[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keiland Williams

Balzac

Given Larry Johnson's release, do we think that Keiland could step up and take over in Washington in the short term? Portis hasn't exactly put a stranglehold on that job.

Given Larry Johnson's release, do we think that Keiland could step up and take over in Washington in the short term? Portis hasn't exactly put a stranglehold on that job.

Picked him up this morning in my 14 team league after reading that LJ was dropped to 3rd on the depth chart and now his release just makes Keiland even more attractive. Can't predict the future but one thing I do know is that mike shanahan coaches this team.

I've been tracking him since Torain was released.

It's not what he's done so much as what the organization (seems) to think of him. Torain was a pet of Shanny's and Parker & LJ were both acquired under Shanny's watch.

If the Kid outlasted Torain, LJ, and Parker then there must be something to him.

I tagged him as soon as I saw L.J.'s performance Sunday night and moved on him when LJ was released.

I'd still consider it a long shot at this point but if you've got the roster space, why not?

I just dropped Huggins for him, and I'm thinking of dropping SEA Williams on another team to get him. These are teams I'm weak at RB with (one is 0-2, one is 10th out of 12 - points league), he's just one Portis away from a starting job, not a bad place to be. He's 5-11, 230, good build for a starter, and I agree with Unbelievable's sentiment.

Edited by PPIchamp

I've been tracking him since Torain was released.

It's not what he's done so much as what the organization (seems) to think of him. Torain was a pet of Shanny's and Parker & LJ were both acquired under Shanny's watch.

If the Kid outlasted Torain, LJ, and Parker then there must be something to him.

I tagged him as soon as I saw L.J.'s performance Sunday night and moved on him when LJ was released.

I'd still consider it a long shot at this point but if you've got the roster space, why not?

I guess I just see available RBs that have a much clearer path to start and on much better teams than someone we have seen nothing from. With limited roster spots for bench depth, it is hard to make a move. If we heard from the team or maybe in a deep league...

I guess I just see available RBs that have a much clearer path to start and on much better teams than someone we have seen nothing from. With limited roster spots for bench depth, it is hard to make a move. If we heard from the team or maybe in a deep league...

Most leagues don't have quality RB's on waivers sir. This is a guy that could potentially be a starter in the next couple weeks so yes we are paying attention. Guys like Chester Taylor, Buckhalter, and Earnest Graham are all that's left and I'd rather take a flyer than get beat out by a waiver wire spot.

Most leagues don't have quality RB's on waivers sir. This is a guy that could potentially be a starter in the next couple weeks so yes we are paying attention. Guys like Chester Taylor, Buckhalter, and Earnest Graham are all that's left and I'd rather take a flyer than get beat out by a waiver wire spot.

Quality RBs, no. But usually there are several players available that have actually done something on the field. Knock yourself out. I was just looking for more information.

I guess the only roster spot that I was considering was dropping Hillis for him. I think this dude will stay on WW for awhile so right now I think I'm going to ride Hillis (as the Browns never seem to give Jerome H much of a shot) and wait and see if they start a time share in Washington.

He is worth a flyer if you are looking to catch lightning in a bottle, but don't expect him or rely on him. If you have roster space then you should pick up a player like this. If you do not have roster spot, then why would you, since that means you already have quality on your roster.

I don't know - seems like he's the clear cut backup to Portis right now, and probably the third down back as well. Not too many positions have a clearer line to fantasy production than being a pass-catching backup to Clinton Portis, who (i) is constantly banged up and (ii) appears to have very little left in the tank. While I still think Ryan Torain will be heard from at some point, Williams seems like a very good spec bet for value in the near future.

out of all my leagues (and I'm in 8 redrafts) he's only been pickd up in 1. And that's 32 Homers.

How deep are those leagues? In a 10 team league, I would assume there are better things to do with the roster space. In a 12 team, especially one where 2 RBs and a flex are played, I think he's likely to be one of the more attractive guys out there.

How deep are those leagues? In a 10 team league, I would assume there are better things to do with the roster space. In a 12 team, especially one where 2 RBs and a flex are played, I think he's likely to be one of the more attractive guys out there.

+1

I picked him up as a lottery ticket. Portis has not set the world on fire and I'm not confident he makes it through the season healthy.

I also think Shanny has an ego and the chance to turn another no-name back into a star has to be appealing to him. This one will be tougher since Portis was his guy back in Denver.

I'm not counting on him to start, but for the time being he's worth more to me now than Jabar Gaffney.

If you own Portis, and he is one of your starting RBs (yes, I do and he is..... Damm you Ryan Grant) then it's a no-brainer handcuff move. So that backup Kicker or TE.... bye-bye.

I'm also in the "He will be starting by the end of the year" camp.

If you own Portis, and he is one of your starting RBs (yes, I do and he is..... Damm you Ryan Grant) then it's a no-brainer handcuff move. So that backup Kicker or TE.... bye-bye.

I'm also in the "He will be starting by the end of the year" camp.

Bring out the Torain train again..... Time to bring him off the pratice squad and get him ready to back this kid up because Portis aint cutting it.

I picked him up as a lottery ticket. Portis has not set the world on fire and I'm not confident he makes it through the season healthy.

I also think Shanny has an ego and the chance to turn another no-name back into a star has to be appealing to him. This one will be tougher since Portis was his guy back in Denver.

I'm not counting on him to start, but for the time being he's worth more to me now than Jabar Gaffney.

Portis was his guy in Denver until they traded him and you know Shanny had a hugh impact on that decision. Shanny has shown more than once that he has no loyalty to anyone once he makes up his mind. And he has had a helluva track record for taking a guy we have never heard of and turning him into a stud, albeit most of them have ended up being one year wonders but hey that's fine by me.

I for one have jumped on the K-Will bandwagon by picking him up in both of my money leagues, although for me it is as a flyer for bye week production and/or injury fill in since I have 2 quality Starters in both leagues.

Portis seems to be off-balance...there have been some holes for him to hit and he's gotten to those spots, but little bumps (from offensive linemen or defenders) which he would have taken and kept going in previous years seem to be putting him on the turf this season.

He has not looked good at all. I would doubt that Keiland Williams is the answer, but if Washington keeps having success throwing the ball (which I find unlikely given they really only have two weapons that can be relied upon), then Williams might be a solid pick up.

WD