[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Before we go annointing Vick MVP

Cowboyz1

:wacko:...and during your home opener?

Our entire team was off. All teams have bad weeks. The best defenses have breakdowns. What they did to the texans is what they can do when they play to their ability. There is a larger recent sample size to support the fact that the Cowboys have a top defense than your flimsy argument based on one game. This is a battle-tested defense. Get real.

well McNabb does have a .632 winning % versus the girls

and I guess you have conveniently forgotten how the girls have done versus the Reid led Eagles...prior to last year Reid had a .700 winning % against your beloved girls and even accounting for last year his win % is .609

Unfortunately for your cute statistics, all-time =/= the present. Not even last season, in which the Cowboys dominated the Eagles by the way. I can't say my argument about the recent sample size here because both teams are in flux offensively, unlike the Dallas defense which remains largely unchanged. But, this year Andy Reid has a 0% winning percentage against the Cowboys, so shut your mouth until you have something to actually talk about.

Edited by bdog1321

Our entire team was off. All teams have bad weeks. The best defenses have breakdowns. What they did to the texans is what they can do when they play to their ability. There is a larger recent sample size to support the fact that the Cowboys have a top defense than your flimsy argument based on one game. Get real.

Unfortunately for your cute statistics, all-time =/= the present. Not even last season, in which the Cowboys dominated the Eagles by the way. This year Andy Reid has a 0% winning percentage against the Cowboys, so shut your mouth until you have something to actually talk about.

Stay Classy, especially if you are an alias :wacko:

Which earned you the right to get stomped in the playoffs...but hey, it had been 10+ years, I can see why you guys were excited just to be there. :wacko:

please don't quote him, I have "him" and his aliases that I am aware of on ignore

Edited by keggerz

Unfortunately for your cute statistics, all-time =/= the present. Not even last season, in which the Cowboys dominated the Eagles by the way. This year Andy Reid has a 0% winning percentage against the Cowboys, so shut your mouth until you have something to actually talk about.

You're exactly right....as far as this season is concerned, your girlies are 1-2, with losses to the 1-2 Deadskins and at home to the Bears.

Enjoying yourself?

Stay Classy, especially if you are an alias :wacko:

Did you just tell me to stay classy? You're an Eagles fan. Thanks for playing.

I'm not an alias.

@swammi, please tell me what that has to do with the Eagles against the Cowboys.

Edited by bdog1321

Our entire team was off. All teams have bad weeks. The best defenses have breakdowns. What they did to the texans is what they can do when they play to their ability. There is a larger recent sample size to support the fact that the Cowboys have a top defense than your flimsy argument based on one game. This is a battle-tested defense. Get real.

Unfortunately for your cute statistics, all-time =/= the present. Not even last season, in which the Cowboys dominated the Eagles by the way. I can't say my argument about the recent sample size here because both teams are in flux offensively, unlike the Dallas defense which remains largely unchanged. But, this year Andy Reid has a 0% winning percentage against the Cowboys, so shut your mouth until you have something to actually talk about.

Did you just tell me to stay classy? You're an Eagles fan. Thanks for playing.

I'm not an alias.

yep sure did and the reason is bolded above :wacko:

yep sure did and the reason is bolded above :wacko:

Sorry, when someone uses that kind of statistic to prove their point after I see countless examples of Cowboys' fans ridiculed for bringing up statistics several or more years old, it wears on my thin skin. I probably shouldn't have gone off on you like that, but when you live in New York and hear Romo the Homo from idiot Giants/Bills/Eagles fans every time you go to school, it doesn't take much to set you off.

