[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post Deadline Vincent Jackson Thread

dsagen

I picked Vincent Jackson off the waiver wire as I assumed to have a big splash land him somewhere productive, and win a Shiva.

Now that it is past 4 pm, and Vincent Jackson is officially out for 6 weeks, what do you Huddlers think about this? I am still holding my head high in hopes that as the Official NFL Trade deadline nears, the Chargers can find a bidder.

I picked Vincent Jackson off the waiver wire as I assumed to have a big splash land him somewhere productive, and win a Shiva.

Now that it is past 4 pm, and Vincent Jackson is officially out for 6 weeks, what do you Huddlers think about this? I am still holding my head high in hopes that as the Official NFL Trade deadline nears, the Chargers can find a bidder.

You gotta be friggin kidding me? :wacko:

What's next? The official first thursday after deadline VJ thread? How many are enough?? Honestly! :tup:

and here it is (from rotoworld):

The Chargers were unable to trade Vincent Jackson by Wednesday's 4ET deadline for Jackson to escape the team's Roster Exempt list, meaning he is officially now ineligible to play before Week 7.

Jackson's agent, Jonathan Feinsod, had a great quote about Chargers GM A.J. Smith after the unproductive proceedings: "Archie Manning had it right. They call him The Lord of No Rings for a reason." Trade talks could be revisited closer to the October 19 NFL deadline, but the chances just went way down that V-Jax will play a snap in 2010. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Vikings did make "a last-ditch effort," but it fell on Smith's deaf ears. "It looks like (Jackson) could be sitting the entire season," added Schefter

I cannot see any reason why Smith would not take a second and conditional 2011 for VJax considering what other players have gone for in recent trades. What does Smith expect that he's going to do with Vjax? What more does he think that he can get for him now that he has the full suspention? Moving forward, what do you think other FA are going to do when they get offers from two equal teams and one of them is the Chargers?

Now... Vjax is being a tool about this - but lemons lemonade and crap.

You gotta be friggin kidding me? :tup:

What's next? The official first thursday after deadline VJ thread? How many are enough?? Honestly! :tup:

Whereas I agree that it was unnecessary to start a new thread on VJax, why fight it any more? Policing the boards and calling out anyone who starts a questionable thread doesn't seem to be working. I knew you'd be one of the first people to reply to this thread before I even opened it.

Is there a board etiquette thread somewhere that we can bump and pin? :wacko:

Vincent Jackson is a waste of a roster spot. He won't play AT ALL this season..

And even on a long shot that he does actually get traded, is he really going to make a splash for his new team?? He hasn't seen any football action for almost a year, who knows what kind of shape he's in, and outside of the QB position, the WR position has to be one of the most difficult to learn in a new offense.

I say cut your losses and pick up someone who's worthy of playing should you need him..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Whereas I agree that it was unnecessary to start a new thread on VJax, why fight it any more? Policing the boards and calling out anyone who starts a questionable thread doesn't seem to be working. I knew you'd be one of the first people to reply to this thread before I even opened it.

Is there a board etiquette thread somewhere that we can bump and pin? :wacko:

I guess I was hoping that we'd get to a point where there wasnt a whole new thread created each and every time some of these people have something to say. Clearly, it was wishful thinking. You're right...its a lost cause.

IIRC, there was a thread pinned at one time with some "rules" for posting. Its obviously gone now. Most likely, its gone because people would have actually had to read it prior to creating new threads and its obvious that there are a lot of people here who simply wont do that. I dont get the fascination with creating a new thread but evidently its there for many...

ETA: there is still a link to "Forum Rules - Read before posting" at the top left of the forum. It addresses some of this stuff but (like I said) I doubt many people have read it.

Edited by Delicious_bass

What a moran AJ is. Yes I'm bitter.

What a moron VJax himself is. Play the game. Honor your contract. You're on a potential championship team making insane money to play a game.

With that said, I do think AJ is hurting his own team right now. He's letting personal emotion and rage dominate here . . . and I honestly wish more owners would punish petulant players like this.

Now as a point of personal disclosure, I own VJax in one league and am trying to get him in another. Both are keeper/dynasty leagues. If VJax actually lands somewhere this year, he's still got to learn a playbook, find chemistry and his place on a team, etc. I think that makes it tough for him to put up anything VJax like.

I'm not convinced the Vikings this year would have catapulted VJax to numbers we're accustomed to seeing. I think Favre is done.

If you're in a redraft league, see if you can unload him to someone still dreaming about possibilities.

Fact is, there are two morons locked in a battle of wills. That's a fight I (as a redraft FF owner) would prefer to sit out.

Jackson's agent, Jonathan Feinsod, had a great quote about Chargers GM A.J. Smith after the unproductive proceedings: "Archie Manning had it right. They call him The Lord of No Rings for a reason."

Absolutely freakin' hilarious! :tup::tup::lol::lol::lol:

Pass on Ben Roethlisberger and he wins 2 Super Bowls.

Draft Eli Manning and trade him and he wins a Super Bowl.

Draft Drew Brees and let him go as a free agent. And he wins a Super Bowl.

At least they got Phillip Rivers. :wacko:

What a moron VJax himself is. Play the game. Honor your contract.

I did not think VJ was under contract. I thought he had played out his contract and was a restricted free agent. The chargers, I thought made a tender offer and VJ refused to sign the tender. If VJ's contract had expired you could say he was stupid for not signing the 1 year tender but he clearly wanted a long term deal and the security that it provided. I'm just going from memory so if I'm wrong about VJ's contract status and the tender I apologize.

Absolutely freakin' hilarious! :tup::tup::lol::lol::lol:

Pass on Ben Roethlisberger and he wins 2 Super Bowls.

Draft Eli Manning and trade him and he wins a Super Bowl.

Draft Drew Brees and let him go as a free agent. And he wins a Super Bowl.

At least they got Phillip Rivers.Nate Kaeding and his 3 separate play-off game misses :wacko:

Fixed