[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Johnson

ThatDude

I think you have to. Every stud is going to have their bad week(s) and right now, CJ is getting the bulk of all the coverage. The TE's are running a muck on defenses though so I think some teams are going to have to break man coverage and go to a more zone coverage. That should allow some more productivity out of Calvin. He'll get going.

And more so with the Best injury! Calvin is a must start until we know how well Smith picks up the slack, if at all.

Calvin Johnson is not a stud, nor has he ever been one.

Right now, he's probably somewhere around #24 in WR scoring in your league.

Is he a "must start?" If you start 2 WRs, no. If you can start 3 or more, then most likely yes.

:wacko:

Here is my take.

First off he should have TD's in 2 of the 3 games played so far. And yesterday he did have 6 for 56. So while I will not say he is a top 5 stud, clearly he is still a top 10ish WR (current standing or not).

What is funny to me is it seems Hill doesn't really look for CJ until late in the games when he REALLY needs to get things moving. Like he gets 1 catch and not a lot of looks until mid 4th Q and then he gets 8 looks from there forward.

If he gave him the looks from start to finish the guy would produce more.

But to me the bottom line is the guy scores TD's. Should have 1 in each of the first 2 games.

Calvin Johnson is not a stud, nor has he ever been one.

Right now, he's probably somewhere around #24 in WR scoring in your league.

Is he a "must start?" If you start 2 WRs, no. If you can start 3 or more, then most likely yes.

:wacko:

Yep, for the most part he has driven his owners crazy since he came into the league. He has the mouth-watering tools but has never had the consistency to go along with it. Must start? I don't think he has reached that peak, let alone come back down from it.