[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

B. Wells week 3

joheshy55

Probably have to wait a few more days to be sure, however...

Rotoworld

Beanie practices, says he's ready to play.

Beanie Wells (knee) returned to Cardinals practice Wednesday, and declared himself "ready" to play Sunday against Oakland.

Assuming Wells has no setbacks through the week, Tim Hightower's stint as Arizona's feature back is over. It's been suggested that the Cards always had Week 3 targeted for Wells to make his 2010 debut, and a full practice week would confirm it. Keep an eye on Wells until Friday, but he appears to be ready to play, and would make for a fine RB2 start in the tasty matchup.

Even if he plays, does he figure to get half the carries? I could use that matchup this week, but I'm afraid he's going to get 6 carries to Hightowers' 17. Probably going to have to hold off on him this week, but I just know that if I do, he gets 15 carries and a couple TD's.

I f*cking hate Beanie Wells so much, I can't even put it into words. At this point I don't care if he ever plays another down in the NFL. He could go on IR for all I care. I can't believe I drafted him, it pisses me off almost as much as taking Benson two rounds earlier. They can both go straight to hell.

Lets give the kid a chance, shall we. We never got to see allot of his full potential last year because of Werner and then early this year with the knee but I think he's in a PERFECT situation with Werner gone and Anderson at the helm. Beanie will be fine and get some great numbers. Might take a week or 2 to get really rolling.

I f*cking hate Beanie Wells so much, I can't even put it into words. At this point I don't care if he ever plays another down in the NFL. He could go on IR for all I care. I can't believe I drafted him, it pisses me off almost as much as taking Benson two rounds earlier. They can both go straight to hell.

:wacko: I have Hightower on a couple of rosters, so....yeah!

:wacko:

:wacko:

THIS is why I come to these boards. :tup:

A-ha!

Whisenhunt comes clean:

http://twitter.com/Cardschatter

Whisenhunt said RB Beanie Wells had minor scope surgery on knee after Sept. 2 injury. Had same in college and played a week later.

3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

No mention to what the surgery is though.. Hmm, I was almost inclined to start Wells this week just because the match up is just to good not to, but surgery is a different story. Actually, this is good news for me in that Hightower should be solid again this week.

No mention to what the surgery is though.. Hmm, I was almost inclined to start Wells this week just because the match up is just to good not to, but surgery is a different story. Actually, this is good news for me in that Hightower should be solid again this week.

How does that story make Hightower solid this week? Seems like Wlls is going to play - noone knows how much, but it's got to eat into Hightower's touches. I'd like to start Hightower myself, but it's pretty hard to feel comfortable about it. I think I read somewhere that Wells had the same surgery in college and played one week later, must be a very minor procedure as surgeries go.

How does that story make Hightower solid this week? Seems like Wlls is going to play - noone knows how much, but it's got to eat into Hightower's touches. I'd like to start Hightower myself, but it's pretty hard to feel comfortable about it. I think I read somewhere that Wells had the same surgery in college and played one week later, must be a very minor procedure as surgeries go.

Because they need to ease Wells in. They won't be forcing him into a large roll and Hightower should be the go to for at least this week. BTW, the surgery appears to have been done on the 2nd and there was swelling all the way into last week. I don't know if they are going to rush damaging Wells when Oakland is near last against the rush. Hightower should be able to hold his own.

"It wasn't like a normal procedure where you're down X amount of weeks," Whisenhunt said. "It was a day-to-day thing. It was definitely something that we wanted to check out, but it wasn't ever anything that we thought was serious or that we thought would keep him from playing on a week-to-week basis." Whisenhunt said earlier this week that Wells would be brought along slowly, so don't expect a huge contribution from him against the Raiders, who have allowed running backs to total 250 rushing yards and three touchdowns on the ground this season.

cbs

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

"It wasn't like a normal procedure where you're down X amount of weeks," Whisenhunt said. "It was a day-to-day thing. It was definitely something that we wanted to check out, but it wasn't ever anything that we thought was serious or that we thought would keep him from playing on a week-to-week basis." Whisenhunt said earlier this week that Wells would be brought along slowly, so don't expect a huge contribution from him against the Raiders, who have allowed running backs to total 250 rushing yards and three touchdowns on the ground this season.

cbs

I don't think Wells will need close to 25 touches to be worth a start against those jokers. I actually think Wells and Hightower are worthy of starts this week.

I had a torn meniscus and had my knee drained the day before we left for Disney for 7 days. I must be tougher than Bennie. or maybe it was the vicodin Bart Favre left at my house. Shoot 'em up Bennie, I need ya this week. :wacko:

Were there 300+ lbs Disney characters attempting to tackle you at every attempt?