[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles Homers - Question

WaterMan

IDK

he is throwing the ball better than McNabb ever did. It's like McNabb would throw the ball somewhere near the reciever usually two inches off the ground and 100 mph at that.

Vick, I swear is throwing with ease and touch like Brady or someone of that quality. it doesn't even look like he is throwing hard just flick it like a warm-up pass, sometimes he is throwing off his back foot and the ball still goes 40+ yards and it's on target right in the recievers hands in stride. I have never expected to see this.

I know it's against the Lions and the Jags two teams that have not won a game. But still he looks like the MVP of the league so far.

My question is why did it take an injury to Kolb for the Eagles to see that he was in such a great form?

Plus he's clearly the best running QB in the league at this time (or ever) and I grew up watching Cunningham so I know what I am talking about. Vick is better than Cunningham or McNabb both running and throwing (at least in these 2.5 games).

Edited by rai

When you got the guy you just stole his job from cheering you on, then you know you kicking some serious booty!

good bye Kevin Kolb we hardly knew you.

Kolb has as much chance of winning back the franchise QB job as Bledso or Leinerd did. At least he's a good team mate.

Edited by rai

Maybe with Vick's past, Reid wanted Vick to prove himself on the field when given the chance.

yea, he looked good even when Kold was the starter, they were giving Vick looks even before Kolb got hurt. That usually doesn't happen.

The biggest shock is how well Vick is passing. All the time last year it looked like the wild cat with him. He rarely passed the ball.

Ummm Vick hasn't had a 300+ yard passing day since week 11 2005 and actually that is the only one of his career.

EDIT: yesterday during the colts game they showed a stat that Manning was 3rd all time in 300 yard passing games behind marino and favre...my guess is that they didn't include 284 and 291 yard games in those totals.

Edited by keggerz

If anyone remembers the interview VIck gave after being released from prison, there was one telling comment that I took out of the interview. THat he never really tried at the QB positin and that he took things for granted. Now we are seeing what happens when he actually tries and not just relying on his given ability. Text from transcript below.

Voice Over: He also took his own talent for granted. Known for traveling with a large entourage of friends from Virginia, going on wild spending sprees, not focusing on football.

JAMES BROWN: You know what your reputation was like when you were playing?

MICHAEL VICK: Yeah.

JAMES BROWN: What was it?

MICHAEL VICK: I was lazy. You know, I was the last guy in the building, first guy out. I know that. You know, I hear everything that people say. And that hurt me when I heard that, but I know it was true.

JAMES BROWN: It was true?

MICHAEL VICK: It was true.

TONY DUNGY: I think everyone looked at it that way -- tremendous athlete, tremendous talent. Very, very gifted guy, who relies on his natural ability . He was exciting and probably didn’t scratch the surface of his potential. And he and I talked about that for a long time in Leavenworth. He talked about not working out, not training, not studying. You know, kind of taking things for granted -- gifts that the Lord had given him. Just really living on that and not working at it.

I think that Vick was Andy's plan all along, and that he just needed the right opportunity to give him the start. Otherwise, he would have at least invested one draft pick in an offensive lineman to protect a pocket-passer like Kolb. They knew that the Andrews brothers were going or gone, and that there were problems across that line.

I think that Vick was Andy's plan all along, and that he just needed the right opportunity to give him the start. Otherwise, he would have at least invested one draft pick in an offensive lineman to protect a pocket-passer like Kolb. They knew that the Andrews brothers were going or gone, and that there were problems across that line.

you are off your rocker if you think that...Kolb was Reid's plan all along...otherwise he would have never hesitated to insert Vick as the starter over Kolb. Kolb is Reid's pet project and it took a lot for him to make the switch to Vick that you can bet your rear on.

you are off your rocker if you think that...Kolb was Reid's plan all along...otherwise he would have never hesitated to insert Vick as the starter over Kolb. Kolb is Reid's pet project and it took a lot for him to make the switch to Vick that you can bet your rear on.

