[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Aaron Hernandez the Pat's starting TE now?

brg88tx

Yes and no. He may not be the TE on the field on the first play of each game but the Pats will likely be running out of 2 TE sets for most of the season - he'll get plenty of run and is their best receiving option at the position. Gronk is more of a goalline guy. I don't really know what Crumpler is these days but he clearly isn't being looked to to catch the ball much.

Hernandez is more of a WR than a TE in this offense, so he'll get more targets. Gronk will be on the field nearly all the snaps due to his blocking skills, but get less targets. Other than being the official "starter," I got no clue what Crumpler does for the Pats now that the rookies are looking good.

Split out wide, gets more targets, and a good sized mismatch in the open field = Hernandez

In on more offensive plays, so always a chance to get his number called, and a huge Red Zone threat = Gronk

Hernandez will have more yards and receptions, Gronk will have more TDs. Pick your poison.

Edited by Riffraff

• 2 weeks later...
alright aaron, i need some production out of you tonight. i have a 5 point lead....i have hernandez, but my opponent has ronnie brown.

I think he might have you...Hernandez is good, but I can see Miami limiting him and Welker/Moss really shining tonight...

I also predict Brown will throw a TD this week and total about just shy of 100 yds...

disclaimer: I do not own Brown in any league....I only own Moss in two...

Yes and no. He may not be the TE on the field on the first play of each game but the Pats will likely be running out of 2 TE sets for most of the season - he'll get plenty of run and is their best receiving option at the position. Gronk is more of a goalline guy. I don't really know what Crumpler is these days but he clearly isn't being looked to to catch the ball much.

Crumpler does this thing they call blocking. It tends to be pretty important in real football. :wacko: