[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owen Daniels

joeyb7

With so much talent at TE this year, and a good portion of it on the wire on any given week, how long should owners wait on him rather than picking up the latest breakout players? With A. Hernandez, M. Lewis, etc. etc. available in some formats, is O. Daniel's worth stashing for later on this season? I'll admit that I drafted him too early and thought that I'd wait for him to work back into the offense, but with every passing week I'm getting closer to cutting him.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

He was STUPID productive last year and very good the year before that.

My tactic with Daniels is that I'm going to sit on him and if he doesn't have a breakout game by week 8, then I'll look at other options. My non-homer guess is he should be back to full speed by then.

how you draft an Owen Daniels that you know will be limited at the start of the season due to a major injury and not be able to have the patience for him to not only get to 100% but to be taken off of a snap count boggles my mind

fwiw, I am a Daniels owner that is in it for the long haul.

how you draft an Owen Daniels that you know will be limited at the start of the season due to a major injury and not be able to have the patience for him to not only get to 100% but to be taken off of a snap count boggles my mind

fwiw, I am a Daniels owner that is in it for the long haul.

I hear your argument, but unless you have a crystal ball you'd never know who the breakout players are at the start of each season. He could end up being a liability if it means that holding on to him prevents you from picking up a player that could produce even more over the course of the season.

That being said, I'll probably hold onto him for a few more weeks....I know that it's almost certain that another owner will snap him up right away if I drop him.

I hear your argument, but unless you have a crystal ball you'd never know who the breakout players are at the start of each season. He could end up being a liability if it means that holding on to him prevents you from picking up a player that could produce even more over the course of the season.

That being said, I'll probably hold onto him for a few more weeks....I know that it's almost certain that another owner will snap him up right away if I drop him.

You don't need a crystal ball to know that it takes time to recover from a major knee injury

He is coming off a significant injury He is on an offense that has improved and has a lot more options. I'm not sure he'll have the kind of numbers he had last year again.

And runs the ball more. Kevin Walter and Jones look better too.

There is a lot of talent at TE this year?