[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

REVIS MOSS REMATCH

ajfalcone

Color me stupid. Why is Moss playing against the Cowboys so incredibly special?

He's destroyed them at least a couple time IIRC. The one I remember the most is the Thanksgiving Day game. He caught a couple TDs and just embarassed them.

Now someone can chime in with the actual stats...bottom line he's a Cowboy killer!

Moss was under the assumption Dallas was going to draft him. He's had it out for the Cowboys since. Jerry thinks he finally atoned for his sins this year by selecting Dez Bryant...

Old article, pre-Pats: http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/...oy_killing.html

Randy Moss stood outside the D/FW Marriott following his pre-draft visit to the Cowboys and vowed to make every team that passed on him pay. Reckon Jerry should have listened.

Moss went 5-0 against the Cowboys wearing No. 84 for the Vikings. He went 1-0 wearing No. 18 with the Raiders. He has 20 catches for 675 yards and 10 TDs in six games against America's Team. I see no reason why he shouldn't pad those stats wearing No. 81 for the Patriots.

A game-by-game look at how Moss has carried out his vendetta against the Cowboys:

Vikings 46, Cowboys 36 (Thanksgiving Day 1998) -- A spin doctor would say that the Cowboys held Moss to three catches. Too bad they were all long touchdowns. Moss' pretty much cemented his Rookie of the Year status by blowing up for 163 yards and three TDs on national TV. Poor Jerry was ambushed with questions forcing him to justify taking Greg Ellis in the first round.

Vikings 27, Cowboys 17 (Nov. 8, 1999) -- The Cowboys were rolling until Emmitt Smith, who rushed for 140 yards in less than a half, left the game after breaking his hand on his second TD run. It was all Minnesota from there. Moss contributed six catches for 91 yards and two TDs to the Viking comeback cause.

Vikings 27, Cowboys 10 (Jan. 9, 2000) -- Moss helped end the Chan Gailey era in Dallas by catching five passes for 127 yards and a TD in the Vikings' wild-card win. His TD was the biggest play of the game -- a 58-yard bomb in the final minute of the first half that gave Minnesota the lead for good.

Vikings 27, Cowboys 15 (Nov. 23, 2000) -- Moss put on another show in his second Texas Stadium visit, catching seven passes for 144 yards and two TDs. "Anytime it's a big game in front of a national audience, I just want to show people what I can do," he said after the game. "And I want to show them they did mess up on draft day."

Vikings 35, Cowboys 17 (Sept. 12, 2004) -- Moss was a decoy for most of the game, after which Bill Parcells called out a Cowboys defense that allowed five touchdown passes. Moss was held to four catches for 27 yards, but he scored twice.

Raiders 19, Cowboys 13 (Oct. 3, 2005) -- Moss didn't pad his touchdown total, but he caught four passes for 123 yards.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe