[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I will NEVER bench Orton again

brg88tx

3rd week in a row i bench Orton for Schaub because ALL the projections had Schaub significantly higher. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

"Analysis: With 1,733 passing yards through five games, Orton is on pace for an epic season. It's legit. With no semblance of a running game, Orton is simply sitting back and picking apart defenses. If Orton is on your bench, we'd be comfortable trading away the QB1 that you drafted and rolling with Orton."

I've started him 4 of 5 weeks with Matt Ryan as my backup.

Orton didnt cost me my game and Flacco almost had as many points BUT i absolutley agree. Kyle Orton is a MUST start every week no matter the opponent. he might just put up one amazing season for the position of QB in Fantasy. Dude throws for 300 yards every week and is on pace for over 5000 yards and 25+ tds. He barley throws picks and throws 1-2 TD's a game. I might not even sit Orton on his bye week. hes that good.

Edited by damageinc

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we're talking about a Denver player, I'll throw in another one.

I'll never bench Brandon Lloyd again. :wacko::tup::tup::lol::lol:

I feel u man I started Ochocinco over Lloyd the past couple week and this week I'm like I shouldn't start him against the Ravens theya have a good D and he still blows up....

I'm starting Lloyd next week feast or famine

3rd week in a row i bench Orton for Schaub because ALL the projections had Schaub significantly higher. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

Same here. I drafted Schaub to be the starter and picked up Orton late for backup. Schaub got me 3 points and Orton got the bench 27 points. Have got to go to Orton next week, even against the Jets.

Same here. I drafted Schaub to be the starter and picked up Orton late for backup. Schaub got me 3 points and Orton got the bench 27 points. Have got to go to Orton next week, even against the Jets.

Rodgers is the guy blocking Orton from my lineup.... I tried to remedy that last week by trying to work trades involving either, but couldn't find a satisfactory deal. I hope Rodgers is fine, but it's nice feeling like I can start Orton week 6 vs, NYJ & not automatically feel like his maximum upside is just outside the top 10.

Bronco Billy sure is quiet about how stupid McEtc is. :wacko:

I have maintained Orton was legit since the big Cutler trade. Nice to know once in awhile I get one right.

McDEtc. is an idiot, but Orton is solid. It's not his fault that he's trying to make sure Denver is a horrible team. Everything was in place until Orton decided to actually be good. Damn him!

I tried to get cute and play Bradford against the Lions instead of Orton this week. Did not seem like too far of a stretch given the success Bradford has had and the juicy matchup. Doh! :wacko:

I did the same thing AND I have (or had, I guess) Clayton as well - Clayton went down and my week was immediately sunk.

To be fair, BALT hadn't allowed anyone to pass on them at all yet. Still should've know Orton would get his though.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we're talking about a Denver player, I'll throw in another one.

I'll never bench Brandon Lloyd again. :wacko::tup::tup::lol::lol:

You think that's bad, I had BOTH Orton and Lloyd on my bench this week. Last year, Orton was rolling going into the game against the Ravens and the Ravens absolutely dismantled him. I was tempted to start him anyway, but went with what I viewed as the safer play in Matt Ryan(choice made easier because I also have Roddy White). I also considered starting Lloyd at flex, but if the Ravens pulled a repeat of last year on the Broncos, I'd likely be hosed at both QB and flex. Turns out it was all good, even with Arian Foster taking a huge dump. Ray Rice, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, and the guy I started at flex over Lloyd(one Malcom Floyd) carried me. I don't think I'll be starting Ryan over Orton any more, at least until Orton becomes limited by the late season ankle injury he seems to get every year. As for Lloyd, he'll be worked into the lineup, made easier due to bye weeks, but even using flex for a WR, I have Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Malcom Floyd, and Llloyd to choose from(plus Michael Crabtree, if he builds on his nice game this week). Time to trade one for RB depth perhaps...

I'm not sure why. I tell everyone it's not necessarily Orton, it's coaching.

I'm not sure but I do know that Mcdanials has the pedigree of Belichick, those 2 guys put together one if not the most explosive/record breaking teams in 2007. Orton and Rivers are the most consistent and best qbs in football right now. I say this only because Manning showed he is human against the Chiefs. The Chiefs btw are imo the only test for both Orton and Rivers. I would love to guarantee that they both will outperform Manning's numbers against the Chiefs. I have both and I know I'm at least getting 25+ PTS every week. Regardless of who I start. These guys sling the ball no matter WHAT!!