[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brent Celek

purplehays

I did. Maybe it was a little premature, but Keller was on the waiver wire and I put in a claim for him (dropping Celek) and I actually got it.

Celek (while no fault of his own) looks to be an afterthought in that offense now that Vick is there. When he was in Atlanta, Vick loved his TE, but maybe that's cause Crumpler was his most only reliable target. Now in Philly, Vick has some speedy threats in Jackson and Maclin - leaving Celek to get the sloppy 4ths (behind McCoy).

I'm sure Celek will have a decent game here and there, but with the mancrush that Sanchez has laid on Keller - it was too good to not pull the trigger.

Edit: fixed

Edited by Shorttynaz

I'm expecting him to bounce back as defenses start trying to take away the deep routes of DJax and Maclin - once they do that, the middle will be wide open for Celek. Vick will hit him - just a matter of time before he gets comfortable with all of his weapons.

I ate my words and dumped Celek. I was holding onto hope, yet I think with with R Bush out for a few weeks, I would rather roll the dice with Jeremy Shockey than B Celek.

Link to My Celek Thread

Too many things wrong with Celek to waste one of my 6 bench spots on a TE.....

- Wrist Injury

- Kolb is healthy and still not playing

- I saw on a previous post the idea that Alge was Vicks only outlet in Atlanta. Alge did catch 25% of Vick'stotal completions, however no one else was lighting up the skys.

-Desean Jackson, J Maclin, and McCoy and much better play makers than a slow white guy.

I'm expecting him to bounce back as defenses start trying to take away the deep routes of DJax and Maclin - once they do that, the middle will be wide open for Celek. Vick will hit him - just a matter of time before he gets comfortable with all of his weapons.

I think as an owner of Brent Celek, you're giving yourself false hope. But on the other hand, if there's not a better TE out there on the WW that's better than M Lewis, I guess your only option would be to stick with him.. But IMO, even after seeing 3 Eagles games - to expect Brent Celek to be a relevant fantasy TE this season is a long shot.

Cut in both my leagues... I spent waiver $ to nab Keller in both leagues last week before he blew up again... at this point Celek is history.

+1 got Keller for what ever reason still on the free agent market last week and dumped celek... Need less to say keller got me the win by 5 points where if I woulda held strong with Brent I woulda lost I'm Happy :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

The Philly offense with Vick under Center seems to be:

"Every second I evade the rush, Jackson and Maclin pull further away from their coverage. If I stay back here long enough, my arm is a cannon and one of them will be wide open. If not, I'll dump it to McCoy or keep it myself."

That does pretty much write Celek out. If Defenses adjust as the season goes on, he might have value, but they seem squarely on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" plan right now.

Edited by FordFairlane

How did Crumpler do with Vick?

:wacko:

Pretty well IIRC

Give it time

And WHO else did Vick have to throw to who was remotely reliable?? :tup:

Hanging onto Celek and expecting the kind of games he had last season is giving yourself false hope...

Roddy White was in town for a few years with Vick.

too bad neither of them knew what they were doing at the time... Vick now has Desean and Maclin, no need for another Crumpler. Plus, Vick is looking downfield to throw when escaping the pocket, unlike those years like 2006, no more Crumpler coming off a block and waiting by himself near the line of scrimmage b/c everyone else is chasing Vick around leaving an open Crumpler. Celek is now a blocking TE, not going 20+ yards downfield like he did last year with a pocket passer.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby