[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys at the Quarter Pole

Cowboyz1

We sit here at the quarter way mark of this year's season and what do we know? What do we not know? and lastly What do we wanna know and wonder about.

Take for instance The KC chiefs. Sitting here as the only undefeated team in the league. So I say to myself, KC=Denver of last year, with a new coach and some new young talent. Orton looking like, dare I say P.Manning. Ok I know that KC is not that good. I just know it. But hey their 3-0. So let's go to the East, the NFC east of course.

Dallas could and should be better than they are record wise but they aren't. Due solely to poor execution and a couple of blocks that look more like some prank in a Jackass movie. I mean Romo is on top of his game as he has been his entire career. Averages 300+ yards per game with a modest 4 TD's. 2 picks of tip balls ok. But more importantly, VERY few if any "why in the heck did you throw that" passes. Protecting the football has improved dramatically.

Dez is the real deal. I don't know if anyone saw it but the catch he made that was ruled out of bounds, in the left corner of the endzone was f..I NOM..MIN...AL. I mean dead run, see the ball, to a 180 in full stride and position himself to catch the ball cleanly mind you and fall to the ground with total control. You guy are about to see something special from this kid.

Roy Williams, thank you Roy for playing to your potential. I really like Roy and how he's handled everything. Truth is Romo was more at fault for Roy production or lack thereof. I watched a lot of Cowboys games and Romo's passes to Roy were High and behind him more often the not. He almost got him killed a few times also. A receiver like Roy needs and wants the ball on the move. He is not a start and stop receiver. He likes to catch on the run. Romo's throws to Witten are over the shoulder down the seam or into his stomach on a comebacker. Witten sits in zones while Roy likes to run through them. Romo is now getting him the ball where he can catch it and on the move. Roy is going to have a very good year. Catching and rolling down the field being tackled from behind or scoring. I said 1000 yards and 11TD's. I stick by it.

The D is solid as it should be when it wants to be. They can just about shut down anyone for the most part. The safety play is still a question mark but few deep passes get caught. The goal line stand against the Texans showed me a lot about the toughness of this team.

Washingtion beat us in a game that could have gone either way and lived up to the promise of weird things happen when Dallas plays Washington. It just does. The Skins are not that good of a football team. I know that. They will be 500 or slightly better. Mcnabb still drills the ball into the turf at the receivers feet like always, then makes a great seem pass over the middle to his TE. Just a team with not enough talent around.

Giants; well they about got arrested against the Bears. You could make a case for Jay pouching. You could definitely make a case for assault with multiple weapons. I mean the D of the giants just plain got after the Bears. However, Eli in co. just seem to struggle. I have no idea where this team is heading but I know this. Jacobs is a big fat baby with a big mouth. He will not be with the Giants next year and looks like he's packed it in for the year. Bradshaw looks like the Tasmanian Devil out there but I fear his legs can't' take the centrifugal force. Dallas should beat them twice.

Philly, I know this. Without Vick, they are through. I don't know what they saw in Kolb but I certainly don't see it. Truthfully, it think either Andy knew Vick was better all along but wanted to keep his word and let Kolb run the show. Or Vick just shocked everyone including Andy as to how good he can be on some Sundays. I say Some Sundays for a reason. Vick did the same thing in Atlanta. Wowed us with is legs and wowed us with his deep ball to Roddy White. That said, Vick is going to have his good days but running in this league is a risk and defenses know how to punish a QB trying to fight that extra yard. Especially if you have made them chase you all game long. As he found out last week. So Philly must have Vick on the field to put up points and have any chance of winning consistently. Dallas should beat them twice also. With or without Vick.

So at the quarter pole we know this. 1-2 in the division is not where you want to be but of the three teams ahead of Cowboys none of them should be better then 9-7 IMO.

So at the Quarter mark in the season, my prediction is wins. Starting with the Titans in convincing fashion. The Cowboys are 3-0 after a bye under Wade, and have had a week off to rest up, heal up and prepare to stop the Number 1 pick in most all Fanstasy Drafts and last years 2000 yard rusher. I say we stop him which will cause FF'ers who own him to panic, while at the same forcing Vince into mistakes. The Cowboys looked to put it all together again but with more upmffff this weekend.

Cowboys go to 2-2 and kicks of Dezmania.

