[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's your 2010 Draft Day bust prediction

theeohiostate

after 2 weeks , how are those 1st round selections doing for you?

trends are starting to emerge and I will go ahead and say that MJD will be the biggest 1st round bust of the season.

There are several more in the 2nd round I feel are going to be horrible for their ADP.....D.Williams, Mendenhal to name a few.

I gotta say I'm learning to temper my expectations with Turner.He will forever be, questionable/probable for the rest of his carrer.

I dont think fitz went first round but I can see some guys reaching for him this year.

Edited by ajfalcone

after 2 weeks , how are those 1st round selections doing for you?

trends are starting to emerge and I will go ahead and say that MJD will be the biggest 1st round bust of the season.

There are several more in the 2nd round I feel are going to be horrible for their ADP.....D.Williams, Mendenhal to name a few.

+1 on MJD..

All the preseason rankings had him listed 3rd, and a tier 1 RB. It's only been 3 weeks, but I'm so glad I passed on him for Gore. The funny thing is, at the draft the guy 2 spots behind me was giving me a hard time cause I passed on MJD, the next guy took AJ, and then he took MJD. He was talking smack all draft long telling me how I screwed up my draft with my first pick.. Oops!

Ray Rice has to be considered with MJD as the biggest 1st round busts. Both top five in most drafts. I am so glad I passed on MJD at 6 (due to injury concerns that came out day before my draft) to take Gore. MJD fell to 9.

Ray Rice has to be considered with MJD as the biggest 1st round busts. Both top five in most drafts. I am so glad I passed on MJD at 6 (due to injury concerns that came out day before my draft) to take Gore. MJD fell to 9.

Yeah, sorry about that guys. I'm keeping my streak of 1st-round bust picks intact. Five straight years if Rice comes through as a dud.

If we're going to talk 2nd round busts, Jamaal Charles belongs in the conversation.

I think MJD has a better chance of turning things around than Ray Rice, but both have been disappointments. The season's still early enough that there's time for these guys to get going, but if Ray Rice isn't going to put up big numbers against the Browns, when will he? (I know he got hurt, but still...)

In Rice's defense, the Browns D has been surprisingly not terrible this season. Right? Playing the Bucs and the Chiefs (??) helps, but I'm still not sure what to make of dealing with the Jets, Bengals, and Browns to start the season.

I do wish I had paid attention to the schedule for Rice, though. It isn't looking like particularly Swiss cheesy. Other than the Bills (maybe Saints, maybe Bucs), can you be sure ANY of those teams will end up in the bottom 5 of the rush D rankings?

I think Rice is going to be fine. Maybe not top 5, but solid. Their offense is beginning to hit its stride. Boldin going off will keep defenses honest and their offense is dynamic enough to be somewhat matchup proof. Rice can contribute in enough ways that tough matchups don't bother me as much with him. Similar to Houston and Foster.

Outside of injury, I don't think anyone that should have been drafted in the first round will be a true bust. MJD will probably be the closest, but I think he's still a top 10 RB by the end of the season. The more dramatic busts will probably be in the second round. Shonn Greene is a complete failure with LT being the #1 RB there. Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and DeAngelo Williams are looking to be disappointments.

Outside of injury, I don't think anyone that should have been drafted in the first round will be a true bust. MJD will probably be the closest, but I think he's still a top 10 RB by the end of the season. The more dramatic busts will probably be in the second round. Shonn Greene is a complete failure with LT being the #1 RB there. Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and DeAngelo Williams are looking to be disappointments.

I really don't see how MJD gets it going.....I'd like to be optimistic here, but really I can't see it. If you can deal MJD for Gore, AJ, Peterson, C.J., Foster , P.T. or Rice............I'd jump on it. I doubt any of those owners would take the risk though. I don't have faith in his knee , and if I were a betting man, I'd say Jennings finishes the season.

Edited by theeohiostate

I have to second that Ryan Matthews call.

WAY too many people were drinking the Matthews kool-aid before the season started. Dude was a 1st round pick in 2 of my leagues, and a 2nd round pick in the other 2. I wasn't buying the hype - so (kinda stupid) I had him AND S Greene crossed off my cheat sheet before the draft started as I wasn't big on either of them..

WAY too many people were drinking the Matthews kool-aid before the season started. Dude was a 1st round pick in 2 of my leagues, and a 2nd round pick in the other 2. I wasn't buying the hype - so (kinda stupid) I had him AND S Greene crossed off my cheat sheet before the draft started as I wasn't big on either of them..

I wish I had had your skepticism.

I took him in the swing (3.03) in one of my leagues...the money one...:wacko:

ETA: Don't cry for me, though. I also got HIllis in that league. :tup:

Edited by cre8tiff

I wish I had had your skepticism.

I took him in the swing (3.03) in one of my leagues...the money one...:wacko:

ETA: Don't cry for me, though. I also got HIllis in that league. :tup:

It's one of those things.. For what it's worth, I also had LT and M Forte crossed off too, so while the high busts were dead on, it wouldn't have been a bad thing to roll with Forte or LT (at least through 3 weeks).