[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Faulk has a torn ACL

PPIchamp

I wonder if little Danny Woodhead finally gets a chance to play now. RBBC in NE is a FF RB death sentence.

Woodhead is a special teamer at best. I love this kid, I see him at Jets pre-season for a few years now (if I rememebr correctly). He plays hard and full of heart but he isn't a full time or even part-time RB IMO. I wonder if the Pats signed him to get some info on Jets, but that is irrelevant at this point. I hope I am wrong as I root for this kid.

Woodhead is a special teamer at best. I love this kid, I see him at Jets pre-season for a few years now (if I rememebr correctly). He plays hard and full of heart but he isn't a full time or even part-time RB IMO. I wonder if the Pats signed him to get some info on Jets, but that is irrelevant at this point. I hope I am wrong as I root for this kid.

I can see Woodhead having the potential to take Faulk's role in the NE offense. Thrid down RB. Can even play the slot. Against the Jets, NE had Edelman lined up in the backfield on a couple of 3rd downs. Woodhead goes down easy, but he is fast and shifty. I guess we'll find out.

Edited by Rovers

Huge, huge loss but I would expect Sammy Morris to step in as the 3rd down/passing back. He knows the system inside and out, so he's the logical choice. I like Woodhead as well but I can't imagine that the Pats brought him for anything more than Jets intel and special teams depth.

I'd like to see BJGE step up but I doubt he'll get the chance.

Faulk is a dinosaur. I love the guy, but I would imagine an ACL at his age is career ending.

Perhaps the Pats will be reaching up for Marshawn...

Doubt that Buffalo would trade Lynch within the division...!!

would like to see them go after Choice from Dallas, as I think he'd fit in nicely.....

Doubt that Buffalo would trade Lynch within the division...!!

would like to see them go after Choice from Dallas, as I think he'd fit in nicely.....

They have 3 RBs . . . I seriously doubt that they'll go after anyone substantial. Probably sign some depth but I doubt they'll be making any big acquisitions.

Choice would be great though . . .

So Fred Taylor gets an uptick until he gets hurt inevitably. Looks like the Law Firm and Sammy Morris are the backs to own long term. Still, who can take up 3 roster spots for Pats RBBC? Short term I think this makes Freddy T an okay RB2 as he will play on passing downs too a bit more.

Rovers, what happened? I thought he made the Jets squad. Did he get cut/moved to the practice squad?

He got cut to make room for someone. He was on the bubble from day 1 thought. He barely made the squad to begin with so it finally happened. This has been his career for 2-3 years now but no one but the Jets have signed him I believe. I think it was Belicheat to see what he has and to get intel.