[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis out 4-6

theeohiostate

Remember "fragile" fred taylor? in his rook year(98) he played in 15 games....99: 10 games, 00: 13 games & 01: 2 games....fred surely looked like he deserved the "Fragile" moniker...but then all he did was play in each game for the next two years (yep 32 straight)....people that dismissed him because of his previous injuries then missed out on a 1722 total yard 8 TD season in 02 and a 1942 total yard 7 TD season....just something to chew on is all.

and I should point out that I am not saying that Torain is as talented as Fred but rather using how injured Fred was to point out that players can overcome what is perceived to be an injury prone persona

But only He Man can overcome Skeletor.

Sometimes people put forth trade scenarios that are completely ridiculous. This make a lot of sense. :wacko:

considering that the Panthers aren't really going anywhere this year I don't know how much sense it makes...the really do like LaFell and Gettis as young guys at WR and remember DWill is a FA after this year....if they don't re-sign him then not having Goodson wouldn't be such a wise thing.

Clinton Portis could be done in Washington

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 6, 2010 6:38 PM ET

We've assumed for a while that this would be Clinton Portis' last season in Washington. But is the season already over after only four games?

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan announced earlier Wednesday that Portis would miss 4-6 weeks with a third-degree separation of his left groin. Jason Reid of the Washington Post believes the absence may be permanent.

"Could Portis eventually return to the lineup after rehabbing from a third-degree separation of his left groin? Sure. Anything is possible," Reid writes.

Reading between the lines, Reid must have more information to suggest Portis won't be back when the team announced otherwise. It's never good when the phrase "torn off the bone" and "groin" are in the same sentence.

Portis also has a history of seasons ending early; he missed the final seven games of the 2006 season with a hand injury and the final nine games of the 2009 season with a concussion.

Portis will wind up getting paid $7.7 million this year, $6.4 million of which Redskins owner Dan Snyder was kind enough to guarantee for his old assistant G.M. The guaranteed money is the only reason Portis is still on this team, and there's no chance he'll be back next year when he's due $8.3 million.

The end is rarely kind to workhorse running backs and Portis appears to be no exception. His decline began after he signed his last contract before the 2008 season, and it has only sped up the last two years

:wacko: i believe we are witnessing the final chapter on a long career. i really believe Torain may have some real value going forward. -my main concern is who is going to pass protect?

Edited by hooknladder

considering that the Panthers aren't really going anywhere this year I don't know how much sense it makes...the really do like LaFell and Gettis as young guys at WR and remember DWill is a FA after this year....if they don't re-sign him then not having Goodson wouldn't be such a wise thing.

Sometimes you post stuff using selective stats that doesn't really make a lot of sense. This post makes a lot of sense. :tup:

:wacko:

people that dismissed him because of his previous injuries then missed out on a 1722 total yard 8 TD season in 02 and a 1942 total yard 7 TD season....just something to chew on is all.

I'm not dismissing Torain. I'm just saying there's some relevant information there. And assuming Torain doesn't come with baggage or carries the same baggage as 'any other RB' is just wrong. I hope for Torain and his FF owners to be proven very wrong.

Edited by kingfish247