[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Wiiliam's value

jedicosmonaut

The Panthers have to get better, right? They cant remain this bad all year. Williams should get more touches per game. Insane that one of their only offensive weapons only gets 10 touches. The passing game was bad last year and Williams still ran the ball well; even with Stewart stealing touches and TDs. Jeff Otah should return in week 7. That should open some holes. That said, Williams value seems to be next to nothing. Stewart has done nothing, but is still stealing carries and TDs. Goodson appears to be the 3rd down RB. So there is a triple headed monster in Carolina. A Pre-Season predicted top 10 RB has to have some value, even if name only. I know that Williams is only worth what someone else is willing to surrender. But is he worth a Jamaal Charles, Jahvid Best or even a Peyton Hillis? Charles is sharing carries with Jones but is still ripping some long runs. So I would say that Charles has more value. But Best is already hurt. Hillis has one big game. DeAngelo should get more then Best or Hillis straight up, shouldnt he?

The Panthers have to get better, right? They cant remain this bad all year. Williams should get more touches per game. Insane that one of their only offensive weapons only gets 10 touches. The passing game was bad last year and Williams still ran the ball well; even with Stewart stealing touches and TDs. Jeff Otah should return in week 7. That should open some holes. That said, Williams value seems to be next to nothing. Stewart has done nothing, but is still stealing carries and TDs. Goodson appears to be the 3rd down RB. So there is a triple headed monster in Carolina. A Pre-Season predicted top 10 RB has to have some value, even if name only. I know that Williams is only worth what someone else is willing to surrender. But is he worth a Jamaal Charles, Jahvid Best or even a Peyton Hillis? Charles is sharing carries with Jones but is still ripping some long runs. So I would say that Charles has more value. But Best is already hurt. Hillis has one big game. DeAngelo should get more then Best or Hillis straight up, shouldnt he?

I know part of it is because I've made my bed and I'm determined to sleep in it, but no way am I giving up DeAngelo for those guys. I now think it was a bit of a mistake to draft him early in the 2nd round because his team and offense are just that terrible, but he's going to break some long runs and have some big games, but will probably have a few more terrible games as well. I have faith in the guy, so I'm not going to abandon him after a slow start, which he has had a handful of times in the past and was able to rebound nicely.

Any concern that Deangelo got 10 carries Vs. Jon stuart's 8 carries?... or did that just happen because they switched off on series and the split somehow ended up that way?

I have deangelo.. and Ive been offered to trade away my jon stuart + ryan torain for greg jennings... I don't like the idea of trading deangelo's handcuff... in case he gets hurt... or even just rested... or just not played towards the end of the season...

If someone offered me D. Williams right now and for any of the three RB's you mentioned, I don't think I'd make that trade. All 4 RB's have potential upside, but Carolina's offense is just aweful. This was my biggest concern coming into this year after watching pre season. I was worried that Carolina had the potential to have one of the worst offenses in the league. They can only improve with better QB play. Were is that going to come from? I hope they improve, but I just don't see how and therefore struggle to realistically see an improvement from DWill.

i like deangelo this week but down the road not sure. I even traded ray rice for deangelo and d driver today. I needed a win

this week and rice won't do crap this week, and i got driver for a bye week replacement this week

Boy you are screwed cause when the Saints go up by 14 in the first quarter and 21 by halftime the running game goes out the window and DW has 10-12 carries.

I own D.Williams, and I'm thinking of stashing Goodson at the end of my bench. 3rd Down Back = Garbage Time Back, and the Panthers look like they will have more garbage time snaps than any team in football this year.

Another concern is that so much of Williams value is in the ridiculous amount of handing off the Panthers do under John Fox. With the Saints and Bears up next, there is a very real possibility Carolina goes into the bye 0-6, and Fox gets pinkslipped. With two of the seemingly best chances for W's after the bye (49ers and Rams), it seems like a logical time to make a change. Who knows what happens to the offense under a new HC?

The one saving grace for D-Will is that the Panthers schedule lightens up considerably after the bye. Their post-bye opponents include: Rams, 49ers, Bucs, Browns, Seahawks, and Cardinals

Edited by FordFairlane

I own D.Williams, and I'm thinking of stashing Goodson at the end of my bench. 3rd Down Back = Garbage Time Back, and the Panthers look like they will have more garbage time snaps than any team in football this year.

Another concern is that so much of Williams value is in the ridiculous amount of handing off the Panthers do under John Fox. With the Saints and Bears up next, there is a very real possibility Carolina goes into the bye 0-6, and Fox gets pinkslipped. With two of the seemingly best chances for W's after the bye (49ers and Rams), it seems like a logical time to make a change. Who knows what happens to the offense under a new HC?

The one saving grace for D-Will is that the Panthers schedule lightens up considerably after the bye. Their post-bye opponents include: Rams, 49ers, Bucs, Browns, Seahawks, and Cardinals

I'm not sure if the Panthers will ever get any skill position "garbage time" players with the way they're playing...I do agree with you though the remaining schedule after the bye looks servicable.