[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question/Problem with MFL website

Sprtfan

Hi, I was hoping someone here might be able to help. Last night waviers cleared and I was given my 3rd choice instead of my still available 2 choice. Picking up my 2nd choice would not have put me over a roster limit but the system made me pick up a QB first since the Commish (at my request) move an injured Vick to the IR spot that dropped me below the 2 required QB spots filled. I was going to pick up a QB in a later round to meet the 2 QB on roster requirement.

I guess my question is, is there a easy way to reset rosters and rerun the waivers in the MFL software? Thanks for any help

(sorry if this is the wrong place not really sure where to post this)

Your commish has a button under his "For Commissioners" column that say "Delete Transactions". Have him delete the transactions and then rerun waivers manually. I run them manually every week - takes 10 minutes even when there are heavy transactions and it avoids any headaches like this.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Your commish has a button under his "For Commissioners" column that say "Delete Transactions". Have him delete the transactions and then rerun waivers manually. I run them manually every week - takes 10 minutes even when there are heavy transactions and it avoids any headaches like this.

Thanks for the info. I'll let him know.

Does the commish manually run waivers or are they processed automatically?

Either way, the most likely reason that you didn't get your better choice is that the waiver request wasn't put in properly. Example, did you specificy which player you wanted to drop? Was that player you wanted to drop already dropped from a previous waiver round? You can't drop the same player twice. There are many ways to screw up your waiver requests. If the waivers run automatically (with no commish input) than the computer doesn't just give you your third choice instead of your second choice for no reason. If the commish manually does waivers, than he has to manually change the player of your highest choice to your next choice and why would he do that?

Does the commish manually run waivers or are they processed automatically?

Either way, the most likely reason that you didn't get your better choice is that the waiver request wasn't put in properly. Example, did you specificy which player you wanted to drop? Was that player you wanted to drop already dropped from a previous waiver round? You can't drop the same player twice. There are many ways to screw up your waiver requests. If the waivers run automatically (with no commish input) than the computer doesn't just give you your third choice instead of your second choice for no reason. If the commish manually does waivers, than he has to manually change the player of your highest choice to your next choice and why would he do that?

That's true. If you place waivers and the first round is processed and eliminates a player on your roster that you used for a second round choice, mfl recognizes that your request is no longer valid because you don't have that player on your roster to waive any longer.

It's quite possible that you screwed it up - it's been a problem I've seen a lot more. In fact, every season I've had to go through the waiver process at least 3 times with different owners who didn't understand why they didn't get a certain player (we use conditional bids, which takes a bit more understanding from owners).

I had two roster spots open so the only thing that should have stopped the picked was if it would put me over the roster limit for the position and it did not. In the first round, I asked for Torain drop none, Tate drop none and Kolb drop none. Torain was gone before my turn but Tate was still there but I was given Kolb instead. The commish and I both looked through stuff and it seems it wouldn't let me pick up someone until my roster minimum for QB was set. At least we couldn't see any other problem with the way things were.

Also - "Delete Transactions" ONLY deletes the record of them, it does not undo them. The commish has to manually add/drop your team back to its pre-processed roster THEN re-do everything.

That sucks, I thought it actually deleted the transactions. It will probably stay as is then. Its a little bit of a weird set up. If we have an injured QB and only have two on your roster, you have to drop someone and add a QB before you can send your injured QB to the IR. Then you have to pick the person you just dropped (or someone else) back up. We charge for transactions so it adds an unneeded transaction to add another QB and you also can't pick up the dropped player until the following week and only then if someone else dosen't beat you to them. Thanks for the help

I had two roster spots open so the only thing that should have stopped the picked was if it would put me over the roster limit for the position and it did not. In the first round, I asked for Torain drop none, Tate drop none and Kolb drop none. Torain was gone before my turn but Tate was still there but I was given Kolb instead. The commish and I both looked through stuff and it seems it wouldn't let me pick up someone until my roster minimum for QB was set. At least we couldn't see any other problem with the way things were.

Go into Reports -> Franchise -> Previously Processed Waivers. It will tell you why your waivers were processed as they were.

Round 1:

Add Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB

Add Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Higher priority request fulfilled.)

Add Torain, Ryan WAS RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Higher priority request fulfilled.)

Add Hester, Devin CHI WR and drop Tate, Golden SEA WR (Higher priority request fulfilled.)

Submitted Tue Sep 28 9:01:49 a.m. ET 2010

Round 2:

Add Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Player to add is already on roster.)

Add Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Player to drop is no longer on roster.)

Add Torain, Ryan WAS RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Player to drop is no longer on roster.)

Add Hester, Devin CHI WR and drop Tate, Golden SEA WR

Submitted Tue Sep 28 9:02:00 a.m. ET 2010

Your commish can just use Commissioner -> Setup -> Load/Unload rosters to make a change for you. No record will exist of the transaction however. Are you locked out of doing another one right now? Can't the commish just go change the rule restricting you from doing one add/drop then changing it back when you are done?

Edited by flemingd

If we have an injured QB and only have two on your roster, you have to drop someone and add a QB before you can send your injured QB to the IR. Then you have to pick the person you just dropped (or someone else) back up. We charge for transactions so it adds an unneeded transaction to add another QB and you also can't pick up the dropped player until the following week and only then if someone else dosen't beat you to them. Thanks for the help

This is solved by how you set up your roster requirements. There's a note in Commissioner -> Setup -> Roster Position Limits:

Hint: Leagues that use injured reserve (and/or taxi squad) often times have a lot of additional problems if they also use roster position limits that are too restrictive. See our Help Center for more details on how to avoid this problem .

1. Owners cannot perform IR (or taxi squad) moves because of roster position limits - how can I fix this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: This occurs when you have Roster Position Limits too strictly defined. The system enforces roster position limits at all times, so, for example, if you require two QBs on your roster, and you currently have two, and you try to deactivate one of those QBs to IR, the system will prevent you from doing that because it is enforcing your roster position limits.

To correct this problem, you will need to either reduce or remove your Roster Position Minimum values on the For Commissioner > Setup > Roster Position Limits Setup in order to allow players to be deactivated to injured reserve (or demoted to taxi squad).

Go into Reports -> Franchise -> Previously Processed Waivers. It will tell you why your waivers were processed as they were.

Round 1:

Add Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB

Add Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Higher priority request fulfilled.)

Add Torain, Ryan WAS RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Higher priority request fulfilled.)

Add Hester, Devin CHI WR and drop Tate, Golden SEA WR (Higher priority request fulfilled.)

Submitted Tue Sep 28 9:01:49 a.m. ET 2010

Round 2:

Add Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Player to add is already on roster.)

Add Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Player to drop is no longer on roster.)

Add Torain, Ryan WAS RB and drop Davis, James CLE RB (Player to drop is no longer on roster.)

Add Hester, Devin CHI WR and drop Tate, Golden SEA WR

Submitted Tue Sep 28 9:02:00 a.m. ET 2010

Your commish can just use Commissioner -> Setup -> Load/Unload rosters to make a change for you. No record will exist of the transaction however. Are you locked out of doing another one right now? Can't the commish just go change the rule restricting you from doing one add/drop then changing it back when you are done?

Thanks for the info.. Here is the message I get

Add Tate, Brandon NEP WR and drop None (Error - Transaction Would Create An Invalid Roster

At Least 2 QB Are Required On Your Roster)