Edited by bdog1321

fwiw, the statistics I quoted are relevant because the person i was posting them to quoted how Vick might look like an upgrade over McNabb...he also stated about how beating the Eagles was like an MMA guy beating up a midget....so that is why the McNabb stat is relevant and the Reid one is relevant also since he is the current coach of the Eagles...now if he said "after beating the eagles 3 times last year I hope the Eagles can bring more to the table this year....etc" Those stats I posted wouldn't have had any relevance but that isn't what the poster wrote so they were relevant.

have fun...I am done and not gonna get drug into a pissin match here

Sorry, when someone uses that kind of statistic to prove their point after I see countless examples of Cowboys' fans ridiculed for bringing up statistics several or more years old, it wears on my thin skin. I probably shouldn't have gone off on you like that, but when you live in New York and hear Romo the Homo from idiot Giants/Bills/Eagles fans every time you go to school, it doesn't take much to set you off.

read the post above this one and you will see why those stats were relevant...and if that was an apology consider it accepted and this behind us.

fwiw, the statistics I quoted are relevant because the person i was posting them to quoted how Vick might look like an upgrade over McNabb...he also stated about how beating the Eagles was like an MMA guy beating up a midget....so that is why the McNabb stat is relevant and the Reid one is relevant also since he is the current coach of the Eagles...now if he said "after beating the eagles 3 times last year I hope the Eagles can bring more to the table this year....etc" Those stats I posted wouldn't have had any relevance but that isn't what the poster wrote so they were relevant.

Well damn. Now I look like another stupid Cowboys fan who doesn't read the thread before he posts @_@. In that case, you're right. And whoever said that is an idiot. I do think Vick is an upgrade over McNabb though. But the MMA comment was absolutely retarded. Sorry, when I saw your post it just looked like you were trying to use that to say the cowboys suck right now, so I saw red for a second and posted without reading the posts above it.

@swammi, please tell me what that has to do with the Eagles against the Cowboys.

has nothing to do with the Eagles/Cowboys...only to your point that this season is all that matters, so before you go annointing them "a top defense" and a "battle tested defense", have a look at your current record., and the amount of turnovers that defense has forced this year to help its offense.

Back to the subject of Vick... I agree that the jury should be out on Vick until he plays a better defense, but the fact that he his hitting his WRs on deep throws at all is a positive sign. I don't recall him hitting anyone downfield when he was a Falcon regardless of opponent. Plus, if he really is the same guy, you'd think Celek would be tearing it up right now. So acting like there is no improvement at all simply because the Jags and Lions are terrible isn't giving Vick his due.

On a side note, do Eagles fans feel a little strange or conflicted in seeing Vick succeed? I mean, I'm a person of forgiveness and have no problem watching Vick get a second chance, but I recall a lot of people talking poorly of him when the Eagles first signed him. Have opinions changed at all now that he's in his second season back?

Back to the subject of Vick... I agree that the jury should be out on Vick until he plays a better defense, but the fact that he his hitting his WRs on deep throws at all is a positive sign. I don't recall him hitting anyone downfield when he was a Falcon regardless of opponent. Plus, if he really is the same guy, you'd think Celek would be tearing it up right now. So acting like there is no improvement at all simply because the Jags and Lions are terrible isn't giving Vick his due.

On a side note, do Eagles fans feel a little strange or conflicted in seeing Vick succeed? I mean, I'm a person of forgiveness and have no problem watching Vick get a second chance, but I recall a lot of people talking poorly of him when the Eagles first signed him. Have opinions changed at all now that he's in his second season back?

I was not happy when they signed him and honestly I like seeing the Eagles win but it does bother me that it is Vick leading them at QB..That might make me seem like a bad person in the eyes of some but I never thought that Vick was truly remorseful for what he did....I posted a quote that he gave in an interview as reason I feel that way...I am sure BJ could find it if need be.

I was not happy when they signed him and honestly I like seeing the Eagles win but it does bother me that it is Vick leading them at QB..That might make me seem like a bad person in the eyes of some but I never thought that Vick was truly remorseful for what he did....I posted a quote that he gave in an interview as reason I feel that way...I am sure BJ could find it if need be.

:wacko:http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=291359

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=291496

There's some really funny posts in the above link. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings at all, but I guess I'm trying to say time heals all wounds.

from your link:

:wacko: absolutely :tup: about this :shakeshead:

I am not happy about it at all, NOT AT ALL :tup:

As a lifelong Eagles fan I will continue to root for them but I will say that doesn't mean I have to like this move or agree with it. I will not be cheering for Vick...even if he takes an 80 yard trick play to the house. Will I be happy if my team wins? Yes. Will I be happy if Vick is the reason? No.

