[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints Homers - Any insight on PT v. Ivory v. Betts?

wpayers

PT (ankle) didn't practice Wed or Thurs. Ivory (knee) practiced in full yesterday. We'll have to wait till later today for Friday's practice report.

Looking at the box score from last week, you would think Ivory (12 touches) and Betts (17 touches) were pretty even. However, Betts played for 58 of the snaps and Ivory only had 16 snaps. A huge difference. Some of that stemmed from Ivory going into doghouse after his 2nd quarter fumble but thats quite a difference in plays regardless.

As a PT owner, I picked up Betts in case he can't go this week.

Edited by myhousekey

According to Adam Schefter, "Pierre Thomas is unlikely to play against Arizona".

I'm going with Betts again this week but I believe Ivory will be getting the carries around the goal line.

Edited by v0dka

Betts had more snaps and they love Betts ability to block and pass protect, but Ivory is more explosive and has better ability up the middle. Ivory should get any and all GL carries so there is more potential for Ivory to get a TD versus Betts. PT, apparently when he got a little bit of work in last weeks game, after they took the bandages off so he could enter, his ankle swelled pretty crazy. I just don't see Peyton damaging his starting back. He gets rest this week, especially against a soft D as the Cardinals are.

I've read/heard about Ivory getting the goal line work as welll.

In last weeks game Betts got a carry from the 4 in the 1st quarter (3 yard loss). Later in the 3rd quarter Ivory got a carry from the 9 (1 yard loss)

That was it for carries inside the 10 yard line.

I like Betts added pass catching ability which makes him a more valuable FF RB to me.

Hopefully both have good games this weekend if PT can't go.

I am a PT owner and just picked up Ivory instead of Betts as a Flex (amazingly both were available). Here's my logic for Ivory over Betts:

- Betts will see more recieving opportunities BUT this is not a PPR league.

- Ivory is more likely the G/L back. Saints WILL put up points this weekend

- AZ is poor against run and likely to allow long runs - Ivory is the explosive RB of the two

- Saints will most likely be ahead for most of the game and will pound the run in the 2nd half.