[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this bad to do?

APinMN

Now, to add food for thought -

If the OP was not churning the player, but rather would be keeping Hernandez rostered, I would not have an issue with it. It's a legitimate play.

One reason why I am a big advocate of having a rule in place that all players that are picked up in a given week must remain on the roster until the following week. It prevents the churn and burn, but still allows for strategic blocking pickups, as I like to call them.

As to the no pickups after the first game, I agree that once a player has played, he should not be allowed to be picked up, but with the advent of league management systems and the ability in many leagues to change lineups up until a players game time, I have no issue with allowing owners to pick up players that have not played yet. IMO, it is best to have the pickup synced with lineups, so if you allow lineup changes until a players kickoff, you allow pickups, and if you freeze lineups at the start of the Sunday morning kickoff, you freeze pickups then to.

With the above, you eliminate the sitting on a computer picking up the backup RB to a player that has gone down because those players are locked, but you allow owners to make last minute changes due to late breaking news or deactivations.

I run my league similar to this. Our free for all pickups are in sync with our lineups. Except that if a player is dropped he becomes available right away which prevents things like this. I've been running it for 4 years and we've never had issues. The guy with Witten wouldnt be able to drop someone who already played to pick up Hernandez becuase so called player would be locked. He would be forced to drop Witten if he wants to pick up Hernandez.

I have no issue with it. If a team owner waits 5+ days to sure up his roster then that's their problem....BUT on another note and what seems to be a sidebar is this argument about having free agency open during games. I do not have a problem with leagues doing it. I just would never join one. To say we have the technology to make it more fair is a bit unrealistic. The fact is FF is a GAME and not our career or life so for folks to have to glue themselves to a PDA or TV's for up to 20hrs a week is absolutely crazy. hmmmm and this comes from a guy who watches every game and has a Droid X which I can watch every game through Directv Superfan on my phone. I would benefit greatly but the simple fact is this is a game/hobby to me. If you do this professionally and make a living playing FF then all is fair.

I have no issue with it. If a team owner waits 5+ days to sure up his roster then that's their problem....BUT on another note and what seems to be a sidebar is this argument about having free agency open during games. I do not have a problem with leagues doing it. I just would never join one. To say we have the technology to make it more fair is a bit unrealistic. The fact is FF is a GAME and not our career or life so for folks to have to glue themselves to a PDA or TV's for up to 20hrs a week is absolutely crazy. hmmmm and this comes from a guy who watches every game and has a Droid X which I can watch every game through Directv Superfan on my phone. I would benefit greatly but the simple fact is this is a game/hobby to me. If you do this professionally and make a living playing FF then all is fair.

+1

I'm not sure why anyone here would want to be in a league that's "easy" year-to-year. I agree with Grimm that these leagues are fine, but I would simply never join one because I like to think I do well because of my knowledge of the game and keeping abreast of player news rather than being beat to the punch by someone who just happens to be in the right place at the right time with their phone or laptop handy.

If you can exploit the rules and other owners are brain-dead then all the power to you!

J

The thing about the Yahoo style "anything goes" leagues is that the competition is usually easier. I know that's the reason I'm still in one. I'm a lock to make the playoffs in that league, as about half the owners are clueless.

Clueless, or just not prepared to stick to their computers or keep checking their smart phones? I agree that transactions should be locked after the first kickoff of the week until some specified day after Monday. As was said, otherwise you're penalized for having a life.

I would like to have our league use the WW priority Sunday at start of first wave through Monday night then go to FA status on Tues (or Wed).....makes the priority rank mean something and makes it more fair for everyone....but we don't soooo.....