[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Snaps Per Game Stats

alanwrench

season to date

weekly stats

of course that is just for offensive players....if you want IDP you are sorta out of luck...well not completely but profootballfocus.com had player participation logs for defensive players and was free up until last year...now that data cost $50/team or $1400 for all teams...yep $1400.00 :wacko:

some beat writers will put out snaps played but only a handful at best....that info was something i was looking for for years up until I found pff and then they go and price out us small guys :tup:

Yeah, actual Snaps (was he simply lined up out there?) is an unofficial stat and I don't know of any database that counts them. I refer to them in my columns occasionally, but I'm usually aided by a prolific beat writer like Jeff Duncan (N.O.) or Lindsay Jones (Den.) who relays the info they got straight from the team's post-game presser. Occasionally I will play back a game and count one player's snaps myself, almost always a WR I am curious about.

JUM

I appreciate the links however, I think when "The Huddle" lists "Plays" if you look at the numbers they are only counting pass targets and rushing attempts when it comes to RB's, TE's and WR's. I was actually looking to see how often certain offensive players were on the field whether they are part of the play or not. Just trying to get an idea of playing time.

I appreciate the links however, I think when "The Huddle" lists "Plays" if you look at the numbers they are only counting pass targets and rushing attempts when it comes to RB's, TE's and WR's. I was actually looking to see how often certain offensive players were on the field whether they are part of the play or not. Just trying to get an idea of playing time.

profootballfocus.com has what you want but like I said above their player participation log info cost $1400.00 for the season.

Edited by keggerz

Yes on the Huddle Stats page, Plays = Targets for WR, and Plays = Carries + Targets for RBs.

Finding Snaps is a tough proposition, though I might add the best way to examine a player's playing time and get a feel for him -- is to watch his game on TV. :wacko:

Yes on the Huddle Stats page, Plays = Targets for WR, and Plays = Carries + Targets for RBs.

Finding Snaps is a tough proposition, though I might add the best way to examine a player's playing time and get a feel for him -- is to watch his game on TV. :wacko:

Well

DirecTV and I sort of had a falling out, soooo . . . . .

Finding Snaps is a tough proposition, though I might add the best way to examine a player's playing time and get a feel for him -- is to watch his game on TV. :tup:

Actually "Plays" = Carries + Targets for both WR or RB on the Huddle page.

That's why you see Brandon Marshall for Week 3 here with 18 Plays. It's 2 Runs and 16 Passes (Targets) on the right.

As for Snaps, you really don't need to know them for a WR like Marshall. It's pretty obvious he is doing everything but pour Gatorade. I suspect that if Fantasy keeps growing then then Elias Sports Bureau will start counting Snaps too.

Heck, ESPN.com just slipped Targets into the box scores. Why do you think that is? :wacko:Look at the Bills/Pats receiving targets at ESPN.