But I have a wicked feeling that Reid does not regret changing his priorities now that they are 2-1 and looking to be extremely dominant in their division behind the gun of Vick. And yes, those passes to Jackson and Maclins 60+ yards deep were bulls eye bullets. I was extremely impressed with the speed and precision of those passes.

But I have a wicked feeling that Reid does not regret changing his priorities now that they are 2-1 and looking to be extremely dominant in their division behind the gun of Vick. And yes, those passes to Jackson and Maclins 60+ yards deep were bulls eye bullets. I was extremely impressed with the speed and precision of those passes.

i didn't say he regrets changing his priorities...but for those thinking Vick was the plan all along are sadly mistaken.

I remember seeing the interview when they named Vick the starter for this week. One of the reporters asked "why the 180 on the QB situtation?"

"Cause we watched the film from week 2"

I think the coaches sat down after the win week 2 and watched the film and simplily said "wow... why aren't we starting this guy?"

I remember seeing the interview when they named Vick the starter for this week. One of the reporters asked "why the 180 on the QB situtation?"

"Cause we watched the film from week 2"

I think the coaches sat down after the win week 2 and watched the film and simplily said "wow... why aren't we starting this guy?"

and didn't see any of that in practice? i'm not buying it. not saying it was his plan all along - but it had to creep into his mind at some point.

and didn't see any of that in practice? i'm not buying it. not saying it was his plan all along - but it had to creep into his mind at some point.

Reid can be loyal to a fault....he listened to what the players were asking for, the coaches were saying and he changed his mind

let's all just relax...he played well against det and jax. let's wait a few games before we all go nuts over him.

he has looked good no doubt but so did Kolb last year for 2 games against horrible defenses....anyone remember?

let's just wait and see!

I agree. While he has looked fantastic so far, I want to see him against a good defense first.

Reid can be loyal to a fault....he listened to what the players were asking for, the coaches were saying and he changed his mind

Basically how could you turn on the film in week 2 (and now week 3) and tell your players/coaches that Kolb gives you a better chance to win? Reid would have lost the locker room.

What impresses me about Vick is the use of the Eagles weapons...able to hit Djax for 25 Yards per catch...able to buy time for maclin...able to take a defender away from Mccoy. Celek might be left in the cold because frankly, Vick is slinging it downfield and it's working.

Yes it was just Det and Jax but wait until this group plays together for a a while. Can't wait for the Washington game!

let's all just relax...he played well against det and jax. let's wait a few games before we all go nuts over him.

he has looked good no doubt but so did Kolb last year for 2 games against horrible defenses....anyone remember?

let's just wait and see!

He may throw 100 yards and 3 Interceptions next week, but the gameplan by the other team will be to stop him. No one else on the Eagles will get the attention he will see the rest of the season. Kinda funny he was just going to be QB 2.

So far against two inferior opponents, I will admit he looks very good. I hope he has turned his life around and I admire his rededication to the game if it is real and lasting. If he is still healthy at the end of the year and the league hasn't figured out how to stop him, then I'll be willing to say he's a quality QB.

Everyone keeps saying he has only played against 2 inferior opponents , but they forget what he did against Green Bay ??? 100 Yards rushing, 175 in the air and a TD..........IN ONE HALF !

He is for real, no doubt about it.

Jacksonville did beat Denver, then lost to the better teams in San Diego and Philly , Vick played better then Orton and as well as Rivers in their matchups, so to those that doubters I have a feeling he'll end up a top 5 fantasy QB this season and make you eat your remarks :wacko:

Everyone keeps saying he has only played against 2 inferior opponents , but they forget what he did against Green Bay ??? 100 Yards rushing, 175 in the air and a TD..........IN ONE HALF !

He is for real, no doubt about it.

Jacksonville did beat Denver, then lost to the better teams in San Diego and Philly , Vick played better then Orton and as well as Rivers in their matchups, so to those that doubters I have a feeling he'll end up a top 5 fantasy QB this season and make you eat your remarks :wacko:

Packers had minimal gameplan for Vick and the occasional wildcat formation....

having said that, the game would have been very interesting if Vick was the starter...