[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why was there such a shortage of teams bidding for McNabb?

rai

McNabb has a reputation for being an extremely inaccurate passer. He also has a reputation for choking under pressure. I don't know if he deserves it, but I wouldn't want a QB who isn't accurate and tightens up under pressure.

McNabb has a reputation for being an extremely inaccurate passer. He also has a reputation for choking under pressure. I don't know if he deserves it, but I wouldn't want a QB who isn't accurate and tightens up under pressure.

You mean like Peyton Manning a few years back?

Inaccurate by whom?

Not really like Peyton Manning. I was really referring to players on his own team or former teammates saying he was winded or confused whenever the game got tight. Rumors of him throwing up at crunch time. I know TO said it and I don't have a link, but it seems to me there were others who hinted at him not handling pressure as well as some others.

He also admitted that he didn't know how overtime rules worked a few years back.

This could all be rumors put out there by Philly fans, but where there is smoke........

As far as the inaccuracy is concerned, I remember seeing a lot of passes over the years landing at the feet of open receivers going about 100 mph. And a ton of overthrows on short routes. His deep ball was always good, but the West Coast offense calls for a lot of short passes.

I may be all wet here, but it wouldn't be the first time.........just trying to give the OP a possible reason not many teams were all lined up to grad McNabb..

As opposed to leinert, Delhomme, Matt Moore, Campbell, Derek Anderson?

I would always take McNabb over those guys . . . I think he has gotten a bad rap over the years that really wasnt deserved.

please define "extremely inaccurate passer" and in doing so hang a completion % on it too please

As opposed to leinert, Delhomme, Matt Moore, Campbell, Derek Anderson?

I would always take McNabb over those guys . . . I think he has gotten a bad rap over the years that really wasnt deserved.

agreed...and I don't know if he still ranks 1st but he is up there when it comes to fewest INTs thrown/pass attempt too

The ohter factor that no one has mentioned yet is his past injuries. McNabb always seem to be out a couple games every year for some injury. That and he isn't getting any younger means he wouldn't have met the needs of most of those teams.

I peronsally think those were bigger factors then the he chokes or isn't a good passer...

please define "extremely inaccurate passer" and in doing so hang a completion % on it too please

Really just talking about his reputation and what I remember seeing over the years. I would think a west coast QB would have a pretty high completion rate compared to Qbs in other systems.

He may just have a bad rap, but I think teams avoided him for a reason.

I had a few minutes and I was curious

2009 60.3% 20th

2008 60.4% 18th

2007 61.5% 20th

2006 57% 23rd

2005 59% 22nd

2004 64% 10th

2003 57.5% 19th

Not exactly awe inspiring completion percentages for a west coast guy.....

I see you point. But when is plan-B Derrick Anderson (or Ryan Fitzpatric or Leinhart etc..) I mean at least McNabb can play.

Edited by rai

I see you point. But when is plan-B Derrick Anderson (or Ryan Fitzpatric or Leinhart etc..) I mean at least McNabb can play.

I think McNabb makes around $10 mill a year. That probably enters into the equation as well.....

I had a few minutes and I was curious

2009 60.3% 20th

2008 60.4% 18th

2007 61.5% 20th

2006 57% 23rd

2005 59% 22nd

2004 64% 10th

2003 57.5% 19th

Not exactly awe inspiring completion percentages for a west coast guy.....

all i asked for was a definition of "extremely inaccurate" and at some point you have to find a way to incorporate INT % too.

oh wait they do that with QB ratings

McNabb ranked:

2009: 12th

2008: 14th 86.4

2007: 9th 89.9

2006: 4th 95.5

2005: 16th 85.0

2004: 4th 104.7

2003: 16th 79.6

so since 2003 he has always been in the top half of the league and finished top 5 twice, top 10 three times, top 12 four out of 7 years

sure his completion % always had room for improvement but McNabb was still one of the top QBs over that time...as for choking, sure I guess you could say he has but also how many QBs can you say won as many games as he did the last decade? Not many would be my guess, 1 or 2 tops.

McNabb is worthless...and will NOT lead the 'Skins to the promised land. Neither will Shanny. :wacko:

*sigh* The life of a 'Skin fan is not an easy one.

McNabb has been on Ried's short list of players to get rid of for a couple of years. Sticking it to a division foe was right up his alley.

McNabb just doesn't deliver under heavy pressure. And now he is old and rickety.