[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Sooner

Was listening to "Caroline" Cowherd this morning and he brought up John gruden would be a great fit for the San Francisco 49ers. And I started thinking about this. Wouldn't Chucky be perfect here in Dallas. He is going to want 5 mil a year, but we get rid of Phillips and Garrett and shed 6 mil right there.

Why this will never happen is because Chucky has a big personality, and he would get all the credit for turning this season around and Jerrah couldnt stand that. But Gruden took Tampa to the SB win, with Brad Johnson and Keyshawn Johnson late in his career. He always seems to be trying to experiment with scrub QBs. Can you imagine what he could do with Romo and this offense personel.

Can you imagine that Chucky look given to Roy Williams when he drops a pass, or an OL for holding on a big play. This kind of guy would fire up Witten even more than we saw when he wasnt allowed to go back into last weeks game because of a concussion. Romo isnt a rah rah guy and probably never will be, so we need our coach to be a leader and spark plug. Not a patsie like Wade Phillips. There couldnt be a worse fit for this team with no real leaders on the field than having a passive coach who looks like aw shucks when a penalty wipes out a winning TD. I want to see someone here like John Harbough who tore into an official when a bad call is made, someone who can fire up Romo.

The Dallas D is over rated, so much talent, yet undisciplined. Phillips isnt the answer, this defense would be better with someone the players feared if they missed an assignment. It seems its always we will do better next week crap when we lose.

I want to see a coach who will keep these players accountable. I do not want to see a conservative coach like Bill Cowher here, because he wont let an OC use these weapons the way Gruden will. Cowher will also cost more money, and doesnt fix the offense. Gruden does, and we can get a young up and coming DC to run the defense, with Gruden overseeing the whole show.

Pipe Dream maybe, but I think Chucky would be a great fit in Dallas, but he would take too much credit away from Jerry Jones, so it probably wont happen.

Edited by Dallas Sooner

Jerry is like Al Davis......you have to be a "yes" man to keep your job. Gruden wouldn't work under those conditions.

Oh really, where did Gruden get his first shot at a head coaching job. Al Davis Oakland Raiders.

And he hasnt been offered a job in years. Its not like he has options waiting on him. He would take the Buffalo job if it was offered to him, let alone here.

I do not think this will happen, because of Jerry. But I do not feel Gruden would turn down another shot to coach in the NFL, especially on a stage as big as Dallas. Now Cowher would probably turn Dallas down, and IMO wants the Carolina job and may get it this offseason.

Oh really, where did Gruden get his first shot at a head coaching job. Al Davis Oakland Raiders.

And he hasnt been offered a job in years. Its not like he has options waiting on him. He would take the Buffalo job if it was offered to him, let alone here.

I do not think this will happen, because of Jerry. But I do not feel Gruden would turn down another shot to coach in the NFL, especially on a stage as big as Dallas. Now Cowher would probably turn Dallas down, and IMO wants the Carolina job and may get it this offseason.

[/quote

Good point. I stand humbled.

And when Sean Payton was offerred the Raiders head coaching job, he asked Gruden what he thought he should do.

Gruden told him not to take the job because of what it was like working with Davis. In fact, Sean also polled former Raider HC Bill Callahan, his mentor Bill Parcells, and John Fox. They all told him not to take the job.

That makes me think Gruden doesn't want to go down that road again with a similar owner in Jerry.

Edited by myhousekey

Nobody was calling for Wade's job when they pitched back to back shut outs last year. Or when they averaged 28 points a game. Yet we are two weeks into the season and people want somebody else.

Sometimes it's hard to be a Cowboys fan with so many fickle fans. I mean come on guys, Wade has done a fine job. Why does everyone think they have to have a coach that yells and screams in order to win. It took how many years for Cowher to win a Championship?

It took how many years for Dungy to do it. In TB they called for his head and then went to Indy and Won the big one. He was called soft also until he won in Indy.

Let's see how the season plays out before we go tanking in the season after week two fellas.

Nobody was calling for Wade's job when they pitched back to back shut outs last year. Or when they averaged 28 points a game. Yet we are two weeks into the season and people want somebody else.

