[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Glazer: Vikings, Patriots talking trade for Moss

robert terni

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest rumor is that AD goes to Pats if Moss agrees to an extension, Pats send AD to The Packers for Jennings and a 2nd round pick

what?

AD? as in ADP?

sorry that just makes no sense at all unless AD is someone else.

Edited by Dcat

Wilf told McCombs not to do any deals while he was in the process of buying the Vikes. McCombs then traded away Moss. I heard that Zygi was PO'd about that. If this is true, than I have nothing but good things to say about the Wilf ownership. The Vikes are at the bottom for league revenue but are still making the improvements needed to win.

Edited by MikesVikes

Has to be Tate. Randy will be the subject of 10 targets per game in Minny, which is about double what he's been getting in NE. Now can this get done by Monday so us Moss owners get 17 games out of him?

And I don't see how Moss leaving will really help anyone other than Tate, and that's merely because he'll get more reps/snaps. With Moss gone, he won't be drawing 2 and 3 defenders away from the other receivers and out of the box - I think this hurts everyone else's production, including the running game.

Interesting thought. What if a player were to set some kind of single-season record for TD's, or catches or yards or something and he did it in 17 games because he was traded and didn't get a bye? Would he get some kind of Maris-esque asterisk?

Interesting thought. What if a player were to set some kind of single-season record for TD's, or catches or yards or something and he did it in 17 games because he was traded and didn't get a bye? Would he get some kind of Maris-esque asterisk?

This will be a moot point as soon as the 18 game regular season schedule kicks in... but in general I'd say there would/should be an asterisk.

I would take Moss!

AP, Moss, Harvin, Shaincoe and Rice (when he comes back) equals a lot of NICE weapons!

Moss would have to reach some kind of extension for the trade to happen. I can assure you that the Vikigns aren't going to have the kind of cash to extend Moss and Rice.

They're going all in this year.

Moss would have to reach some kind of extension for the trade to happen. I can assure you that the Vikigns aren't going to have the kind of cash to extend Moss and Rice.

They're going all in this year.

Per FoxSports' Jay Glazer, the Vikings and Patriots may end up consummating a Randy Moss trade without a new contract "if it comes down to it."

The St. Paul Pioneer-Press confirms that the Vikings' interest in a Randy Moss trade is "genuine."

Moss would obviously fill the same glaring need that the Vikes were trying to address with their fruitless pursuit of Vincent Jackson. ESPN's John Clayton believes nothing is going to happen Tuesday night, but talks should continue on Wednesday -- or even throughout the night. FoxSports' Jay Glazer similarly reports that talks remain alive and should "pick up some more in the morning."

Ok, I'm not up to date on NFL rules and what teams can and can't due past certain dates and so forth..............but, could NE try to work something out with SD to get Vincent Jackson to replace Moss and have him play this year? Or has his time come and gone?

Doesn't make sense. I can't imagine Favre returning next year, which means Tavaris will be the one throwing to Moss. Sounds combustible...

Which is why I'm not heartbroken if this happens. The Vikings will have there best lineup possible and if it doesn't work, no excuses... Then it'll be rebuild time for a few years.

Ok, I'm not up to date on NFL rules and what teams can and can't due past certain dates and so forth..............but, could NE try to work something out with SD to get Vincent Jackson to replace Moss and have him play this year? Or has his time come and gone?

I highly doubt that would happen, but AJ Smith isn't backing off of his demands for Jackson, then New England would have to agree on a contract extension, which wouldn't make much sense as he's already been in trouble with the league for being a knucklehead and what not. If they somehow managed to get something that works I think he'd be able to return as soon as week 7.