[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cincy / Carolina game - Why Bengals only favored by 3?

FWmaker

Could it be because they suck?

dude. just because we have an inability to score touchdowns doesn't necessarily mean we suck.

:wacko:

ok, well maybe it does.

very happy to be 1-1 at this point. have to think we will take care of carolina and cleveland to go 3-1. cincy d is a nice play for the next 2 weeks.

Because it is what you call a Classic trap game....the public will be all over Cincy and this spread will jump to 5. Carolina will not only COVER but I fully expect them to win this game. This should be a pick em.

Cincy coming off a road win against division rivals and now go to Carolina to face an 0-2 Carolina team. Cincy's offense has been terrible and Carolina's defense has been solid.

I fully expect Carolina to run all over Ciny and beat them in this one....

Because it is what you call a Classic trap game....the public will be all over Cincy and this spread will jump to 5. Carolina will not only COVER but I fully expect them to win this game. This should be a pick em.

Cincy coming off a road win against division rivals and now go to Carolina to face an 0-2 Carolina team. Cincy's offense has been terrible and Carolina's defense has been solid.

Cincy was at Home against the Ravens. I will say this, if the Bengals can't manage to beat Carolina this week, starting a rookie QB, or Cle the following week, it's going to be a long season in the Nati.

I just think your nuts. Carolina has really been blown out both games this year. The D is okay, but they are on the field the entire game. Carolina has no receivers other than Smith so all the D has to do is put 8 at the line the entire game to stop the run. Carolina just doesn't have any weapons. If anything, this screams how bad Carolina is going to be this year. 5-6 wins tops unless Clausen turns out to be the next Marino.

I just think your nuts. Carolina has really been blown out both games this year. The D is okay, but they are on the field the entire game. Carolina has no receivers other than Smith so all the D has to do is put 8 at the line the entire game to stop the run. Carolina just doesn't have any weapons. If anything, this screams how bad Carolina is going to be this year. 5-6 wins tops unless Clausen turns out to be the next Marino.

I will keep my distance from betting this game....I love Carolina to cover this......Cincy has got good pass coverage, but their run defense has been poor....

And Claussen i think will make enough plays ot keep the bungles honest

There are times when two teams play in the NFL and the matchup is that one is simply very superior to the other. The outcome is overwhelmingly in favor of the superior team.

This is one of those cases. You have a CIN that is much better on paper than CAR, you have CIN looking for a laugher after a couple of tough games against very good opponents, and you have a CAR team starting a rookie and looking for any excuse to quit its HC after taking one in the shorts last week at home against a poor TB team.

This is a classic case of, "Don't out-think yourself". Sometimes the answer is easy. CIN is simply much, much better than CAR.

Edited by Bronco Billy

There are times when two teams play in the NFL and the matchup is that one is simply very superior to the other. The outcome is overwhelmingly in favor of the superior team.

This is one of those cases. You have a CIN that is much better on paper than CAR, you have CIN looking for a laugher after a couple of tough games against very good opponents, and you have a CAR team starting a rookie and looking for any excuse to quit its HC after taking one in the shorts last week at home against a poor TB team.

This is a classic case of, "Don't out-think yourself". Sometimes the answer is easy. CIN is simply much, much better than CAR.

There are also cases where a team comes off a big divisional win, go to play a "joke" of a team in an almost meaningless game in their building and just doesnt take the game seriously until it is to late....

Lets not act like the Benglas are the Patriots or Colts and some superstar team....Bengals are an 9-7/8-8 team playing a team that will win 4-6 games in Carolina....

Just saying to all before you blow your load on this one...dont get trapped.

There are also cases where a team comes off a big divisional win, go to play a "joke" of a team in an almost meaningless game in their building and just doesnt take the game seriously until it is to late....

Lets not act like the Benglas are the Patriots or Colts and some superstar team....Bengals are an 9-7/8-8 team playing a team that will win 4-6 games in Carolina....

Just saying to all before you blow your load on this one...dont get trapped.

I'd blow my load on IND -6 vs in DEN, actually.

Hey, if you want to think that, it's cool. We'll see how the game shakes out.