[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Smith

onbrake

Dude, you're a glutton for punishment.

I'm comparing the 2008 offensive line to the 2010 offensive line.

2008 - Backus, Raiola, Cherilus, Peterman, Ramirez, Mulitalo, Foster

2010 - Backus, Raiola, Cherilus, Peterman, Ramirez, Sims

See the similarities now?

BTW - Henderson isn't an offensive lineman.

But Smith was good in 2008 . . . was the line the same in 09?

Dude, you're a glutton for punishment.

I'm comparing the 2008 offensive line to the 2010 offensive line.

2008 - Backus, Raiola, Cherilus, Peterman, Ramirez, Mulitalo, Foster

2010 - Backus, Raiola, Cherilus, Peterman, Ramirez, Sims

See the similarities now?

BTW - Henderson isn't an offensive lineman.

WHAT?? Your comparing a year that he was good with a year he hasn't ran in? And I'm a glutton for punishment? At least I make sense :wacko:

Edited by BearBroncos

I know the 60+ you are quoting sounds better than 57 but 57 is closer to 55, just sayin you should use correct numbers when posting stuff like that...

in those 13 games he rushed for 60+ just 6 times...means there were 7 he rushed for less....

he had a YPC of 3.3 or less in 6 games, and two of those games were 1.3 and 1.6 YPC efforts.

he ran the ball 217 times and only picked up 36 first downs and only 10 of those game in the second half of games.

as a quick example i tried to think of another back that had around 200 carries last year so I checked Ahmad Bradshaw...he had 163 carries and picked up 46 1st downs with 17 coming in the second half...and bradshaw had to contend with the big bruising short yardage back (brandon jacobs) too. Yet on 25% fewer carries or just 54 fewer carries he still logged 10 more 1st downs or you could also say he accounted for a 1st down on 28% of his carries compared to Smith only converting 17% of his carries for 1st downs.

Smith was injured after the Washington game last year as well. He played through a shoulder injury which completely limited his ability to lower his shoulder. He went in tall instead of lowering the shoulder and gaining a couple of more yards. The shoulder injury was never allowed to heal because he wanted to play through it.

Not saying his YPC would have been that much better, but it definitely is apart of the equation.