[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McFadden Injured

damageinc

Thank god!

"He'll be good to go next week according to him. He just tightened the hammy. He's at a comedy spot where Poke is doing his set and Poke talked to him. Good News!!"

i hope so cause then I'll just drop Lynch to try to get Bush again. the McFadden owner has #1 slot in waivers unfortunately.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren McFadden, RB, Oakland Raiders Sunday 10/3, 10:05 PM CT

Updating an earlier item, Darren McFadden's injury is to his right hamstring, not the one he injured before missing most of the preseason, according to Jerry McDonald of the Contra Costa Times.

Our View: McFadden was allowed to talk to reporters following the game, a possible sign that the injury isn't that serious. McDonald thinks Michael Bush will take over as the No. 1 back Week 5, and he thinks McFadden's run as the feature back may be over. However, we don't agree just yet,

Raiders RB Darren McFadden said his right hamstring, which he injured in the fourth quarter Sunday in Week 4 against Houston, was doing “all right” Monday, but he was walking with an obvious limp in the locker room. When he pulled a hamstring in training camp, he missed two preseason games. With McFadden hobbled, Michael Bush might have to carry most of the load in Week 5 against San Diego. He returned to action two weeks ago after missing the first two games with a fractured left thumb. Bush played Sunday with his left thumb wrapped and didn’t carry the ball in that hand. This week, he plans take the wrap off and use both hands. “Today is five weeks since I had the injury," Bush said. "I think I’m good to go.” Bush carried seven times for 40 yards and a touchdown Sunday and said he’s ready to carry the load this week

Darren McFadden (hamstring) was moving around stiffly on Monday, and his status for Week 5 seems iffy, according to the Oakland Tribune.

Our View: We'll have to wait and see what transpires with McFadden this week, in terms of how he's feeling and whether or not he's able to participate in practice. For now, be prepared for him to sit Week 5 out, with Michael Bush assuming the role of feature back if McFadden is indeed inactive.

NEWS OF THE WEEK #4

Darren McFadden's hamstring pull is especially concerning because of Run DMC's history. He has always been slow to heal and has often been ineffective at less than 100 percent. Making matters worse, Michael Bush is healthy and ready to seize a role in the backfield.

McFadden is not expected to play this week. The long-term concern is that the coaches will see this as a sign his workload needs to be reduced, even when that hamstring gets back to 100 percent. Still, McFadden has been so impressive that he should command 15+ touches upon his return. Look for him to hold RB2 value at the very least.

Edited by damageinc

:tup:

:wacko:

Darren McFadden: Darren McFadden likely to miss Week 6?

Darren McFadden - RB - OAK - Oct. 11 - 6:12 pm et

Vittorio Tafur of the SF Chronicle doesn't expect Darren McFadden (hamstring) to play this week.

Tafur attends Raiders practices daily and listened to Tom Cable's press conference Monday, so he's got the inside track on injury situations. Cable didn't rule out McFadden during Monday's discussions, but Michael Bush looks set up for another monster workload in Week 6 at San Francisco. Among all NFL backs in Week 5, only Ray Rice got more touches than Bush. Oct. 11 - 6:12 pm et

Source: Vittorio Tafur on Twitter

Please Please Please at least one more week of Michael Bush...

:tup:

Please Please Please at least one more week of Michael Bush...

I'm with you man! McFadden shouldn't push himself too hard, it's a long season with many battles remaining. He should think of the big picture, and sit another week to make sure he's rested and ready for the stretch run!

Right after that Week 4 game McFadden said this hammy "was not nearly like the one in camp" - referring to the other leg he pulled in August.

He sat out last week. I bet he sits out this week, or maybe is active and gets five or six carries to get back in the flow..... but I'm guessing he's back for real next week at Denver.

He sat out last week. I bet he sits out this week, or maybe is active and gets five or six carries to get back in the flow..... but I'm guessing he's back for real next week at Denver.

With Bush proving more than capable this past week, I'm not sure what "back for real" is going to mean. I have a feeling its going to be a situation where the hot hand gets the rock, potentially leaving fantasy owners in disbelief when a guy they started goes for 8 carries in a game where the other RB goes for 17 carries.

The problem here is how much do you trust Bush? One big game is nice and SF isn't great, but.......

You can trust Bush. He's come through with every opportunity he's gotten. Like others have said, it'll be one more week with Bush getting the majority of work, then it'll be a full on crapshoot thereafter. That's my guess anyway...

Now its Bush job to lose.

Coach Tom Cable confirmed Wednesday that Michael Bush will retain the Raiders' starting tailback job with Darren McFadden (hamstring) due back in Week 6 against San Francisco.

Cable expects McFadden to be active against the Niners, but only as Bush's backup "since McFadden's not 100 percent." The Raiders entered the season planning to rely on a true feature back, and have stuck to their guns to this point. Coming off an upset win over San Diego in which Bush generated 135 yards and a touchdown, it'd be illogical to upset the flow of the backfield. Expect 20-plus touches again for Bush in Week 6. He could formally pass McFadden on the depth chart with another big game and Raiders win.

I think the base case scenario if you own either player (for the record, I own McFadden) is that one of them is hurt, whether it is your guy or not. They have both proven to be solid backs, so if both are healthy, both are going to play. You don't sit a legitimate weapon on the bench because you have some "feature back" philosophy you must adhere to. As the swammi said, this points to a "hot hand RBBC" situation. Frankly, I'd rather have McFadden out and know to start one of my other backs (like the situation this week and last) than have him be 100%, start him, and watch Bush go off. Of course, my own personal best-cast-scenario is for Bush to go down and McFadden to stay healthy the rest of the year, but we don't live in a perfect world.

It appears McFadden, who missed three games as a rookie with turf toe and four games last season with minor knee surgery, will miss his second straight game after the best sustained play of his career through the first four games.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010...ork-out-in-s-f/

I don't wish anything bad on the guy, but :wacko: I could use Bush for awhile.

McFadden, Bush take turns in Raiders practice

Darren McFadden - RB - Oakland RaidersMore team news

Today - 3:45 PM ET

Darren McFadden (hamstring) and Michael Bush alternated with the Raiders' first-team offense in practice Wednesday.

The workout, however, was "not even half-speed," so McFadden didn't really test the hamstring by opening up and running. We'll know more about his status on Thursday, but it's a safe bet that he'll be a game-time decision again. The Broncos can't stop the run, so Bush will be a must-start RB2 if McFadden is out or "limited," despite struggling against the 49ers in Week 6.

Source: Vittorio Tafur on Twitter

Sounds like 1 more week possibly of Bush

Darren McFadden - RB - Raiders

Darren McFadden stated Friday that he believes he stands a 70 percent chance of playing in Sunday's game at Denver.

McFadden did admit the hamstring is still "a little tight," and practiced on a limited basis all week. With Kyle Boller apparently slated to start, the Raiders are likely to go extremely run heavy against the Broncos' No. 25 rush defense. Michael Bush will probably start,