Cowboys 35- Titans 13

Edited by Cowboyz1

We sit here at the quarter way mark of this year's season and what do we know? What do we not know? and lastly What do we wanna know and wonder about.

Take for instance The KC chiefs. Sitting here as the only undefeated team in the league. So I say to myself, KC=Denver of last year, with a new coach and some new young talent. Orton looking like, dare I say P.Manning. Ok I know that KC is not that good. I just know it. But hey their 3-0. So let's go to the East, the NFC east of course.

Dallas could and should be better than they are record wise but they aren't. Due solely to poor execution and a couple of blocks that look more like some prank in a Jackass movie. I mean Romo is on top of his game as he has been his entire career. Averages 300+ yards per game with a modest 4 TD's. 2 picks of tip balls ok. But more importantly, VERY few if any "why in the heck did you throw that" passes. Protecting the football has improved dramatically.

Dez is the real deal. I don't know if anyone saw it but the catch he made that was ruled out of bounds, in the left corner of the endzone was f..I NOM..MIN...AL. I mean dead run, see the ball, to a 180 in full stride and position himself to catch the ball cleanly mind you and fall to the ground with total control. You guy are about to see something special from this kid.

Roy Williams, thank you Roy for playing to your potential. I really like Roy and how he's handled everything. Truth is Romo was more at fault for Roy production or lack thereof. I watched a lot of Cowboys games and Romo's passes to Roy were High and behind him more often the not. He almost got him killed a few times also. A receiver like Roy needs and wants the ball on the move. He is not a start and stop receiver. He likes to catch on the run. Romo's throws to Witten are over the shoulder down the seam or into his stomach on a comebacker. Witten sits in zones while Roy likes to run through them. Romo is now getting him the ball where he can catch it and on the move. Roy is going to have a very good year. Catching and rolling down the field being tackled from behind or scoring. I said 1000 yards and 11TD's. I stick by it.

The D is solid as it should be when it wants to be. They can just about shut down anyone for the most part. The safety play is still a question mark but few deep passes get caught. The goal line stand against the Texans showed me a lot about the toughness of this team.

Washingtion beat us in a game that could have gone either way and lived up to the promise of weird things happen when Dallas plays Washington. It just does. The Skins are not that good of a football team. I know that. They will be 500 or slightly better. Mcnabb still drills the ball into the turf at the receivers feet like always, then makes a great seem pass over the middle to his TE. Just a team with not enough talent around.

Giants; well they about got arrested against the Bears. You could make a case for Jay pouching. You could definitely make a case for assault with multiple weapons. I mean the D of the giants just plain got after the Bears. However, Eli in co. just seem to struggle. I have no idea where this team is heading but I know this. Jacobs is a big fat baby with a big mouth. He will not be with the Giants next year and looks like he's packed it in for the year. Bradshaw looks like the Tasmanian Devil out there but I fear his legs can't' take the centrifugal force. Dallas should beat them twice.

Philly, I know this. Without Vick, they are through. I don't know what they saw in Kolb but I certainly don't see it. Truthfully, it think either Andy knew Vick was better all along but wanted to keep his word and let Kolb run the show. Or Vick just shocked everyone including Andy as to how good he can be on some Sundays. I say Some Sundays for a reason. Vick did the same thing in Atlanta. Wowed us with is legs and wowed us with his deep ball to Roddy White. That said, Vick is going to have his good days but running in this league is a risk and defenses know how to punish a QB trying to fight that extra yard. Especially if you have made them chase you all game long. As he found out last week. So Philly must have Vick on the field to put up points and have any chance of winning consistently. Dallas should beat them twice also. With or without Vick.

So at the quarter pole we know this. 1-2 in the division is not where you want to be but of the three teams ahead of Cowboys none of them should be better then 9-7 IMO.

So at the Quarter mark in the season, my prediction is wins. Starting with the Titans in convincing fashion. The Cowboys are 3-0 after a bye under Wade, and have had a week off to rest up, heal up and prepare to stop the Number 1 pick in most all Fanstasy Drafts and last years 2000 yard rusher. I say we stop him which will cause FF'ers who own him to panic, while at the same forcing Vince into mistakes. The Cowboys looked to put it all together again but with more upmffff this weekend.

