[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Kolb leads the Iggles to a win today ...

Grits and Shins

I've never seen a QB check down this often. Is he really this bad because last I checked, the WAS pass defense was last in the league. As a DeSean owner in my 2 biggest leagues, I'm VERY concerned.

Yup ... somebody in this thread called him "Captain Checkdown" ... and when he tried to go deep it was awful

Yup ... somebody in this thread called him "Captain Checkdown" ... and when he tried to go deep it was awful

It's funny because when Vick was named the starter I was worried and tried desparately to trade DeSean. Vick gets passing yards the scrappy way and I feared his style would be too inconsistent for DeSean. Now I'm praying to God he will be back next week.

I've never seen a QB check down this often. Is he really this bad because last I checked, the WAS pass defense was last in the league. As a DeSean owner in my 2 biggest leagues, I'm VERY concerned.

did you or did you not watch the first monday night game this year?

And mentioned nowhere in this mix (much like in today's game) is Maclin, who I am convinced is wearing a "plus 3 cloak of invisibility", since I'm watching the WAS-PHI game, and I don't even see him blocking or running routes or anything ... but I have noticed the vague shadowy presence on TV of a player wearing #18 in a PHI uniform, so I have to believe that he is not totally made of ectoplasm.

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

If Kolb is the future in Philadelphia ... why would Vick get the job back?

Possibly to showcase Vick for a trade.

Even with his improved play, at this point in time nobody can say that Kolb is clearly better than Vick, but he is far more likely to be the Eagles QB of the future over Vick.

If Kolb is the future in Philadelphia ... why would Vick get the job back?

Dating to last year, it's Kolb's third win as a starter in which he wasn't knocked out of the game with a concussion. (As a starter, his only loss was his first career start, vs the Saints last year.) For all the talk about how bad he apparently sucks, he has a 98.3 rating and has improved each game.

Oct. 19 is the NFL Trading deadline, so he can't be showcased. Vick is a free agent after the season.

You're right...forgot about Vick's F.A. status.

I think they have a nice "problem" on their hands right now, but Reid needs to be decisive this time in order to maintain some sort of stability.

You're right...forgot about Vick's F.A. status.

I think they have a nice "problem" on their hands right now, but Reid needs to be decisive this time in order to maintain some sort of stability.

You mean like he was decisive when he traded McNabb away and said Kolb was the man .. or decisive like he was when he said Kolb would sit because Vick was the man?

Kolb is awful

he's not quite the QB of the present ...

44-60, 579 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT in the two games he's had to prepare. Not sure what more he needs to do to change your opinion that he's "awful".

it would be nice if he could get the ball to maclin at some point.

was today enough Maclin for ya? :wacko:

So if your the iggles do you try and trade Vick now and get some value before he becomes a free agent.

It looks like Kolb is showing some potential to be a solid #1 QB.

Don't know who would be interested or what they could get for him

Possibly to showcase Vick for a trade.

Even with his improved play, at this point in time nobody can say that Kolb is clearly better than Vick, but he is far more likely to be the Eagles QB of the future over Vick.

No way they trade Vick. They are in it for this year, and as has been clearly displayed having a quality backup wins you games. Trading Vick leaves them without this safety blanket and no way they set themselves up for this.

In accordance with the old CBA yes, but that's not 100% to continue.

I don't think they are interested in changing the Franchise tag, but they could restrict it to a certain age or number of years in the league or on the team....so yeah "wait and see" approach is the plan...

If they Franchise Vick, he'll definitely be traded because why get nothing for a project that has panned out so remarkably which would result in a bunch of ticket sales for a team like the Panthers....:wacko: