[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sidney Rice

purplehays

How many are holding him with hopes of solid production for the second half of the season? Roster spots are precious...

I have him in two leagues that allow IR slots. Had I not had IR slots, I wouldn't waste a spot on him. He is targeting week 8 to return but will take him at least 2 weeks to be in football shape (IMO). You are talking about dead weight for a LONG time. Also factor in the Vikings are 0-2 and if the losing streak continues, who knows how fast they want Rice to come back.

Edited by MrTed46

How many are holding him with hopes of solid production for the second half of the season? Roster spots are precious...

His upside is better than perhaps any other waiver wire candidate. I have stashed him in one league, and plan to in another. Luckily, the rest of my rosters are set so I can take the gamble.

I have him in two leagues that allow IR slots. Had I not had IR slots, I wouldn't waste a spot on him. He is targeting week 8 to return but will take him at least 2 weeks to be in football shape (IMO). You are talking about dead weight for a LONG time. Also factor in the Vikings are 0-2 and if the losing streak continues, who knows how fast they want Rice to come back.

this could prompt him to try and come back a bit early only to make matters worse....

he shouldn't come back until week 10 after maybe 2 weeks of full practice....

I have him in two leagues that allow IR slots. Had I not had IR slots, I wouldn't waste a spot on him. He is targeting week 8 to return but will take him at least 2 weeks to be in football shape (IMO).

I think you are missing one part of the equation though. It's supposed to take 8 weeks to recover from this surgery. He had the surgery two weeks before the regular season began. So 8 weeks would put him at week 6. His target date to return to playing in a game is two weeks later, week 8 as you stated. I believe they have 2 weeks of practice time to get back into football shape already built in to his projected return date.

Also, Min has a wk4 bye, so no chance of missing another game in wk9 or 10 had their bye been later.

I'm holding him in one league where my roster is pretty stacked. He's not available in any of the three money leagues I'm in. If you have room, pick him up.

Also, Min has a wk4 bye, so no chance of missing another game in wk9 or 10 had their bye been later.

I'm holding him in one league where my roster is pretty stacked. He's not available in any of the three money leagues I'm in. If you have room, pick him up.

Excellent point with the bye week. He may come back before bye weeks are doen and you don't have to worry about it.