[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What will Moss do in Minn

moopyjiggles

lets see if he gets there first....I'm kind of doubting things will work out....

they'll work out - bridges have been burned and Pats would love to get a 3rd round pick in return for giving up Randy's final 8 games . . .

I don't see the problem with multiple threads if they all have their own specific focus. I don't want to read 19 posts about whether Brandon Tate is going to be a good pickup if I'm trying to gauge Moss' value in Minny.

Can we get some discussion going here? How soon after a trade does a WR have value? Camarillo hasn't exactly lit it up in Minny and apparently struggled to learn the terminology.

But Moss is a different kind of receiver. A la - Braylon Edwards on Monday night against Miami last year, 5-64-1 the week after his trade.

Do you start Moss on Monday night? I think I may have too, given my other crappy options. I'd certainly take 5-64-1.

Edited by The Waterboy

I personally think Moss is gonna blow up in Minny. Favre loves WRs who go up and get the ball, that's why Rice was so awesome last year. Barring an injury to Favre, I see a big year for Moss. I mean, MIN has an explosive running game, good O-line and another explosive slot WR in Harvin. They have the perfect balance on offense to maximize Moss's ceiling. I tried desparately to trade for Moss in my two big leagues last night. Right now I'm on the verge of trading DeSean and Calvin for Moss - I know I'm giving up a lot but that's how much I believe in the upside here.

I think it improves Peterson alot. Moss will be playing jump ball with Favre's lobs on play action, now too. The dome misses Randy :wacko:

I actually think this hurts AP. Favre has proven that he trusts his arm more than other players - he will audible into pass plays more than he will audible into run plays. Peterson is on pace to have a career year because they haven't had a viable receiving option. Now that they do, I think AP suffers a little bit. He will still have 15+ TDs but get used to 80-100 yard games vs 120+ yard games.

i have AP and i liked the way things were going so im not happy right now......i guess he could possibly pop off longer runs now but his touches running and recieving will probalby drop......

as far as moss....i predict him to have a huge 1st game...good 2nd game...and then who knows....but i doubt favre makes it to the end of the year so what will happen when tavaris jackson tries to connect with moss

what will happen when tavaris jackson tries to connect with moss

God, if he could turn Culpepper into a stud, why not Jackson or ...who is the other guy there? Rosenfels?

As a Moss owner, I think he HAD to get out of the New England offense. They just haven't been using him effectively. Perhaps it was the turnover in OCs, perhaps (and this is my suspicion) Brady just can't get the deep ball to him like he used to (continually underthrown, overthrown).

I love Farve to Moss, I'll take Jackson or whoever to Moss....on fly routes, just put it up and let him go get it...worst case, it's an INT/punt.

And when Rice comes back...Moss in single coverage...

Edited by The Waterboy

I don't see the problem with multiple threads if they all have their own specific focus. I don't want to read 19 posts about whether Brandon Tate is going to be a good pickup if I'm trying to gauge Moss' value in Minny.

Can we get some discussion going here? How soon after a trade does a WR have value? Camarillo hasn't exactly lit it up in Minny and apparently struggled to learn the terminology.

But Moss is a different kind of receiver. A la - Braylon Edwards on Monday night against Miami last year, 5-64-1 the week after his trade.

Do you start Moss on Monday night? I think I may have too, given my other crappy options. I'd certainly take 5-64-1.

On ESPN, Chris Carter was saying that Randy won't really have to pick up all the offense right away, that Brett will be happy to call the play like this: "84 Dash Right Cowboy - Randy, line up wide left and run a deep in."

As a Moss owner, I think he HAD to get out of the New England offense. They just haven't been using him effectively. Perhaps it was the turnover in OCs, perhaps (and this is my suspicion) Brady just can't get the deep ball to him like he used to (continually underthrown, overthrown).

perhaps Moss was simply dogging it because he didn't have a contract and was waiting to get traded out of town . . .

perhaps Moss was simply dogging it because he didn't have a contract and was waiting to get traded out of town . . .

Wait, are you implying that Randy would "dog it" in a deliberate attempt to get traded and then suddenly appear revitalized with his new team? That's crazy talk.

Some sub-questions got hinted at here. First of all, I think this puts Moss solidly in the Top 5 receivers going forward, especially with no bye. I think he's a lock for one TD and possibly two on Monday. The yardage depends on if he catches the bomb or just a couple jump calls in the end zone. My questions are about how this affects the other players, fantasy-wise:

Where does Favre rank now? Do you start him Monday? -I'm a Favre owner, so have a vested interest

What about Brady? Not Top 5 anymore, maybe out of the Top 15. Remember, he didn't start throwing tons of TDs every year until Moss showed up.

How does this affect Wes Welker (also an owner)? Obviously, the knee must be pretty good. They seem to have lots of options in the passing game, but certainly no dominant threat anymore. Does Wes just keep churning out catches? Do his TDs go up or down?