[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Glazer: Vikings, Patriots talking trade for Moss

robert terni

The question nobody has asked yet - how does this effect ADP? I own him in 2 leagues and I think this hurts him. Favre has proven time and again that he'd rather throw than run. Look at last year, ADP was not used properly, IMO. I know he had 18 TDs but without a viable WR this year, ADP is on a mad pace.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If moss went to minny, am I the only one who thinks Harvin's value goes way up?

I don't really see it that way. Harvin was going to have a larger role than anticipated going forward anyway, I wouldn't move his value based on this one way or the other. You never know though with gunslinger. Gunslingers ankle is my biggest concern in this whole new dynamic. I dont' trust it, or headache Harvin enough to give a bounce to any Viking here except Moss. Assuming he becomes one.

I agree that Hernandez value is gonna sky rocket...he's gonna be an instant steal for whoever his him in my opinion

I'm a NE homer and Hernandez owner and I'm not sure what to think of it. I'm leaning more towards it hurting almost every remaining receiver's value because I don't think that teams will really focus on Tate...not sure what Tate's potential is, but probably not enough for teams to double him.

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Pats say "there is no trade"

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2010 8:53 PM ET

Rumor quickly became reality on Tuesday night, with FOX's Jay Glazer reporting that the Patriots are close to shipping receiver Randy Moss back to the Vikings.

Now, the Minnesota and Boston media are pursuing the story like Homer chasing a chocolate-filled Uter with a wet towel.

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots are saying "there is no trade." In this regard, conjugation could be critical. They're not saying "there will be no trade." They're only saying "there is no trade." And Glazer hasn't reported that there "is" a trade.

Rapoport also reports that he's told a trade is not "done," but he confirms that a trade is being discussed.

Albert Breer, formerly of the Boston Globe and now with NFL Network (congrats, by the way, Mr. Breer) reports that "no one is shooting this down, when given the chance to" and "omething's happening."

So stay tuned. We'll be on this thing all night if need be.

After all, that kid has bosoms.

I don't really see it that way. Harvin was going to have a larger role than anticipated going forward anyway, I wouldn't move his value based on this one way or the other. You never know though with gunslinger. Gunslingers ankle is my biggest concern in this whole new dynamic. I dont' trust it, or headache Harvin enough to give a bounce to any Viking here except Moss. Assuming he becomes one.

Yes, but now Moss stretches the field, defenses have to worry about ADP's running game, and Harvin is having a party playing slot. (not to mention shiancoe).

Yes, but now Moss stretches the field, defenses have to worry about ADP's running game, and Harvin is having a party playing slot. (not to mention shiancoe).

Yeah, but what I am saying is I anticipated going forward Harvin to be a much bigger target in the offense if things stayed status quo. I sensed he and Favre were starting to get in sync in that last game, I'm just not sure getting Moss will change his numbers that much, but he should come about them easier as you say.

IF Moss goes to the Vikings I think the following happens....

Harvin's value goes up

Favre's value goes up

AP's value is about what it was last year

Welker's value goes down

Brady's value goes down

Hernandez's value goes up

New England run game value goes up....it can't go anywhere else

I think the biggest jump in value is to Favre..... he was great last year because they couldn't double Rice and keep enough guys in the box to stop AP. This also makes 3rd down a LOT easier than it is for MN right now. Use Moss to run guys off, force more zone as very few if any corners can play Moss 1 on 1 respectably and open up pockets for Harvin, Shaincoe who struggle vs. man coverage....

I don't really see how it benefits NE..... seems to me that ego is getting the best of Wild Bill again. Can they win without him??? Sure, but I don't think they can win the Superbowl without him

Biggest loser in this scenario is . . .

The rest of the NFC North . . I thought we were rid of this guy already. :wacko:

I don't really see how it benefits NE..... seems to me that ego is getting the best of Wild Bill again. Can they win without him??? Sure, but I don't think they can win the Superbowl without him

They didn't win it with him. :wacko:

As a moss owner I didn't know what to think when I heard that he might be headed to the vikes... At 1st I thought it was terrible but now I'm thinking it might be the best scenario for this season...favre is dying to have a go to guy like he did with rice last year...and with ap keeping the defenses guessing it's gonna open up big plays favre to moss...and if they start doubling moss, favre will have Harvin or shank or just make them pay by feeding ap...eventually they won't be able to double moss all day which will open up more opportunitys to moss.

What is most curious is that if Moss is traded this week, he won't have a BYE and will end up playing 17 regular season games. Has that ever happened before?

As a Moss owner, all I can say is I will bust a nut if he ends up in Minnesota. If there's one thing Favre will do, it's chuck the rock for Moss to go and fetch. This trade makes a ton of sense. Reminds me of when they moved Richard Seymour a little. They can get a decent pick for Moss, and Moss will instantly validate the Minny passing game.

I'll be pretty pissed if this is some beat writer's imagination at work.

What is most curious is that if Moss is traded this week, he won't have a BYE and will end up playing 17 regular season games. Has that ever happened before?

Wow, deja vu. Yes, it has happened several times.

Biggest loser in this scenario is . . .

The rest of the NFC North . . I thought we were rid of this guy already. :wacko:

Really. He's feasted on the Packers secondary like a fat guy at a buffett.

Yes, it's happened a few times. Though I'd argue that Moss took his bye in week 4 with the rest of the Vikings. :wacko:

Safe to say that Rice is done for the season?

Looking that way isn't it. Still on crutches I think?

Man what a day, I'm a Lynch owner, a Spiller owner, and a Hernandez owner in various leagues, Time to decompress...

I dunno...Moss's value is obviously down in NE based on his performance so far...but going to Minny with the way Favre has been playing? I just don't see a huge jump in his value.

I think if this happens it hurts Brady, it hurts Welker...but I won't sign up to a big jump for Moss, not sure if Fave can still deliver the goods.

What is even MORE curious is that if Moss is traded this week, he will have played in back to back Monday night games...has that ever happened before ?