[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

worst beer question ever

wiegie

So the other day I had some friends over and I offered them some beer. I had a fairly wide selection of about 12 different types of beer so they were trying to figure out what they wanted to drink. One of the guys was somewhat disappointed when he saw that I didn't have any Bud Light, but he kept looking in the fridge and found a six pack of Bell's Oberon. He asked me what type of beer it was and I told him it was a wheat-based ale. His eyes got all excited and he asked me hopefully, "Is it like a Bud Light Wheat?" :sigh:

(For the record, to shut him up, I just said "yes" and he happily drank the beer for the rest of the night.)

So the other day I had some friends over and I offered them some beer. I had a fairly wide selection of about 12 different types of beer so they were trying to figure out what they wanted to drink. One of the guys was somewhat disappointed when he saw that I didn't have any Bud Light, but he kept looking in the fridge and found a six pack of Bell's Oberon. He asked me what type of beer it was and I told him it was a wheat-based ale. His eyes got all excited and he asked me hopefully, "Is it like a Bud Light Wheat?" :sigh:

(For the record, to shut him up, I just said "yes" and he happily drank the beer for the rest of the night.)

Next time offer him warm piss in a glass. That would be the closest substitute for Bud Light Wheat. :wacko:

I have two guys I hang out with that will only drink Bud Light. Nothing else! It drives me crazy. I had a full fridge of various brews (Sierra Nevada, Bass, Harp, and even Coors Light). Rather than drink any of those, they drove to the store to get more BL. I don't get it.

:wacko::tup::tup:

The goal is to get them to try good beer. If that takes telling them it is similar to Bud Light Wheat then so be it. I sometimes bust my Bud Light friends balls about the beer they drink but then realize I just sound like a jerk when I do that.

Edited by Puddy

One of my favorite things at work is when someone asks the waitress "What beers do you have?"

"Heineken, Yuengling, Guinness, Corona, and Bud Light"

"Great! I'll have a Bud Light!"

:wacko:

Save money. Always have some cheap swill beer on hand for the cretans. Give then a Bud Light and sit them down in front of a DVD of a continous 20 minute loop of Gieco Caveman commercials. Problem with that is, they will come back, because it's the most fun they ever had.

Save money. Always have some cheap swill beer on hand for the cretans. Give then a Bud Light and sit them down in front of a DVD of a continous 20 minute loop of Gieco Caveman commercials. Problem with that is, they will come back, because it's the most fun they ever had.

It's spelled 'cretin.'

Cretans is plural for cretin.

This is incorrect. Cretans is a plural for Cretan, a native or inhabitant of Crete.

Cretins is the plural for cretin, a word of French dialect. It is defined as a person with cretinism and the slang definition of cretin is idiot.

Are you saying that you serve individuals who originate from Crete "cheap swill beer?' Why don't you like Cretans?

This is incorrect. Cretans is a plural for Cretan, a native or inhabitant of Crete.

Cretins is the plural for cretin, a word of French dialect. It is defined as a person with cretinism and the slang definition of cretin is idiot.

Are you saying that you serve individuals who originate from Crete "cheap swill beer?' Why don't you like Cretans?

I'm saying it isn't my fault the dictionary spelled it wrong.

I'm saying it isn't my fault the dictionary spelled it wrong.

I'm quite sure that the dictionary spelled it "it".

Further, I'm sure that the dictionary spelled only one word wrong. "wrong"

I need a beer. NOW. It can even be a Bud Light.

One of my favorite things at work is when someone asks the waitress "What beers do you have?"

"Heineken, Yuengling, Guinness, Corona, and Bud Light"

"Great! I'll have a Bud Light!"

:wacko:

As opposed to any of those other stellar brews? I'm trying to figure out which one of those is the beer I'd actually choose.

Bud produces a MUCH better light beer than Bud Light - It's Bud Select. Good stuff w/o the aftertaste.

When the beer is actually tasty, aftertaste is not a bad thing. Then it's called "the finish"

As opposed to any of those other stellar brews? I'm trying to figure out which one of those is the beer I'd actually choose.

Really? You'd say Guinness and Bud Light are equivalent?

Really? You'd say Guinness and Bud Light are equivalent?

No, actually that would be the one beer of that mix that I don't mind. Not that I think it's very good, but it is certainly a cut above the rest mentioned. That said, I'm either in the mood for a stout or I'm not. So it's not like I'm going to consider it an option all the time.

I understand there's some love for Yuengling, but I've never liked it at all.

Beers in my fridge.

Miller Lite

Guinness

Tecate

Corsendonk Brown Ale

When I get home tonight, I'll drink a Miller Lite.

This weekend I'll drink a Miller Lite.

When I wanna get a buzz at a bar watching football, I'll drink a Miller Lite.

When I'm sitting down at dinner with a pot roast I'll Drink a Guinness or Corsendonk.

But, for the most part, I'm drinking Miller Lite. I'm not a big fan of beer and it will be a cold day in Amsterdam before you catch me with a Heineken in my hand... :tup:

I have a buddy of mine, he's on here occasionally, who used to drink exclusively Miller Lite, too. Now I go over to his house and he has Sam Adams, Land Shark, Red Stripe, Heineken, etc... No Miller Lite, I'm like dude, Hey, Jude !?!?!?!!?!?! So I don't go over there that often anymore.... actually come to think of it, I'm not invited that often anymore. :wacko:

Edited by SEC=UGA