[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY Giants were 3 point favorite (this week) vs Bears

rai

I saw this line last night before the Packers/Bears game and thought how are the Giants favored over anyone let alone the Bears. This is a home game for the Giants so that gives them some edge.

Then I saw the Bears last night. I did not see a revised point spread for the game, but I can not think the Giants will be favored.

it's a short week for the Bears and they are on the road but the Giants (to me) look no better than the Redskins or the Lions meaning they have to show me they can win a game before they are favored (especially against an undefeated team)

I saw this line last night before the Packers/Bears game and thought how are the Giants favored over anyone let alone the Bears. This is a home game for the Giants so that gives them some edge.

Then I saw the Bears last night. I did not see a revised point spread for the game, but I can not think the Giants will be favored.

it's a short week for the Bears and they are on the road but the Giants (to me) look no better than the Redskins or the Lions meaning they have to show me they can win a game before they are favored (especially against an undefeated team)

Can you say :wacko: sucker

I don't know, the Bears actually impressed me the last couple weeks. Lots of different players making an impact on both sides of the ball. A healthy team overall. Plus I watched the Titans bully and antagonize the Giants last week. It seems like the Giants are not a collective team right now.

JUM

I just think the AFC South is a better division right now the the NFC East, so I discount the Indy and Titans games a little. I am on the fence on this game and am leaning toward the home team. I hope I am wrong and the Giants lose, but I think the odds makers are right on this one.

Edited by Eagle2003

This is a Vegas line just begging you to take the Bears.

Short week for the Bears, coming of a big win over their biggest rival....I smell letdown for the Bears, who travel to NY and face a desperate Giants team.

Eli lights it up in a relatively easy Giants victory....Giants 27, Bears 17.

This is a Vegas line just begging you to take the Bears.

Short week for the Bears, coming of a big win over their biggest rival....I smell letdown for the Bears, who travel to NY and face a desperate Giants team.

Eli lights it up in a relatively easy Giants victory....Giants 27, Bears 17.

this is spot on

NYG come out and play well, catch a mediocre Bears team on the road off a short week

Giants win this one and cover

With or without Osi, if the Giants win I will be surprised. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.

I wouldn't in the least. The oddsmakers know one hell of a lot more about this than we do.

Plus in the NFL, typically teams only ride a high (or low) for so long. Further, in the NFL, the diff between good and so-so and so-so or bad is often inches.

In short the Gints are due and the Bears are due to get hammered. Cmon think about their WRs and RBs and leaky OL. That's a 4-0 team?

Edited by BeeR

The Giants are falling apart at the seams. They are just riddled with injuries, including now, their best player on defense, Kiwanuka, and Osi may not play, Bullock is out. The starting center is out too. They have 6 players who just got fines for last week's game against the Titans. Jacobs is all kinds of po'd, getting fined for the helmet throwing in Indy, Rolle coming out and blasting the CS, his team mates... Boss and Manningham coming back from concussions. The Giants punter is awful.

The Giants may not be able to generate any pass rush at all. Coughlin is starting to look like a lame duck, and may have lost this team already. It's near to being a mutany right now. Manning has thrown 6 INT's.

When teams are in this kind of turmoil, sometimes they come out and play great... more often they lay an egg.

I wouldn't in the least. The oddsmakers know one hell of a lot more about this than we do.

The odds makers put the line where they think people will bet it. It doesn't necessarily think that they assume that team will win by the set points. Their goal is to make money, not predict the future.

The Giants are falling apart at the seams. They are just riddled with injuries, including now, their best player on defense, Kiwanuka, and Osi may not play, Bullock is out. The starting center is out too. They have 6 players who just got fines for last week's game against the Titans. Jacobs is all kinds of po'd, getting fined for the helmet throwing in Indy, Rolle coming out and blasting the CS, his team mates... Boss and Manningham coming back from concussions. The Giants punter is awful.

The Giants may not be able to generate any pass rush at all. Coughlin is starting to look like a lame duck, and may have lost this team already. It's near to being a mutany right now. Manning has thrown 6 INT's.

When teams are in this kind of turmoil, sometimes they come out and play great... more often they lay an egg.

Regarding the bolded part... How terrible is Chicago's offensive line (and Cutler, who held the ball long enough for Justin Tuck to make a ham and cheese sandwich before making the sack)? There's no arguing that the Giants are banged up, which is why this level of suck from the Bears on offense is so :wacko: . Cutler is the worst prime time QB in league history.

Regarding the bolded part... How terrible is Chicago's offensive line (and Cutler, who held the ball long enough for Justin Tuck to make a ham and cheese sandwich before making the sack)? There's no arguing that the Giants are banged up, which is why this level of suck from the Bears on offense is so :wacko: . Cutler is the worst prime time QB in league history.

I thought Osi U was going to be out too, and there are 4 of the sacks. A Martz offense, a terrible O line and a QB who holds the ball forever is not a good combo. I could have sworn Cutler saw Ross on the CB blitz... but I guess not, although he did look to that side when he was in his drop. He still can't even read a blitz.

The Giants circled the wagons.... which was why I would not have touched this game. The Giants O still has it's problems. The WR's manage to deflect as many balls as they catch it seems at times. Jacobs looks like he's nutso, and could go off at any monent. After fumbling a handoff, he nearly fumbled the very next one too.

I thought Osi U was going to be out too, and there are 4 of the sacks. A Martz offense, a terrible O line and a QB who holds the ball forever is not a good combo. I could have sworn Cutler saw Ross on the CB blitz... but I guess not, although he did look to that side when he was in his drop. He still can't even read a blitz.

The Giants circled the wagons.... which was why I would not have touched this game. The Giants O still has it's problems. The WR's manage to deflect as many balls as they catch it seems at times. Jacobs looks like he's nutso, and could go off at any monent. After fumbling a handoff, he nearly fumbled the very next one too.

fair enough I guess

but I know me and my buddies LOVED the G men in this spot. Brent's wave theory is alive and well in the NFL.........ride the wave

First, I don't bet very often... but IF I do, I always bet on a team I think I know. I don't know this Giant team. I never really feel like I know what to expect from them week to week. I took CHI in my pick'em pool. Still had a decent week though. If Miami wins this week, I'm alone in first in my pik'em (no points). I think the G men will continue to have an up and down season, although historically, they manage to get things straightened out most years.