground..not to mention he would be fresher to close out the season too...and I am not going to cherry pick but I will point out that his YPC over the last 3 games is 5.0 (which means prior to week 8 it was just 3.8)....also fwiw he is on pace for 373 touches (334 rushing, 44 receptions...last year he had 365 touches (312/53)....and last year thru 11 weeks (10 games) he had 230 touches (194/36) and this year thru 10 games he has 233 touches(209/24)

Some numbers to just chew on.

2009 weeks 8-11 (4 games)

86 carries

463 yards

5.4 YPC

5 TDs

2009 weeks 12-17(6 games)

118 carries

465 yards

3.9 YPC

2 TDs

2010 weeks 7-11 (4 games)

90 carries

415 yards

4.6 YPC

3 TDs

2010 weeks 12-17 (6 games)

TBD

oh and bushwhacked nice :wacko: too :tup:

edit: and I do believe that I said MJD is a guy I would look to move mid-season or so this year....let me see if I can find the link.

edit2: I did admit that i was "wrong" about MJD last year "EDIT: and I probably should change my "do not draft" to a "draft and trade early type player"...no way I would want to ride him to the seasons end if he is going to have to approach or eclipse the 300 carry plateau"

Edited by keggerz

• 2 weeks later...