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/08/vick-hoops...-use-me-example

Vick also told them that after accomplishing his goals he "allowed someone who didn't have my best interests at heart to take all that away from me," according to a release from the school.

I still feel exactly the same...and on the final quote I am trying to point out that imo he wasn't taking responsibility for what he did

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=291496

There's some really funny posts in the above link. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings at all, but I guess I'm trying to say time heals all wounds.

Interesting post, Scoob....interesting because I got a call today from a colleague in Boston, and we got to talking about Vick. He was curious as to how he was being received here with all the hoopla surrounding his resurgence. I told him that while everyone is happy the team is doing well, my personal excitement is not about Vick at all. In fact, when he makes a good play, I sit down after cheering and have to ask myself "Am I really cheering this guy?". I have to think to myself I am cheering the team, and not just him. It kinda sucks in a way, but it is what it is. There are no Vick spamshirts in and around the area. Here, its the Eagles, not so much everyone enamoured with Vick.

Conversely, it seems its the national media that is more excited about his resurgance...ESPN segments, national press. The focus locally fortunately is on the Phils, and even though the Eagles are playing well, we realize it was the winless Jags and winless Lions, and aren't getting all jazzed up just yet.

It will be very interesting to see if Vick continues to play well....I wonder if the NFL will be as equally excited if, by chance, he continues to play well and, God forbid, actually wins the MVP and is the face of the league at the end of the season?

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I wouldn't judge based on your opinion here anyway. I also didn't mean to insinuate that somehow it wouldn't make you a forgiving person if you or anyone had a problem with Vick. I generally believe in second chances. I think he is really lucky that he has gotten one. Because he certainly has said and done the right things for the most part despite questionable remorse.

yeah, it's so strange in sports or I guess anyone in the spotlight. Wasnt Ray Lewis a supposed murderer? When I think of him, that doesnt immediately come to mind nowadays, though it should. Strange psychology working here indeed. Nevertheless was raised to forgive and forget, but forgetting is the hard part I think. I sure love the rivalry b/t my Boyz and the eagles (or skins and giants for that matter). Whew! got our 1st win now a bye week to regroup. This season is so fun to watch already:)

Interesting post, Scoob....interesting because I got a call today from a colleague in Boston, and we got to talking about Vick. He was curious as to how he was being received here with all the hoopla surrounding his resurgence. I told him that while everyone is happy the team is doing well, my personal excitement is not about Vick at all. In fact, when he makes a good play, I sit down after cheering and have to ask myself "Am I really cheering this guy?". I have to think to myself I am cheering the team, and not just him. It kinda sucks in a way, but it is what it is. There are no Vick spamshirts in and around the area. Here, its the Eagles, not so much everyone enamoured with Vick.

Conversely, it seems its the national media that is more excited about his resurgance...ESPN segments, national press. The focus locally fortunately is on the Phils, and even though the Eagles are playing well, we realize it was the winless Jags and winless Lions, and aren't getting all jazzed up just yet.

It will be very interesting to see if Vick continues to play well....I wonder if the NFL will be as equally excited if, by chance, he continues to play well and, God forbid, actually wins the MVP and is the face of the league at the end of the season?

[big John] Jacksonville beat Denver in week 1. [/big John]

Your right that was out of line. I in no way meant any disrespect towards little people. My remarks were insensitive and derogatory. I apologize for my remarks. My comments were an attempt to point out the lopsided total and complete domination of the Eagles in RECENT meetings. The kind of domination that a large man can exert over someone smaller or of less physical ability. I could have used a more common analogy like, beat them like a rented mule or red headed step child, or like they stole the Christmas ham, or like a nail through a knot, or like well you get the point. Bottom line is we have beat the Eagles down so badly it's sad, in RECENT meetings. I mean real bad. I just hope they can compete that's all and Vick looks like he may give us a game.

That said, the Eagles just haven't measured up in three straight games. All's I am saying is that Vick has played two teams that historically haven't measured up to the teams of even last year. Thus Vick, has been able to sit back and pick apart teams of lesser quality. Let's see him do it to some good Defenses, then we can see what he is all about but until then we need a larger sample size against better competition. If he can do that fine, he's great. If he can't the Cowboys are gonna make a mess of the Eagles again.