[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Donald Brown

Eddy

Donald Brown is not a must add IMO. A must add to me is someone who can come in and start and not someone who can get you 1 fantasy point. He should be added in deep league but I don't know about the must add. Addai looks pretty damn good this year too.

Edited by MrTed46

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

I don't know, in the leagues I participate in, he was drafted. So... if he's on your waiver wire, he's probably a good add candidate.

After a Week 1 stinker, he had 16 carries for 69 yards and a TD in Week 2.

What am I missing?

Donald Brown is not a must add IMO. A must add to me is someone who can come in and start and not someone who can get you 1 fantasy point. He should be added in deep league but I don't know about the must add. Addai looks pretty damn good this year too.

:wacko:

He had 15.8 points (typical ppr scoring) last week. #34 overall through 2 weeks. That appears to be a RB3 in most leagues.

:wacko:

He had 15.8 points (typical ppr scoring) last week. #34 overall through 2 weeks. That appears to be a RB3 in most leagues.

I wouldn't start him, maybe I'm wrong. He got 1 reception week 1, and that TD he got against the G-Men wasnt because they called him in, he subbed for Addai earlier and Manning does the hurry up offense because G-Men had so many Dbs in there instead of LBs, his TD was effortless thanks to Manning. I don't teams are going to do that approach again, the G-Men dropped the bomb and tried to expose Manning and were embarassed in return.

ETA: I wouldn't expect or rely on Donald Brown unless Addai gets hurt. Brown still doesn't pass protect like Addai and thats a BIG NO NO for Manning.

Edited by MrTed46

After barely getting any looks week 1, he made an appearance this week. In general, he looked good and stole a TD. Not great news for Addai owners.

However, I still don't think the Colts trust him in passing situations to protect Peyton. I've seen him whiff a block or miss a blitz pickup too many times over the past couple years. The Colts got a lead on the Giants and were able to slow it down a bit and run and little more than usual.

Not sure if he's in there if the game is tight and the situation is critical. But, the situation does bear watching...

I wouldn't start him, maybe I'm wrong. He got 1 reception week 1, and that TD he got against the G-Men wasnt because they called him in, he subbed for Addai earlier and Manning does the hurry up offense because G-Men had so many Dbs in there instead of LBs, his TD was effortless thanks to Manning. I don't teams are going to do that approach again, the G-Men dropped the bomb and tried to expose Manning and were embarassed in return.

ETA: I wouldn't expect or rely on Donald Brown unless Addai gets hurt. Brown still doesn't pass protect like Addai and thats a BIG NO NO for Manning.

No one said you had to start the guy every week. The article merely recommends picking him up based on short and long term value. :wacko:

No one said you had to start the guy every week. The article merely recommends picking him up based on short and long term value. :wacko:

I was just giving my opinion. To me a must add is someone who is going to improve your team immediately. Maybe, I see it differently than most, and most of my re-drafts only roster 15 players so it's tough to hold/start someone like Brown in my eyes.

I wouldn't say he's a no brainer add, and unless you're playing in an 8 team league (even at that) I don't know why he wouldn't already be on someone's roster.

It's just my opinion, but while this is Addai's contract year, I don't think the Colts are going to pan out the duckets to bring him back next season, IF there is a next season. As an Addai owner, I don't want to see it - but I think as the season progresses we're only going to see more and more of Donald Brown as he's the future starter in Indy.

I wouldn't say he's a no brainer add, and unless you're playing in an 8 team league (even at that) I don't know why he wouldn't already be on someone's roster.

It's just my opinion, but while this is Addai's contract year, I don't think the Colts are going to pan out the duckets to bring him back next season, IF there is a next season. As an Addai owner, I don't want to see it - but I think as the season progresses we're only going to see more and more of Donald Brown as he's the future starter in Indy.

Being as I have to ride out Addai this year, I certainly hope you are wrong. Brown runs better than Addai but Brown can't pass block for sh*t and until he can fix this, I think that Brown will be riding pine.

Bingo, that's the only reason I drafted him and only because it's a keeper league. Short term, unless Addai gets hurt, he's nothing more than bye week filler.