[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PT down .... not good looking

theeohiostate

Saints notes including a little more info on PT from today:

jeffduncantp:

#Saints QB Drew Brees is NOT on the injury report. He's got soreness in his left knee. He's wearing a brace. Payton: "He functioned fine."

#Saints injury report: P.Thomas (ankle), R.Harper (hamstring), A.Waters (ham), R.Bush (leg), did not practice. U.Young (quad), limited

Payton said bringing up DeShawn Wynn from the practice squad "is an option." He wants to see how Pierre Thomas progresses

Payton said John Carney had a great workout on Tuesday. "He was real consistent," Payton said

Official_Saints:

Payton on what he saw in Carney's workout "He was consistent. He didn't miss a kick."

Edited by myhousekey

Is Betts worth an add? He sounds pretty used up but one of my teams is in really bad shape with regard to running backs. It is a very deep league and there is no one else left on the waiver wire...

Edited by Gdawg

Is Betts worth an add? He sounds pretty used up but one of my teams is in really bad shape with regard to running backs. It is a very deep league and there is no one else left on the waiver wire...

I have the exact same question, I already have Ivory on my team, but am concerned that betts will get most of the work if PT doesnt play.

I have the exact same question, I already have Ivory on my team, but am concerned that betts will get most of the work if PT doesnt play.

Don't worry your little head about Betts. Granted, NO paid him $800,000 to basically sit on their bench, but Ivory will get the carries if PT is out. I actually really like Ivory and think he could be a solid starter if he had the opportuntiy. Don't let last week discourage you. He was coming off a pretty serious injury. Ivory will run all day, especially if Brees doesn't play or even if he does. They will need to keep the pressure off of him so not to make the existing inury worse.

Don't worry your little head about Betts. Granted, NO paid him $800,000 to basically sit on their bench, but Ivory will get the carries if PT is out. I actually really like Ivory and think he could be a solid starter if he had the opportuntiy. Don't let last week discourage you. He was coming off a pretty serious injury. Ivory will run all day, especially if Brees doesn't play or even if he does. They will need to keep the pressure off of him so not to make the existing inury worse.

I thought I read Betts was getting most of the first string reps in practice.

That seems the case....

According to Brian Allee-Walsh of NewOrleans.com, Ladell Betts would handle feature back duties if Pierre Thomas (ankle) is kept out of Sunday's game against the Panthers.

Pass protection remains a major issue for rookie Chris Ivory, so the coaching staff would likely keep him in a niche role as a short-yardage back. Betts is taking the bulk of the first-team snaps this week, though coach Sean Payton is still hopeful that Thomas will return to practice on Friday.

Edited by theeohiostate

From a Times Picayune chat going on right now on Nola.com

James Varney, TP: OK, Pierre Thomas was at practice but his status is unclear until Sean Payton discusses it later today. Obviously the fact he was even on the field, which he has not been the last couple of days, would indicate there is a chance he will play Sunday. But you've got to think it's still iffy, and even if he is on the active roster he can't possibly be close to 100 percent and thus the Saints will have to tweak their game plan to reflect that. Whether that means more carries for Ivory, more carries for Betts, or an on-field role for a DeShawn Wynne called up from the practice squad remains to be seen.

ETA: Not a PT note but an added Saints note. WR Adrian Arrington, who was cut to make room for Carney, cleared waivers and was resigned to the practice squad. It looks like WR Montez Billings was released from the PS to make room.

WWL.com Reporting

Coach Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints today said running back Pierre Thomas (ankle) and safety Roman Harper (hamstring) were limited in practice and will be questionable for Sunday's home game versus the Carolina Panthers

Edited by myhousekey

I wish someone actually knew what was going on with his ankle. If he isn't 100% is he gonna be worth playing. I use him as a rb but could start Santana Moss in his place. This whole situation is driving me nuts! Welcome to Fantasy Football I guess.

We know what's going on with his ankle. He injured it, luckily it wasnt a break or a high ankle sprain. Seems like he tweaked it and they kept him out of practice so it can heal. They may keep him out this week so it can rest, we will not know until Sunday morning/afternoon. That will not change.