[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The pity thread

Menudo

I don't usually do this, and get annoyed when others do. However, I'm going to vent in hopes that it turns things around for me:

League 1

QB - Had to pick-up and start Bradford, as my two QB's were Cutler & Vick......so far, 0 TD's

RB - Jones-Drew had a TD called back for holding and just came off the field injured

RB - Charles - numbers, no TD's

WR/TE - Boldin, Garcon, Collie, Clark - :wacko:

League 2

RB - Charles & DeAngelo - Nada

WR - Inserted Collie late over Sims-Walker :tup:

TE - Clark - Nada

Playing against Nicks in both leagues. Getting killed in both leagues, and having embarrassing point totals.

:tup:

Edited by Menudo

With all the injuries and inconsistency from week to week this year, it's generally been a more frustrating and less fun FFL year for me thus far. Could also be because two of my 10-team leagues went 12-team against my wishes this year.

RBs - Foster and Addai (Forte on the bench)

WRs - Jennings, Ocho, Clayton

Fortunately I also started Shaun Hill and Atlanta defense, so all is not lost (my opponent's line-up is pretty week, as well).

Oh yeah, I also dropped Brandon Jackson and Mike Thomas last week.

Playing against Matt Forte in both my leagues.

No TDs for any of my skill players so far except one for Ryan. Charles can't score. SJax can't score. Best can't score. S.Smith can't score. Ochocinco can't score. Driver can't score. Mike Thomas can't score, but MSW decided pull his head out of his ass this week.

Harumph. :wacko:

I just need to vent. In my main league (14-team PPR redraft) I am 0-4. My bad luck:

Week 1: I lose Kolb, I have Collie on my bench and my opponent has Cutler, who had his best game of the year. Loss. No big deal, now I know who to start every week.

Week 2: My opponent trades for Jahvid Best a couple days before our game. He has a monster game, his best so far. I score the third-highest points. My opponent scores the second-highest. Loss.

Week 3: My opponent has Flacco and Boldin, who connect for three TDs. He also has Roy Williams, who, along with Boldin, post their highest point totals in at least two years. I score the fourth-most points that week. My opponent scores second-most.

Week 4: Due to bye weeks, half my 10-man roster is out. I am forced to start Michael Bush, Mike Tolbert, Ladell Betts and Blair White. With Kolb out and Josh Freeman on a bye, I trade for Cutler. Concussion. Despite all this, I actually post a respectable score -- except my opponent started LT (2 TDs), Addai (2 TDs), Calvin Johnson (2 TDs), Hillis (TD), Lance Moore (TD) and Jermichael Finley (TD). LT, Addai and Calvin all post their highest scores of the year. My opponent still has Tom Brady to play and should easily post the weekly high score. Loss.

I don't expect anyone to give a diaper dirt, but the past three weeks have been brutal, just watching guys like Jahvid Best and Roy Williams come out of nowhere to post these career games. I am fifth-highest scorer in a 14-team league and I'm 0-4.

Added my quote from another thread.

Week 5: My opponent is forced to start Ray Rice and Willis McGahee due to byes and injuries. Rice gets 160 all-purpose yards and his first two TDs against one of the league's best rush defenses, and McGahee also has his highest point total this year. He also has Brandon Lloyd, who has 135 yds, 2 TDs for his highest point total this season.

I give up,

I want to be pitied!!

1-4 record in my 12 man local. My bench=fantasy hay-day.

Week 3: Lost by 5

Reggie Wayne (6 pts)

Ray Rice (7 pts)

Aaron Hernandez (7)

over

Boldin (32 points)

Charles (14)

Gonzalex (17)

Week 4: lose by 12

Cutler (4)

Maclin (1)

Over

Henne (21)

TO (28)

Misplayed rb and te too, but not by enough to win.

This week Ray Rice, Michael Bush, and TO all decide to have parties on my bench as my ENTIRE TEAM decides not to find the end zone (including QB). :wacko:

Sorry for the rant.

Just one bit of pity here, I activated Austin Collie and deactivated Steve Johnson last minute. My gut said 'bad idea'...

arrggghhh...

Want a good fantasy statline, dress any wr against Jax going forward...ANYONE.

4-0 heading into this week. So much for undefeated...

ME:

Manning, Peyton IND QB 11.20

Foster, Arian HOU RB 4.70

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB - TBD

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR 1.80

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 5.20

Johnson, Calvin DET WR 15.40

Davis, Vernon SFO TE 26.60

Prater, Matt DEN PK 5.00

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def 6.00

Total: 75.90

22.9 combined pts from Peyton, Foster, Boldin, and DeSean...are you freaking kidding me???

Egret:

McNabb, Donovan WAS QB 21.85

Best, Jahvid DET RB 14.40

Clayton, Mark STL WR 1.60

Cribbs, Josh CLE WR 3.40

Lloyd, Brandon DEN WR 30.50

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE - TBD

Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE 13.90

Hanson, Jason DET PK 14.00

Lions, Detroit DET Def 23.00

Total: 122.65

Hit by the Brandon Lloyd?!?! train...and the deadly Detroit PK / DT combo...?!?!

:wacko: