[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mccoy ready to roll...Practiced in full

robert terni

in reids news conference a reporter asked if mccoy will be seeing less reps in the game..and reid responded that hes looks good and will get his normal reps...take that for what its worth

he also said Kolb would be the starter and we know how that went.

I've got Charles and Bradshaw in addition to McCoy, so I'm going with them. If I were 100% sure he'd get his full complement of snaps, I'd play him over Charles.

I'd be very, VERY cautious with this news. This sounds like a coach trying to disguise a bad situation. I just don't know how a RB with a broken rib is in better shape than a QB with torn cartilage.

I've been told by a friend who has had both injuries that the cartilage injury is much, much more painful than broken or cracked ribs. FWIW.

edit: typo

Edited by STL Fan

I've been told by a friend who has had both injuries that the cartilage injury is much, much more painful than broken or cracked ribs. FWIW.

edit: typo

I've never had torn cartilage, but I've had a broken rib and if a torn cartilage is worse, that's painful!

We're just now learning about some of these young star RBs, like McCoy, Best, and Mathews... and what we're possibly finding out is that they are quick healers, tough guys. Knock on wood.

The way these three have responded lately to somewhat serious injuries, well, it kind of cements their fantasy reputation going forward. I love it.

Reid said that McCoy practiced all week and went through a full workout before the team headed out to San Francisco. And while McCoy was listed as questionable on the injury report, Reid said he anticipates the running back will be able to play "the full game" on Sunday.

"He feels good," Reid said. "We'll see by game time. But I think he's going to be OK to go do a normal load."

After practice, McCoy said he felt "a little pain," but was otherwise "ready to go."

"I'm very excited to get out there and play some football," McCoy said. "It's another game for us."

Reid said that McCoy practiced all week and went through a full workout before the team headed out to San Francisco. And while McCoy was listed as questionable on the injury report, Reid said he anticipates the running back will be able to play "the full game" on Sunday.

"He feels good," Reid said. "We'll see by game time. But I think he's going to be OK to go do a normal load."

After practice, McCoy said he felt "a little pain," but was otherwise "ready to go."

"I'm very excited to get out there and play some football," McCoy said. "It's another game for us."

I really want to start McCoy but am a little worried about going 2 plays and getting hurt, so should I start the POS Forte in his place or would you roll with McCoy?