[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go again...VJax rumor to New England

SpinalTapp

From CBS:

Vincent Jackson, WR SD

News: Comcast Sportsnet New England reports the Patriots have inquired about a trade involving disgruntled Chargers WR Vincent Jackson, a source told CSNNE Thursday. The talks are preliminary, but the idea of a trade involving Jackson for offensive lineman Logan Mankins is a possibility. Mankins is also holding out because of a contract issue. The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the asking price for Jackson is a second- and third-round pick for an NFC team and a first- and second-round pick for an AFC team.

Analysis: The Patriots just traded away Randy Moss, so they have a void to fill at the wide receiver slot. Jackson would be a perfect replacement, but it's not a given. Again, these are just preliminary talks. Still, if Jackson ends up in a New England uniform, then that would be great for his Fantasy value. He would be catching passes from Tom Brady, which is just as good as him catching passes from Philip Rivers. Jackson would still be an elite Fantasy WR.

The Mankins factor makes it interesting. Throughout this supposedly Smith has been steadfast in his demands for draft picks. But if they could trade disgruntled for disgruntled, Smith save face to a small degree if he comes off his 2nd and 3rd demands. I still find it hard to believe two such cheapskate organizations would pony up and do a deal, but the player swap does make it seem more plausible. The Pats won't be giving a 2nd and a 3rd, I'd be stunned if they did the way they hoard them.

I want to pickup Jackson just in case this trade does go down.

Question is, who should I drop for him?

I have both Chargers WR as well as 3 players on the Texans.

Basically, should I drop Jacoby Jones or Legedu Nanee to pickup V Jax?

VJ to Patriots still unlikely

By Kevin Acee

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 6:47 p.m.

I love blogs. It's where something that isn't a story can be made into a story. No sarcasm. It's the perfect venue.

Comcast Sports' Tom Curran, as usual, is right when he reports that the Chargers and New England Patriots have talked about Vincent Jackson.

However, I am told it is highly unlikely anything comes of these conversations. The Chargers would require a first- and second-round pick from New England over the next two drafts. While the Patriots can afford that -- with its two picks in each of those rounds in 2011 -- they are not expected to do so.

Any trade (and new contract for Jackson) would have to be done by the Oct. 19 trade deadline. And Jackson, who is on the Roster Exempt List, would have to sit out three games after he signs.

A straight-up trade of Jackson for guard Logan Mankins , another Pro Bowler sitting out unhappy with his restricted free agent tender, is even more unlikely. The Chargers are set at guard. While Mankins played tackle in college, most NFL people do not see him as one.

I want to pickup Jackson just in case this trade does go down.

Question is, who should I drop for him?

I have both Chargers WR as well as 3 players on the Texans.

Basically, should I drop Jacoby Jones or Legedu Nanee to pickup V Jax?

i just dropped jones for vjax yesterday...and i was pretty low on waiver priority...didnt seem like anyone else was too interested in spending 20 bucks to pick him up without a resolution to his situation

i dont think jones has much value unless yer in a league with return yardage counted....i also have mathews/floyd....dunno how the vjax thing is going to shake out...but i think hes worth a shot here especially for jones...ive got to think he gets moved somewhere before the deadline...even if its seattle hell still hold some value....and if he doesnt....then you can drop him for somebody else if you want

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis