[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My league is driving me nuts..

12D3

They are voting down trades for no apparent reason. Making any trades that are attempted pointless. Today they have voted down two trades.

Forte for Matthews

Foster/Hillis/M.Williams for Benson/Moss

When looking at any trade you can pick a side you would like more, but that doesn't mean they should be prevented. Anybody else have issues with normal trades being voted down?

probably voting against because the other voted against his... viscious cycle. seriously, voting on trades by other owners makes no sense because of league politics. no trade is ever totally fair at the beginning and owners should be allowed to gamble on what they believe are 'gut feelings' as to what players will have upside going forward.

Yeah, it does become a pain. I think people just get that competitive feeling going and don't want other players to do well.

Another issue with voting even the lopsided trades, is that you don't know what each person is going for. Players might be looking at playoff matchups, or trading an injury prone player for a more stable player, or thinking a backup might end up starting soon. You need to allow people freedom to grow their team if they agree to something with another player.

The trades listed seem completely fair to me, and its just sad that when you finally agree to an even trade, you don't have the freedom.

As heavily as I am for a democratic league, maybe there should be a provision where the commish can say we will or won't vote on a trade at least to some extent......or maybe it takes a larger % of owners to vote one down

Edited by BeeR

In my leauge we have to get 7 votes to vote down a trade... So literally over half of our 12 team leauge has to say no to a trade.

Ur in a situtation like that where everyone is voting down trade left and right? or is it a commish that is voting down trades

The word "unfair" should not even be allowed in reviewing trades. Trades should only be veto'd if there is collusion involved. If you don't agree that a trade is equal, that is your right. However, it is also the right of the other guys to think it is equal. (excluding of course ridicoulos offers such as a kicker for chris johnson)

Trades unless obviously lopsided or collusion is reasonably suspected should go thru like grease thru a goose and uncontested.

A vote by all members is Baloney. But at the very least (if voting is a current rule) if one votes against, a reason for the negative vote is a minimal expectation and should be a mandate.

ETA:

Agree that it's a stinky league...find another and drop it like a hot rock.

Edited by rocknrobn26

A pirate goes into a bar and hobbles on his peg leg up to the counter. He's got a ship's wheel attached to the front of his pants, right where the zipper would be and there's a parrot sitting on the wheel.

The bartender says "What's with the parrot?"

And the pirate says "Aaaargh. . . it drives me nuts!"

Yeah, I play in the CBS leagues, so they only require 4 votes to vote down a trade. Then they go to the "commissioner for approval", whatever that requires. I tried to push that trade through again and one of the owners got upset and posted this in our league message board.

"Stop trying to do the same trade multiple times. Once it is objected and by half the league mind you, don't try the same one again. This is obviously not even and I have no idea why someone would be willing to deal benson and moss for foster hillis and whoever else youre giving up off your bench. With that said I have no problem with an even deal or close to it, but the objections here speak for themselves. "

My response

"I'm not trying to cheat or be unfair in any way. However, I am very confused by the trend of this league to vote down so many trades. I have always used that option if I felt players were trying to cheat the system. Even if I feel someone is getting the better of a deal, I understand that each person has different reasons for a trade and values certain players differently. As long as they are of somewhat similar value, for example a starter for a starter, I don't understand why it would be objected.

"This is obviously not even and I have no idea why someone would be willing to deal benson and moss for foster hillis and whoever else youre giving up off your bench."

You seem to think that Benson and Moss have the higher value in this trade. From past years performances they both have high profile names and are understandably coveted. However, I personally like the upside for Foster and Hillis more. It is somewhat sad that I am not allowed to pursue these players because you "have no idea why someone would be willing to deal benson and moss for foster hillis". Even going past the opinions, the numbers actually favor Foster/Hillis as being the uneven part of the trade if anything.

Benson - 36 Points

Moss - 30 Points

Foster - 63 Points

Hillis - 44 Points

M.Williams - 23 Points

We are trading starting players for each other. I love Foster and really like Hillis. I prefer RBs over WR since they tend to be more consistent and I am getting two starters in this deal. He already has some great RBs so trading a backup RB that would start on my team, for a starting WR is a great deal for him as well. Throwing in Williams even replaces my WR with a slightly lesser WR. Sure the names are not high profile, but the value is equal.

If you arent fully familiar with all the players involved, that is fine, but please look into it a bit and both of our rosters before just objecting on name recognition alone. "

Once I sent that out to my league I get a trade offer of

B.Jackson/C.Johnson/Z.Miller for Benson/Moss

I don't want the offer, but it didn't insult me or anything, until I read his comment.

"U can use a better Tight end and Zach was drafted (I have A.Hernandez), Calvin Johnson speaks for himself, Brandon Jackson is not a great starter but also Benson is banged up... even trade helps both teams... hit me up"

His logic is that I should take Zach because he was DRAFTED, C.Johnson requires no explanation because of name recognition alone, and I should basically just give up Benson for a lesser RB because Benson is banged up.

This is my league people.....ugh.

So they r voting down ur trades so that they can make deals with u??? That's messed up...

BTW Benson being banged up mean he has a little itty bitty bruise that the media wants to make a big deal out of....... He's fine....

Also the first trade that u attempted to make was good all around for both sides (an ideal trade situtation) and the second one that was offered didn't help u out and was rather one sided....