Cowboys 35- Titans 13

Rather than my typical reply, let me just say that I love Texas. I'm currently at a place called Big Racks BBQ near the Dallas airport. Hot girls in hotter outfits than Hooters, great food, cool bar. I drove past Dallas today... Gorgeous city. I've been to Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Houston and Waco. All geat places with good people.

P.S. I still believe the Cowboys are the best team ever assembled and will still find a way to go ubdefeated.

Cowboys 35- Titans 13

1-3

Cowboys 35- Titans 13

Honestly, I love how much of a fan you are. It could be the apocalypse, fire raining from the sky, Texas is a smoldering crater yet you would still post something like the above about the cowboys. I love reading your rants on the cowboys and wish there were more fans like you on these boards. That being said...

The Skins are not that good of a football team. I know that. They will be 500 or slightly better. Mcnabb still drills the ball into the turf at the receivers feet like always, then makes a great seem pass over the middle to his TE. Just a team with not enough talent around.

Let's see:

Skins 3-2 (1st in the division)

Cowboys 1-3 (4th in the division)

:wacko:

As you can see, talent doesn't mean jack poo if you can come together as a team. McNabb may 'still drill the ball into the turf' but they find ways to miss the turf when it's needed.

Wade needs to go and a hard nosed HC needs to step in and slap the team around. They need discipline. If the Cowboys straighten that up and with Romo and Austin and a re-tooled ground game coupled with the defense, yeah, I agree the cowboys would be a dominate team in the NFL. It's not like they are losing by a lot in most games:

Skins (justice)/Dallas: by 6 pts

Da Bears/Dallas: by 7 points

Texans/Dallas: 14 points

Bye week/Dallas: n/a

Titans/Dallas: 7 points

The one thing to take away from this is that it's cold at the bottom of the division and hard to climb out of a hole in the NFC east.....trust me on that.

Well I know this, I know very little about what is going to happen on Sundays.

Romo throws for 400 yards and 3 TD's while two more tip balls get picked and lose by 7 on a chest bump.

Refs call a chest bump excessive celebration which is so ridiculous I can't find the words to describe it.

The Cowboys are setting records on finding new ways to lose a game and that is upsetting to say the least. That said, the league is very strange this year.

New Orleans gets beat by ARZ and Max Hall who's stat line is 17 of 27 for 168 yards. You'd think oh they must of ran all over them right? You'd be wrong again. Wells, 20 rushes for 39 yards and no touchdowns. So how in the world did ARZ put up 30 points? Mistakes by Brees and co. Yes, the SuperBowl Champs make enough mistakes to go down to ARZ.

Now that's not all. The Power House San Diego Chargers get beat by Oakland. Rivers 431 yards and 2 TD's. Campbell 13 of 18 for 159 yards while Bush puts up 104 yards and 1 TD. So how in the world did Oakland put up 35 points? Mistakes by Rivers and co.

So for me to sit here and say that the Cowboys are better then their 1-3 record would be silly right? Just as silly as saying that ARZ is better then the Saints or the Raiders are better then the Chargers.

I would be silly if I said that Romo is playing his best football ever and Rivers has eclipsed Manning so far in MVP status even though both lost this week.

I would be even more silly if I said that the Cowboys were the best team in the East right now with a 1-3 record.

I know this, so far this NFL season has been so silly I can't make heads or tails of it. I know the Cowboys are better then this but they keep trying to prove me wrong. Maybe I am silly for believing they are something they aren't? I must concede that fact. Still there is a lot of football left and we will have exactly 5 more games in the division to sort things out.

So call me silly, but I see a Cowboys team that needs to get out of their own way. I mean come on now, Romo has been as accurate as I have seen ever. Austin is doing his thing again, Dez is a nice addition and Roy is playing outstanding. I just don't get how they give the Titans 21 points like candy to afgan children. Nor do I get how he O line can play the way they did for two games then one half of ridiculousness.

It's not discipline, because the same thing is happening across the league. It's not talent because they have that too. Again, call me silly but the ball isn't bouncing the Cowboys way so far.

So before you go and call me a homer and this and that. We have all seen this before, teams that play up and down the first half of the season and then we all watch the real horses dig in down the stretch. Too many times I have seen teams play poorly then get hot, or play hot then go in the tank. Denver last year was a perfect example. At 1-3 in the East, the Cowboys have removed all wiggle room that is for sure. That said, I still believe they can get it done.

So Hi, I'm Silly nice to meet you.

Edited by Cowboyz1