[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jahvid Best, Injured?

ABearWithFurniture

Not looking good for Best , these injuries last all season.

Jahvid Best may have sprained toe ligaments

Jahvid Best - RB - DET - Sep. 26 - 11:54 p.m. ET

Jahvid Best is reportedly concerned that he has sprained ligaments in his right big toe.

Best could put no weight on his foot after Sunday's loss. The Lions don't comment publicly on injuries, so it'll be hard to get any timetables out of GM Martin Mayhew and coach Jim Schwartz. Nothing has been confirmed, but sprained ligaments in the toe sound like a turf-toe sort of problem. The Lions visit Green Bay in Week 4. We wouldn't count on Best playing.

Handcuffed him already! Knew this was inevitble with his injury past and the way they were using him. Not, Smith might not be a bad pickup off the waivers for a flex spot.

Is Smith for sure the guy who would get the carries?

I don't believe there is a handcuff worth using here... Morris is ineffective and K.Smith does not appear recovered from massive knee surgery. I'd steer clear and wait for that toe to heal.

This is what I was afraid of. I looked at Smith's 2010 stats, and they were all zeros.

This is what I was afraid of. I looked at Smith's 2010 stats, and they were all zeros.

Smith seems to think he's ready to go but Roto has MM the starting back. Morris wasn't effective when Smith first injured his knee and granted Smith wasn't as effective, he was also running behind a much weaker line. He wasn't a great back but he also wasn't a horrid back considering what he had to ren behind.

He will have a better passing game, better support on the O-line and a better group of blocking TE's.

BTW, I'm not saying that Smith would be as effective as Best, but I surely would think he would be as effective if not much more than he was in 08 and 09 before his injury.

2010-09-27 13:33:17

Detroit Lions RB Jahvid Best (toe) is considered day-to-day with a toe injury, reports Jason La Canfora, of NFL Network. The toe injury is not considered serious. He hopes to be able to play in Week 4.

Fantasy Impact: This is good news. We'll keep you posted on his status for the coming week. He seems to have a real chance to play.

Source: KFFL.com

Report: Best has Grade 2 turf toe, day to day

Jahvid Best - RB - DET - Sep. 27 - 2:33 p.m. ET

Updating a previous item, Jahvid Best has reportedly been diagnosed with a Grade 2 case of turf toe.

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms an NFL Network report that Best is "day to day." According to Schefter, Best plans to play at Green Bay in Week 4, "unless pain is unbearable." Though the injury isn't expected to be long term, turf toe has a tendency to linger and can be aggravated. Owners will want to keep close tabs on Best's practice reports before using him as an RB1/2.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I give up......

Grant

Mathews

Best

Portis (let's face it, it's going to happen)

AJ (wounded)

CJ (without Safford he's half the WR)

Man, that's tough. I'm looking at Best, Rice and AJ all banged up and wondering if I can fill all the slots I may need next week.

Report: Best has Grade 2 turf toe, day to day

Jahvid Best - RB - DET - Sep. 27 - 2:33 p.m. ET

Updating a previous item, Jahvid Best has reportedly been diagnosed with a Grade 2 case of turf toe.

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms an NFL Network report that Best is "day to day." According to Schefter, Best plans to play at Green Bay in Week 4, "unless pain is unbearable." Though the injury isn't expected to be long term, turf toe has a tendency to linger and can be aggravated. Owners will want to keep close tabs on Best's practice reports before using him as an RB1/2.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I understand your pain..........

Looking beyond the aspect of fantasy football, if everyone else in the world can see that sitting out the next game is the best move for the season's future of this team, why can't the player and especially the coaches see it? Why rush him back? Do they REALLY think they have a chance this game (or even this season)? Why not play to win more games later than risk further injury in a matchup that is not in your favor in the near future?

Looking beyond the aspect of fantasy football, if everyone else in the world can see that sitting out the next game is the best move for the season's future of this team, why can't the player and especially the coaches see it? Why rush him back? Do they REALLY think they have a chance this game (or even this season)? Why not play to win more games later than risk further injury in a matchup that is not in your favor in the near future?

The coaches are doing their job. This is exactly what they should be doing so that the team they play this week doesn't know how to prepare. Do they prepare for Best or Morris or Smith or will Best play a portion and then mix in the other two.

They can't tip their hand until the league forces them too. Every team does it and it deosn't mean jack for if Best will play or not. It all just talk at the moment.