[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

B Jacobs' helmet

T-Scorp

So Brandon has a hissy fit and accidently on purpose flings his helmet and it lands in the crowd. They showed the attendant trying to get it back but did not show what happened.

In my opinion the fan that ends up with it should be allowed to keep it or at least get some SWAG in exchange. You get to keep stuff at baseball games that fly into the stands.

Edit to add Meant Jacobs not Jackson... whoops!!! :wacko:

Edited by T-Scorp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not IMO, the fan looked like a complete fool trying to hold on to it and should have just given it up without any hassle.

Disagree. He was a lot calmer than I would have been if some staffer was trying to take it. You throw something into the stands then it's the fan's property. It has always been that way.

Disagree. He was a lot calmer than I would have been if some staffer was trying to take it. You throw something into the stands then it's the fan's property. It has always been that way.

Guess I'm different than most, if somethings not mine and especially if they ask for it back I wouldn't keep it. Hopefully I don't drop something I own around you guys :wacko:

Guess I'm different than most, if somethings not mine and especially if they ask for it back I wouldn't keep it. Hopefully I don't drop something I own around you guys :wacko:

especially the soap

I know that I would have given it back but I sure would have liked to keep it. I guess I would have tried some quick negotiations on the spot but in the end I would have given it back.

I don't like how the security guy strong armed the helmet from his hands. I would be FLIPPING pissed at that point and no way would I have let that helmet go if they tried to strong arm it. If a player from the opposing team throws a helmet at me and needs it back to play...good luck. What are the "rules" for this in a typical stadium? I thought the crowd gets to keep the item and can enter negotiations to give it back but is not obligated to do so.

I don't like how the security guy strong armed the helmet from his hands. I would be FLIPPING pissed at that point and no way would I have let that helmet go if they tried to strong arm it.

Yep. It's not like this was a home run ball that means much more to the player than the fan. I'd give stuff like that back in a second. But this jack wad threw his helmet up there. Could have hurt someone. I have no desire for a Brandon Jacobs helmet but would want to keep it just so he couldn't have it back. Would probably give it to a kid or take it to the bathroom and dump in it.

They're not showing it in the media clips running on today's news, but last night they showed a security guard in yellow come up from the left and yank it from the fans hands.

Jacobs was an idiot for throwing it, regardless of where he intended to throw it. He personally should have signed the helmet and sought the fan out after the game to give it to him.

At baseball games, the player usually approaches the fan and says, "excuse me, I'd like my gamer back and if you give it to me I'll sign some stuff for you after the game." That's all he had to do.

Remember that when the next homeless guy picks up your keys when you drop them. "Sorry dude, finders/Keepers is the wayz I looks at it. But I'll sell em back to you for.... oh.... how much you pay for that Mustang?".

Remember that when the next homeless guy picks up your keys when you drop them. "Sorry dude, finders/Keepers is the wayz I looks at it. But I'll sell em back to you for.... oh.... how much you pay for that Mustang?".

There is a difference between dropping your keys and throwing them at him. If you throw your keys at a homeless person, and he doesn't want to give them back, that's your fault.

Edited by CaptainHook

At baseball games, the player usually approaches the fan and says, "excuse me, I'd like my gamer back and if you give it to me I'll sign some stuff for you after the game." That's all he had to do.

BTW, I think those helmets cost about $300 each. These aren't your typical helmets you can get at Play-It-Again Sports.

Edited by BearBroncos

Thought I read online that NFL securities is going to interview the fan today...

I probably would have given it back but would have asked for an autograph from Eli. :wacko:

Seems to me that the helmet is the property of the New York Football Giants.

I don't think that anything changed once the helmet crossed the plane of the railing.

So when players chuck a football into the 15th row, security has a right to come and yank it from the patron? Why is this different because it is 1) a helmet and 2) an "accident"?

Edited by CardinalEmpire.com