[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett, please retire!

Bronco Billy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett, the time has come for you to take of the shoulder pads for the last time and fire up the tractor for the rest of Fall. You used to be a QB who could lift crap like Antonio Freeman, Bill Schroeder, and Javon Walker to WR greatness. You were playful and brash, and even when you frustrated us, you took us to new level of inventiveness at QB. You are one of a kind.

Or were one of a kind. You had a great year last year, no question. But Father Time has caught up with you. You can still throw a rocket, but the mind and the arm just don't quite mesh like they used to. You can't turn guys like Greg Camarillo into superstar WRs any longer.

It is with this in mind that I beg you to retire. As much as I like seeing the Vikings lose early and often, it's painful to watch what is happening with you out on the field. Minnesota can lose just as many games with Tarvaris Jackson at QB as they can with you. By God, Brett, your QB rating after 2 weeks is worse than Trent Edwards, Jake Delhomme, and Shaun Hill.

It is with only admiration in my heart, despite your donning purple for over a full season now, that I beg you: Get out. Stop. End your career now before it gets too unbearably painful to watch - even when it is happening to the Vikes.

Good writeup, but sadly he's going to be around for a few more months. Each Sunday base game check is $1.03 million dollars.