[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Ward

mroban

Not that I entirely disagree with the commentary here - Foster has been a stud. But if Ward saw "half his carries while Foster was sitting out" that means he saw the other half when Foster was back. So...seems that Ward's use in the gameplan didnt change much. If he gets 8-10 carries a game, he becomes an okay RB4/flex with upside if Foster gets injured. at a minimum he seems the correct handcuff and Slaton is likely not worth much at this point.

Houston Texans RB Derrick Ward could get more involved in the offense after rushing for 80 yards on 12 carries in Week 4, reports Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. 'He's done good stuff. He gives us another big guy that is a tough guy to tackle. [RB Steve Slaton] is the change-up guy of the three. I'm just very encouraged just by getting him, and now even more so encouraged by how far he has come,' Gary Kubiak said.

Huddle Up: Scurfield has written this pro-Ward stuff twice in three days. It rings hollow when you consider half of Ward's carries last week occurred while Foster was benched early for disciplinary reasons. It's going to take a lot more evidence to suggest the league's leading rusher (537 yards) will lose many carries to a journeyman.

It's kinda like a "What if?" thing. What if Foster started the game out of the gates. Would Ward have received those first 6 carries - and even gotten into the flow much at all?

It just seems speculative ("rings hollow") on that Schurfield guy's part to suggest Ward has earned a signiificant role going forward. Foster's a beast.....

See my thread below. Kubiak is what he is. DOESN'T matter to him that Foster is leading the league in everything. I can see it coming already.

Foster 17 carries Ward 12 carries. I will go nuts if that's the case.

I am simply really concerned that Kubiak doesn't get it and is what he is and will give Ward 35-40% of the carries.

I have this bad feeling I'll be bumping my thread Sunday afternoon with an I told you so...

Edited by giantsfan