[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I the only one who questons NO for kicking on 1st down?

giantsfan

You have Brees carving them up. It is 1st down. Why not run another 2 plays. Maybe 1 more pass and 1 more run. I get the fact that you can say what about a TO. I get the fact that you can say that is like a 95% kick. I get the fact that you can say bottom line is Hartley has to make the kick. BUT I just don't understand why you kick on 1st. I would have run once and had Brees pass once. Then kick on 3rd in case of a bad snap.

I just don't see the upside of kicking on 1st down. YES it is a bit nit picky, but again what is the upside of kicking on 1st? Are you SO scared of a TO in that spot?

All these teams play for FG's in OT, and I never get it. Especially after rolling down the field and it was FIRST down.

My take is you have 1 of the 3 or 4 best players in the league, you are carving them up, why not give Brees a shot to throw a TD there and not have to get caught up in a young kicker making a game winning FG.

Again you can say nit picky, but to me I'm just not sure I see the upside of kicking on 1st OR the downside to be so scared to run two more plays.

At any rate, it makes the NFC South a race now. If NO won that division might have been done already.

If you run the ball you run the improbable chance of fumbling the ball.. it's improbable but it could happen. He was close enough that it should have been an easy field goal for Hartley. I think they did the right thing on kicking...

+1

I too think it was the right call. Possibility of a Center/QB fumble or a RB handoff fumble. I mean it was what, a 25 or 27 yarder?? SHOULD have been money in the bank...

VERY happy to see Atlanta win though. IMO, they're the better team

Edited by Shorttynaz