[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on the NYG WRs?

Company of Heroes

Manningham leading the way early as he did last year before fading. Does he stay strong or just murk things up for the other two?

Nicks 4 TDs so far, a fluke, or new legitimate number 1?

Smith. Not anywhere close to 2009 form. Bust, or attractive buy low?

This situation is tough to read here. I have Nicks and want to keep him, but at least need to consider a sell high.

Nicks is the WR to own and start when healthy. Manningham is also very good and will continue to be targeted regardless of Nicks' health, but will not be consistent enough to start on an every-week basis. He's a great bye week filler against favorable matchups or a what-the-hell flex.

Depends on the scoring system. Smith is leading Nicks in targets after 2 weeks, and still think Smith will be the guy putting up consistent points in PPR leagues, with Nicks having a couple of big games mixed with not so big games.

This was my thought, too. But in my restricted bench league (allowed only one WR on bench), Nicks is on the ww and I have smith. I'm fighting the powerful urge not to make the switch. :wacko:

This was my thought, too. But in my restricted bench league (allowed only one WR on bench), Nicks is on the ww and I have smith. I'm fighting the powerful urge not to make the switch. :wacko:

Such a tough call, but I think I'd pull the trigger. Too bad you can't trade Smith and a throw in for a solid RB/WR and THEN pick up Nicks.. I'm convinced that Nicks may not be as "consistent" as Smith, but the high risk/reward is worth it to me.

Such a tough call, but I think I'd pull the trigger. Too bad you can't trade Smith and a throw in for a solid RB/WR and THEN pick up Nicks.. I'm convinced that Nicks may not be as "consistent" as Smith, but the high risk/reward is worth it to me.

I'm sorry did you say something? I was busy looking at your avatar. :wacko:

I think if the Giants can't buy Eli a second in the pocket, none of this is going to matter. That's the single biggest factor in this entire question.

Actually, from what I saw, you could say there is a direct correlation between how much pressure Eli is under and how often he throws to Smith. Steve Smith is his outlet receiver almost every play. When the Giants play a team with a good pass rush, Smith seems like a better play. But if Eli has more time, I like Nicks to be the better play. Manningham is a total crapshoot. I also think the Giants are better than they looked against the Colts. Indy was angry coming off the Houston loss and played with a chip on their shoulder. Their O-line should usually be okay... not great, but not that bad.

Actually, from what I saw, you could say there is a direct correlation between how much pressure Eli is under and how often he throws to Smith. Steve Smith is his outlet receiver almost every play. When the Giants play a team with a good pass rush, Smith seems like a better play. But if Eli has more time, I like Nicks to be the better play. Manningham is a total crapshoot. I also think the Giants are better than they looked against the Colts. Indy was angry coming off the Houston loss and played with a chip on their shoulder. Their O-line should usually be okay... not great, but not that bad.

+1 and the only thing holding Nicks back is health. If healthy he is 1WR, but if he gets nagging injuries and is not close to 100% then he will be unplayable and Manningham will assume his role.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I was watching the game on Sunday and it appeared Nicks wasn't even a starter. I only saw him in on 3rd down situations. To the Giants homers out there, was this due to his ankle injury or is this typically the case? This has been the only Giants game I've seen this year, but I found it troubling. It made me think about selling high.

When the Giants play a team with a good pass rush, Smith seems like a better play. But if Eli has more time, I like Nicks to be the better play. Manningham is a total crapshoot.

I think that sums it up perfectly. That said, if I had Smith right now and a decent WR alternative, I'd be waffling big time over who to go with.

Edited by BeeR

Great insight, thanks for the input. I was able to grab Nicks cheaply in two leagues, and think he has a great future, depending on how the season goes. This is a great opinion to consider - depending on who the Giants are playing.

I have both Smith and Nicks in a 16-team PPR league and it's been hell trying to decide which one to play as my #2 WR. Smith should get plenty of catches and be more consistent, but Nicks has that big-play thing going for him and more red zone looks.

I think that sums it up perfectly. That said, if I had Smith right now and a decent WR alternative, I'd be waffling big time over who to go with.

Exactly my problem: Smith against what's been a stingy TEN secondary or Nate Washington who has put up respectable #s so far. Any suggestions?

I was watching the game on Sunday and it appeared Nicks wasn't even a starter. I only saw him in on 3rd down situations. To the Giants homers out there, was this due to his ankle injury or is this typically the case? This has been the only Giants game I've seen this year, but I found it troubling. It made me think about selling high.

Can someone shed light on this question? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...