Sometimes it's hard to be a Cowboys fan with so many fickle fans. I mean come on guys, Wade has done a fine job. Why does everyone think they have to have a coach that yells and screams in order to win. It took how many years for Cowher to win a Championship?

It took how many years for Dungy to do it. In TB they called for his head and then went to Indy and Won the big one. He was called soft also until he won in Indy.

Let's see how the season plays out before we go tanking in the season after week two fellas.

Fickle fans, :wacko:

We have had a super calibur team the last 3 years.

3 years ago, dallas was 13-3 and sh*t the bed at home in their first playoff game.

the next yr with expectations through the roof, we get our ass handed to us in Philadelphia and miss the playoffs entirely.

last year the boys get on a roll after beating New Orleans and win the division, beat a division opponent they completely owned last year and you think that is enough.

Sorry, Im sick of getting close. This team has talent everywhere, and there is no focus, direction, accountability, and stupid things consistently cause them to lose games they shouldnt. call me a fickle fan all day long, I want Wade gone. Wanted him gone after the Philly lose 2 seasons ago, as well as this past offseason when they get spanked in Minnesota. Dungy has the respect of his team, and no one ever considered him soft. His teams didnt beat themselves, and Gruden comes in the year Dungy was fired and wins a Superbowl with Dungys team.

Cowher won playoff games consistently and Wade has won exactly 1 ever. Cowher also got more outta less with the offense he had in the past. Wade doesnt have that excuse. Ive never heard Wade won with less talent yet.

silence!! It's too much fun watching Cowboys fans these past two weeks, you must not bring peace amongst them!

3 years ago, dallas was 13-3 and sh*t the bed at home in their first playoff game.

the next yr with expectations through the roof, we get our ass handed to us in Philadelphia and miss the playoffs entirely.

last year the boys get on a roll after beating New Orleans and win the division, beat a division opponent they completely owned last year and you think that is enough.

off subject here, but I attended that game 4 months prego & it was the weirdest/funniest thing I've even expereinced. First, I sat on the NYG side, mosied my way past a dude in dark sunglasses wasted out of his mind--2 of his friends were propping him up, just like Weekend at Bernies! Then he proceeded to puke everywhere in the aisle, me being prego, fans in the row behind had to hoist me over the seats for my very frequent bathroom breaks. Then I saw a dude in a Jeff Feagles jersey with high waisted khaki pants that come up to his armpits. lol! I digress......

but the Cowboys dont look too bad statistically so far, 4th overall offense, o-line 2nd best so far, yet 28th rushing....10th overall defense and just 7 penalties there. So some bright spots for sure, we'll turn it around & never look back. I have faith in my Boyz:)

We have had a super calibur team the last 3 years.

Sorry, Im sick of getting close. This team has talent everywhere, and there is no focus, direction, accountability, and stupid things consistently cause them to lose games they shouldnt. call me a fickle fan all day long, I want Wade gone. Wanted him gone after the Philly lose 2 seasons ago, as well as this past offseason when they get spanked in Minnesota. Dungy has the respect of his team, and no one ever considered him soft. His teams didnt beat themselves, and Gruden comes in the year Dungy was fired and wins a Superbowl with Dungys team.

Cowher won playoff games consistently and Wade has won exactly 1 ever. Cowher also got more outta less with the offense he had in the past. Wade doesnt have that excuse. Ive never heard Wade won with less talent yet.

Oh but wasnt that sweet :tup:

off subject here, but I attended that game 4 months prego & it was the weirdest/funniest thing I've even expereinced. First, I sat on the NYG side, mosied my way past a dude in dark sunglasses wasted out of his mind--2 of his friends were propping him up, just like Weekend at Bernies! Then he proceeded to puke everywhere in the aisle, me being prego, fans in the row behind had to hoist me over the seats for my very frequent bathroom breaks. Then I saw a dude in a Jeff Feagles jersey with high waisted khaki pants that come up to his armpits. lol! I digress......

but the Cowboys dont look too bad statistically so far, 4th overall offense, o-line 2nd best so far, yet 28th rushing....10th overall defense and just 7 penalties there. So some bright spots for sure, we'll turn it around & never look back. :wacko: I have faith in my Boyz:)

Yeah Scooh, Yeah. Knew I could count on you to keep a level head. Hope it rubs off on some of our fellow worry warts.