[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Before we go annointing Vick MVP

Cowboyz1

First of all he has put up all these numbers against Det and Jax. I mean come on now, those two teams aren't exactly defensive juggernauts. I promise you this, if he throws those 40 yard punts up against Dallas they will be going the other way and he will have to use his legs to chase down a Jenkins or Newman. I do believe he is playing well but don't get carried away now. You couldn't ask for two better teams to get back into the swing of things against as he has had zero pressure. I don't beleive he has even been hit yet. I have always been impressed with the way he can flick the ball 50 yards but that is with time. Let's see him do it with pressure in his face or on the run. Let's see what he does when the running game isn't working and he has to make plays with quality CB covering. Remember Vick made great plays when he was with Atlanta yet he still had stuggles with good teams pressuring him. I look at the years he played prior to this two game stint and I don't find the second coming of Joe Montania. We'll see but two games against the bottom teams in the NFL does not an MVP make.

Yeah he made one play against Dallas last year. I do remember!

Now Romo on the other hand is playing some great football. :wacko:

I am so glad Philly has a QB that can play. I don't want any excuses when they come to Cowboys stadium.

Edited by Cowboyz1

First of all he has put up all these numbers against Det and Jax. I mean come on now, those two teams aren't exactly defensive juggernauts. I promise you this, if he throws those 40 yard punts up against Dallas they will be going the other way and he will have to use his legs to chase down a Jenkins or Newman. I do believe he is playing well but don't get carried away now. You couldn't ask for two better teams to get back into the swing of things against as he has had zero pressure. I don't beleive he has even been hit yet. I have always been impressed with the way he can flick the ball 50 yards but that is with time. Let's see him do it with pressure in his face or on the run. Let's see what he does when the running game isn't working and he has to make plays with quality CB covering. Remember Vick made great plays when he was with Atlanta yet he still had stuggles with good teams pressuring him. I look at the years he played prior to this two game stint and I don't find the second coming of Joe Montania. We'll see but two games against the bottom teams in the NFL does not an MVP make.

Yeah he made one play against Dallas last year. I do remember!

Now Romo on the other hand is playing some great football. :wacko:

I am so glad Philly has a QB that can play. I don't want any excuses when they come to Cowboys stadium.

this is so funny coming from a oh never mind.

He has started against DET and JAX that are ranked 30th and 28th against QBs so he has been fortunate so far in the matchups. GB had done no preparation for him to be fair and the Packers in Philly already led 27-10 starting the fourth quarter. But the PHI schedule doesn't get all that much harder this year and Vick does legitimately look different and is connecting with WRs better. We'll see how he looks against WAS or @SF next but he is better. We just are not yet sure exactly how much better.

I'm guessing cowboys' fans have a bad rep here?

Nonsense. We've all come to accept America's Team as something we are all part of. Except for the Canadians. And one French guy here.

Gotta give Reid and staff kudo's for turning Vick into an NFL QB and Vick for listening to them. He is definately better than I ever seen him throwing the ball, even against those weak D's in the past he would not have completed as many passes.

I watched the game this week and Vick had 5 seconds and sometimes 7 when he dropped back to pass. I mean come on now. When he was rushed at all, the ball sailed. Just sayin, Vick had so much time to set his feet, decide where to throw and even use a range finder to calculate distance before letting go. He won't have that time when he plays a real D.

Making 300k a year will surely motivate him though. He is only allowed to take home 300k no matter how much he earns, the rest goes to pay off debt and fines.

I just don't buy into all the Vick hype Yet. We will see.

I watched the game this week and Vick had 5 seconds and sometimes 7 when he dropped back to pass. I mean come on now. When he was rushed at all, the ball sailed. Just sayin, Vick had so much time to set his feet, decide where to throw and even use a range finder to calculate distance before letting go. He won't have that time when he plays a real D.

Making 300k a year will surely motivate him though. He is only allowed to take home 300k no matter how much he earns, the rest goes to pay off debt and fines.

I just don't buy into all the Vick hype Yet. We will see.

you are a Cowboy fan of course you don't buy into the hype. and when you say real D do you mean Dallas or a real D

Who has the better chance of winning the following awards:

Michael Vick: MVP

Wade Phillips: Coach of the Year

Barry Sanders: Come Back Player of the Year

my vote would be for Sanders as having the better chance to win his listed award.

you are a Cowboy fan of course you don't buy into the hype. and when you say real D do you mean Dallas or a real D

Hey, I want the Eagles competitive. Really I do. As much as I love to beat down the Eagles and shut them out, that gets old. It's kind of like watching an Ultimate Fighter beat down "a guy that doesn't fight so well". You can't take your eyes away but you just.........well...........want it to be over. Now if Vick is an upgrade over Mcnabb, which he clearly looks to be, then maybe we will have a battle this year.

Oh and as far as Defenses go. You know many teams that can stop the Texans on 1st and Goal and hold them to a field goal. How many teams are going to hold AJ to 4 catches and no scores. Effectively the Boys held the mighty Texans to 6 points when it counted. How many defenses will do that? Oh and not to mention the game was at the Texan's stadium. So yes, Dallas is a REAL defense.

Fixed......

Edited by Cowboyz1

I agree we haven't seen enough from Vick to say one way or another. One thing is for certain though, he looks more comfortable as a passer than he ever has. Vick has even admitted that he didn't take his job seriously prior to his arrest. He relighed on his god given ability only. I think the year sitting behind McNabb and watching how you're supposed to prepare yourself has been huge for Vick. If Vick truly is taking things seriously now, it's scary to think about how good he could be. He might actually realize all that untapped potential.

Oh and as far as Defenses go. You know many teams that can stop the Texans on 1st and Goal and hold them to a field goal. How many teams are going to hold AJ to 4 catches and no scores. Effectively the Boys held the mighty Texans to 6 points when it counted. How many defenses will do that? Oh and not to mention the game was at the Texan's stadium. So yes, Dallas is a REAL defense.

:wacko:...and during your home opener?

Hey, I want the Eagles competitive. Really I do. As much as I love to beat down the Eagles and shut them out, that gets old. It's kind of like watching an Ultimate Fighter beat down a midget. You can't take your eyes away but you just.........well...........want it to be over. Now if Vick is an upgrade over Mcnabb, which he clearly looks to be, then maybe we will have a battle this year.

well McNabb does have a .632 winning % versus the girls

and I guess you have conveniently forgotten how the girls have done versus the Reid led Eagles...prior to last year Reid had a .700 winning % against your beloved girls and even accounting for last year his win % is .609

:wacko:...and during your home opener?

and I guess you have conveniently forgotten how the girls have done versus the Reid led Eagles...prior to last year Reid had a .700 winning % against your beloved girls and even accounting for last year his win % is .609

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/mat...aglesTrophy.jpg :tup::tup:

Why would we avoid the most recent year, where like I mentioned before dallas stomped Philly, not once, not twice, but three times.