[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Mathews

BearBroncos

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported RB Ryan Mathews went through an extensive workout on Monday and was pain-free, indicating his ankle sprain is feeling better. He is expected to reutrn to practice this week. Mathews missed the Seattle game, which the Chargers lost 27-20.

If this is the case and there is no pain and he has a solid pratice, then this is the quickest healing High Ankle Sprain i've ever seen. He could have a solid week I think against a weak run D Arizona @ home. Tolbert wasn't overally exciting (thank goodness for us Mathews owners) in the teams week 3 loss either.

Then, this weeks mathups for me are my easiest so maybe they should rest him one more week so he's REALLY ready for week 5 when I play the division leader and points leader....

glad hes feeling good.....i really need him this week......if they rested him i would understand.....should be nice when they get mcneil back too in a few weeks

this is a great turn of events....since we saw him being bent backwards and carted off...i cant tell you the feeling in my stomach when i heard about that

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

glad hes feeling good.....i really need him this week......if they rested him i would understand.....should be nice when they get mcneil back too in a few weeks

this is a great turn of events....since we saw him being bent backwards and carted off...i cant tell you the feeling in my stomach when i heard about that

An individual workout, in no way, shape, or form, resembles playing in a game with other players tackling and going for the legs. Status TBD. I'm guessing he will be limited all week and questionable at best...

An individual workout, in no way, shape, or form, resembles playing in a game with other players tackling and going for the legs. Status TBD. I'm guessing he will be limited all week and questionable at best...

But on "High Ankle Sprains" you don't work out normally so him working out is a very good sign that the injury wasn't as bad as first thought.

But on "High Ankle Sprains" you don't work out normally so him working out is a very good sign that the injury wasn't as bad as first thought.

Where did you see that he went through a "normal" workout? I read that he had his "most extensive workout thus far", which could mean anything. More than likely it means he has just begun to cut and run on it...

Negative Nancy... Debbie Downer....

haha tell me about it....i mean...like i said...even if they hold him out another week....its still better than it looked....i mean the cart is usually the kiss of death.....we knew it couldnt have been that bad when he ran back out on the sideline.....but still...the initial feeling of seeing a guy, you likely spent a 2nd rounder on, getting taken off on a cart is not a good one....there is reason to be optimistic....i know seattle is a tough place to play....but it was nice to see tolbert not really have much success last week.....and as i mentioned...mcneil back in a few weeks

haha tell me about it....i mean...like i said...even if they hold him out another week....its still better than it looked....i mean the cart is usually the kiss of death.....we knew it couldnt have been that bad when he ran back out on the sideline.....but still...the initial feeling of seeing a guy, you likely spent a 2nd rounder on, getting taken off on a cart is not a good one....there is reason to be optimistic....i know seattle is a tough place to play....but it was nice to see tolbert not really have much success last week.....and as i mentioned...mcneil back in a few weeks

I agree. I'm trying to save some owners from starting him, in the event that he does play, and getting a 9 carry 40 yard effort from a guy who still has a lot of healing to do...

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported RB Ryan Mathews went through an extensive workout on Monday and was pain-free, indicating his ankle sprain is feeling better. He is expected to reutrn to practice this week. Mathews missed the Seattle game, which the Chargers lost 27-20.

If this is the case and there is no pain and he has a solid pratice, then this is the quickest healing High Ankle Sprain i've ever seen. He could have a solid week I think against a weak run D Arizona @ home. Tolbert wasn't overally exciting (thank goodness for us Mathews owners) in the teams week 3 loss either.

Then, this weeks mathups for me are my easiest so maybe they should rest him one more week so he's REALLY ready for week 5 when I play the division leader and points leader....

What would you classify AJ's high ankle sprain as? I'm shocked he isn't missing time if it truly is a H.A.S.

As I said in the last Mathews injury thread, there are different degrees of high ankle sprain based on the amount of bone movement allowed by the stretched ligaments. Mathews' injury was not as bad as it could have been. I would not be surprised to see him get some touches this Sunday.

ha...yeah the fumbles are a concern......but hes their guy...and they will probably be riding with him unless they continue to be frequent and get out of hand

you write.....just like a guy in my fantasy league....except.......his diatribes go on.....FOREVER...........had to check your profile....to make sure you weren't him..... :wacko:

Nice tribute, Cowboys... I"m a (or was) a HUGE RJD fan. Went to about 15 concerts with him. Sorry for OT.

:wacko: Thanks!

Fan since the Rainbow Days, but was only able to see him a couple of times with H&H in '07 and in '09. The latter at Red Rocks. Sooo glad I was able to do it. He was a TITAN on stage, even at 67 years old!

From CBS sports.... Chargers RB Ryan Mathews expects to play in Week 4 against the Cardinals. Everyone keeps saying its a HAS(high ankle sprain) and its not. Mathews practiced in full on Wednesday. "I'm feeling good," he said. "I went through all of the position drills like I usually do on a regular day, and I felt terrific." If Mathews returns in Week 4, then that's bad news for Mike Tolbert and Darren Sproles.